Dinseyland & DCA Advice, please!

imamouse

Original Poster
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied to this thread. Your advice was very helpful and I'm sure that my trip will be better for all the tips you have shared.

Many thanks!

ISTCrew20

I was able to visit Disneyland for the first time last Fall. I completely loved it there. I thought every attraction, with the exception of Splash Mountain, was better in California than it is here in Florida. I was there when Haunted Mansion Holiday was going on, so I can't compare the original HMs, but the track layout seemed similar.

I was never a fan of Fantasmic at WDW, so seeing the DL version wasn't a huge highlight. It was better though.

You really see the difference in the 2 parks. Disneyland is truly magical, while back here in Florida, it seems all manufactured.

imamouse

Original Poster
I'm baacckkk....

I just returned from my trip to DL (and Vegas) and wanted to thank everyone who replied for their advice and information sharing. We had a great time, although it was colder than normal, which gave us a great excuse to buy DL hooded sweatshirts.

We stayed at PPR resort (GCR was full) and were upgraded to a theme park view, so we saw the electric light parade and nightly fireworks from our room.

Overall, we liked how compact both parks are and how close there are to each other, the 3 DL resorts, and DTD.

I also loved the Haunted Mansion at DL. It's better than the WDW version (IMO). The sound track to SM is cool, but I overheard some locals saying that not much else was changed during the long rehab (some lighting effects, but not tons). Overall, I loved it and would like to go back.

Thanks again
:wave:

BRER STITCH

So glad to hear you had a GREAT trip!

Isn't it amazing how different things are in CA vs, FL???
I love it!

Welcome back!....so...when is the next trip??? HAHA!

:wave:

LilDucky

Adam E said:
The Electrical Parade is no longer around ;). I think anywhere in Main Street is a great place to see Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams - which is a fantastic parade. Don't miss the Remember... Dreams Come True! fireworks spectacular either.
Actually, the Electrical Parade operates seasonally at DCA :animwink: :wave:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/entertainment/detail?name=DisneysElectricalParadeEntertainmentPage

Glad to hear you had a great time Imamouse!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom