Dinosaur, WDW's most underrated ride?

Sammyste

Original Poster
Just came back from a trip to WDW about a week ago and when I went on Dinosaur for the first time in a while I noticed how scary and really amazing of a ride it is. Throughout the whole day I must have ridden it about 10 times with a 5 minute wait with or without a fastpass. It's the only ride throughout all of the parks that I was actually mad at that it didn't have a longer line and more attention. Maybe its location in AK confuses people or something but it is just a fantastic ride with no problems. :veryconfu

lighteningqueen

Maybe it's the location, because I don't think anyone likes or enjoys Dinoland U.S.A. at all. :eek:

For sure:
Why would Disney put part of their park to look like a cheap amusement park. To me that is what it looks like. They need to work on AK its my favorite park and not because of EE Wont get on that.

WDW2010

It has to be one of my favorite rides, on my trip this past March I had road it about 10 times non stop with my girlfriend through out the day I enjoy it every time

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just came back from a trip to WDW about a week ago and when I went on Dinosaur for the first time in a while I noticed how scary and really amazing of a ride it is. Throughout the whole day I must have ridden it about 10 times with a 5 minute wait with or without a fastpass. It's the only ride throughout all of the parks that I was actually mad at that it didn't have a longer line and more attention. Maybe its location in AK confuses people or something but it is just a fantastic ride with no problems. :veryconfu

It's not underrated... it's underachieving from what it could be.

Many of the effects don't run.. it's mostly 'beat you up in the dark' instead of let you see what you are going through.

It's a great building and load station.. with an amazing ride system.. that is completely wasted in the ride. Once you see what the attraction REALLY can be - Indiana Jones in Disneyland - you'll never look at Dinosaur the same again.

Sammyste

Original Poster
I have been on Indiana Jones in DL and I know what you mean, but still totally different themes and not even as close as big as Indy. Also Indy is a well known ride unlike Dinosaur which I am trying to get at. I'm not critiquing Dinosaur at all, I think it is perfect the way it is. :eek:

Crockett

Banned
I agree Dinosaur is a great E-ticket attraction. Even with all the cutbacks the ride has received, it still is one of the better themed adventures.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
it is just a fantastic ride with no problems. :veryconfu

I enjoy the ride too, but it's got lots of problems. A lot of the effects haven't worked for years, to the point that someone in another thread recently asked a cast member when the lasers would be fixed. The cast member's response was, "There are supposed to be lasers on this ride?"

amejr999

Many of the effects don't run.. it's mostly 'beat you up in the dark' instead of let you see what you are going through.

That's my big problem with it... it's just a scene, then some dark space, then another scene, and so on. The movement doesn't really sync up with the show, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom