Dinosaur

righttrack

Mine sure don't like it!!!

13yo and a 7yo, who will never go on it again! Its a "jump" kind of scare. Typically you don't get these kind of scares at WDW, so its shocking. The dark, then all of a sudden, BAM kind of stuff that jumps in your face and violates your space.

Chape19714

Or a realistic 50 foot tall dinosaur springing from the darkness and roaring at full volume in your face from 6 inches away.

Ok, ok, a bit of an exageration i'll admit, but it certainly feels like that when you're on the ride.
Well...you know, certain things just bug certain people I guess. :lol: I personally don't like being dropped until my stomach can't take it in an abandoned creppy hotel. Or being pushed out of a 0-60 mph slingshot.

campdisney

As the others have said, it depends on the child. My youngest was 6 his first time on Dinosaur. He loved it! (Whereas my legs were actually shaking afterward!) But, he's a born thrill-seeker too so I knew he'd have no problem on it.

I'd preview it first if you have doubts about the child's ability to handle the ride. Better that than to traumatize a child at the Happiest Place on Earth!

I think it would be just fine for your 4 year old to ride Dinosaur. It gets pretty bumpy, yet there aren't any sudden plunges like on Splash Mountain. I think your 4 year old will have a blast riding Dinosaur. It's my favorite ride at the Animal Kingdom.

"Simba One, try the red clay pit..."

RonAnnArbor

From a psychologist who works with kids every day -- absolutely NOT! It doesn't matter how well you think you know your child, this is beyond the sensory integration abilities of a 4-year old.

gboiler1

I love the ride, and is one of my very favs in the entire World, but I wouldn't take a child on it unless they really are a rough and tumble type. Aside from the dark and loud dinos jumping out at you. It is a rough, herky jerky ride. With all the replies on this topic, I'm sure you now have a pretty good idea what to do!

the-reason14

I think everyone that has ridden dino for the first time with their eyes open have been scared out of their minds. The only people I think that wouldnt get scared the first ride are the ones that close their eyes and maybe either cover their ears or got some earplugs. But then on their second they'll open their eyes and get scared the second ride. My aunt and my cousin did that and their old.

My first ride, it scared me bad, and I was 13 I think. so....

gbrooks135

I took My 5 year old Grandson on last year, and he didnt want to get off it, he loved it. he wated to ride it agian(but yet when we were in line he was throwing a fit about how he didnt want to ride it, we made him ride it becasue he would do that on any ride we took him on and then after the ride he would like it) he is just scared to try something.

DisneyBride94

So far my son (6) has not wanted to go on it... He's seen our video of the ride... and he's made his choice not to go... I'd leave it up to your son to decide... I don't think it is scary...but every kid is different.... I respect my son's wishes that he doesn't want to ride it yet...

BCNHF

Not to go entirely offtopic but what do you guys consider scarier? Jurrasic Park sans drop at Universal or Dinosaur?

3IAlienKid

Dinosaur is one of my 2 favorite Disney rides (I flip back and forth between this and Rock N Roller Coaster). However, I echo the sentiments of just about everyone else here - while each kid is different, I'd be wary of putting most 4yr olds on it. I personally experience this to be the most intense ride at WDW. Not just because of the movement of the vehicles, but even more so because of the environment the Imagineers have created. There are extended moments in the dark, making the appearances of the dinosaurs even more menacing. The dinosaur animatronics, especially the 20 foot tall carnotaur, are VERY scary in appearance and ability to suddenly lounge forward quickly. Think the giant cobra on Disneyland's Indy Jones ride only twice as tall, twice as bulky, twice as quick, and twice as close. On top of that, this is the LOUDEST attraction anywhere in WDW, the volume it turned up to "11" if you know what I mean. My wife hid her face and refused to look up through the last 3rd of the ride.

Steamboat_Kevin

Dinosaur's very dark and it's the only non-thrilling (meaning it's not speedy, doesn't have steep drops, etc.) ride at WDW that has genuinely scared me.

It's a great ride, but I'm guessing your 4 year old may be traumatized by it.

DisneyDellsDude

Or a realistic 50 foot tall dinosaur springing from the darkness and roaring at full volume in your face from 6 inches away.

Ok, ok, a bit of an exageration i'll admit, but it certainly feels like that when you're on the ride.

Atleast he doesn't breathe on you like he did during Countdown to Extinction.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am 35 and that ride scares the bejebuzz out of me every time I go on it. My 5 year old daughter on the other hand laughs and fake screams through the whole thing. If your child scares easily and gets upset about it then I would say no. If he is pretty resilient to that kind of thing then he will be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom