Dinosaur

jayjay

Original Poster
I have a 4 year old, and he is old enough for Dinosaur. I have never ridden it. Some of my relatives, who were there 3 years back say NO, however; my friend just came back and thought it would be fine. Can I have some feed back:confused::confused:

CoffeeJedi

I'm 28 and that ride scares the living heck out of me! For children, i'd say this is a very intense ride; i've heard of little kids liking it, but i know that at that age i would have been scared to death afterwards.

bayoutinkbelle

It depends on the kid. My son is 12 and didn't enjoy it. It was a tad too intense for him. I'd think twice if your child is timid on any rides. It's a dark ride with lots of noise, movement and surprises.

imagineer99

I have a 4 year old, and he is old enough for Dinosaur. I have never ridden it. Some of my relatives, who were there 3 years back say NO, however; my friend just came back and thought it would be fine. Can I have some feed back:confused::confused:

Nobody can make the judgement of what is appropriate for your child, except yourself. So, the best bet is to ride it solo, and then make your decision.

That said, I'd be very hesitant to put a 4 year old on Dinosaur. It's not necessarily intense, but it is in the dark with loud noises and big prehistoric beasts popping out at you.

Tramp

I'd be very careful with a 4 year old on Dinosaur.
No one knows your kid better than you. Best thing to do is ride by yourself at first and then make the call having the benefit of the experience.

OOPS,,,sorry 99...looks like we had the same thought

Chape19714

I'd be very cautious with this ride and a 4 yo. You know him best, so ride it solo, and then see. Ask a castmember for any additional information. If there is something your kid HATES, like strobe lighting, or spinning, they will be more than happy to tell you what the ride contains. There is always a way to exit before boarding, just ask any cast member in case there is a chicken in the group.

CoffeeJedi

If there is something your kid HATES, like strobe lighting, or spinning
Or a realistic 50 foot tall dinosaur springing from the darkness and roaring at full volume in your face from 6 inches away.

Ok, ok, a bit of an exageration i'll admit, but it certainly feels like that when you're on the ride.

Maybe it is because this was the only ride at DAK for awhile but, I never saw this as intense. I having been going on it since it opened and I think it is great, I could see some kids being afriad but my little brother went on it when he was around 4 or 5 and loved it. He is rather adventuress but, It should not be that intense, especially to an adult....

Lanipie

I'm 28 and that ride scares the living heck out of me! For children, i'd say this is a very intense ride; i've heard of little kids liking it, but i know that at that age i would have been scared to death afterwards.

I agree. I'd say it depends on the child. If your 4 year old can handle intense stuff then they should be fine. But I was 25 when i first rode it and it scared the bejeezus out of me. I'm no pansy either, I love thrill rides and stuff, but it was definitely intense.

rbrower

I personally dont think that would be a good idea. Like some other people have said, you should go on it first then decide for yourself. Have fun on your next trip!

comics101

Maybe it is because this was the only ride at DAK for awhile but, I never saw this as intense. I having been going on it since it opened and I think it is great, I could see some kids being afriad but my little brother went on it when he was around 4 or 5 and loved it. He is rather adventuress but, It should not be that intense, especially to an adult....

I think the reason it's intense is because of the fact that they have a ton of realistic Disnosaurs popping out from behind trees and stuff. I'm a teenager, and I find it extremely scary. My 6 year old brother just went on it last trip and didn't like it much either. In the picture, you can see him hiding his head in my dad's lap. My other brother,11, loves it. He's waving to the Carnatorous when it takes your picture.

We went on the ride with my DH cousin who was about 4-5 at the time. She was terrified. After we got off the ride she said that she never wanted to go on that agian! She tends to be a little on the timid side...she was also not thrilled on It's tough to be a Bug. Like most others have said--it's probably a good idea for you to ride first and make the decision on your own. Anyone out there know of any ride videos to maybe give them a preview of what to expect?

BlackJackSavage

It's fine, just tell them to shut their eyes if they are scared easy. First time most people are a bit nervous, but after that first time like anyother ride it will keep you coming back. Star Tours is bumpier than this.

My daughter went on it when she was four, just last year. She was scared but got out of it alright. She even said she would go back on it whenever we go back. The problem for her, though, was that it was so dang loud. She is kind of daredevil, though. We also took her on ToT and she loved it. It all depends on the kid, though.

Sledge

Account Suspended
I wouldn't say it is anymore intense than Star Tours as far as actual ride movement goes. The major problems will be with the actual scares such as dinosaurs, loud noises and I know just "choas" can stress kids out and freak them out a little bit.

As far as the actual scares go you can base it off how he handles the following:
- Alien scene in The Great Movie Ride with the loud sirens and "chaos"
- Snake and lion in Honey I Shrunk The Audience
- The darkness and "choas" in Stitch's Great Escape
- Obviously if The Haunted Mansion or It's Tough to be a Bug! bothers a kid, Dinosaur would terrify him

Like others have said, it just depends on the kid. Use the above as a good reference but it would be best to check it out first without him. I know with having to wait in line twice and getting someone to watch him the first time it might not be the ideal way to do it, but you don't want to get him on there only to scare him so bad that he doesn't want to ride anything else the rest of the vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom