Dinosaur Running Carnatauras Being Rehabbed

Blizz

Not saying you're wrong, but are you sure that Dinosaur really under-goes more work than any attraction at Animal Kingdom? While I'm sure it takes a decent amount of work to maintain, I'm willing to bet the constant maintenance of the 44 different Kilimanjaro Safaris vehicles rivals the work done on Dinosaur.

Also, that Primeval Whirl rumor must be a pretty wide-spread one if you feel it's not true because I've heard the exact same things that were suggested by MythBuster.

I am sure the Safari trucks undergo a ton of work, I am sure they hit more things then Disney would admit to. I have never had the pleasure of seeing their facilities for repair. However I do know that Dinosaur always has at least one or two vehicles in their shop being worked on and always at least one being taken apart down to its frame, reworked, and then rebuilt. It needs the most work because believe it or not its actually one of Disney's most dangerous ride vehicles due to the shear amount of force each car uses.

The Primeval Whirl rumor is just that, while the ride is in dire need of a refurb, the attraction is not having problems like some claim. Parts are not falling off and the attraction is not having problems as to cause it to have a major problem. The only problems I have ever seen there is a car wont lock or unlock for spinning and the lap restrains locking system fails to disengage - all easliy fixed by operations within seconds. The system that certifies the attraction has more fail safes then any coaster I have seen in its class, the attraction is checked multiple times each day by operations, it is maintained each night by engineering, and is always being monitored by operations, engineering, and the ride system.

AEfx

What "effects" are missing from Primeval Whirl? I don't do that because the spinning would jus make me puke, but I'm curious - do the cheesy dinosaurs move or something?

AEfx

MythBuster

I am sure the Safari trucks undergo a ton of work, I am sure they hit more things then Disney would admit to. I have never had the pleasure of seeing their facilities for repair. However I do know that Dinosaur always has at least one or two vehicles in their shop being worked on and always at least one being taken apart down to its frame, reworked, and then rebuilt. It needs the most work because believe it or not its actually one of Disney's most dangerous ride vehicles due to the shear amount of force each car uses.

The Primeval Whirl rumor is just that, while the ride is in dire need of a refurb, the attraction is not having problems like some claim. Parts are not falling off and the attraction is not having problems as to cause it to have a major problem. The only problems I have ever seen there is a car wont lock or unlock for spinning and the lap restrains locking system fails to disengage - all easliy fixed by operations within seconds. The system that certifies the attraction has more fail safes then any coaster I have seen in its class, the attraction is checked multiple times each day by operations, it is maintained each night by engineering, and is always being monitored by operations, engineering, and the ride system.

Obviously, you should get your facts right first. Maybe you should come and watch all the maintenance being done during 3rd shift, then you would know which attraction has the most work done to it.

"All easily fixed by operations within seconds" Ha-Ha, is that some kind of joke?? I think you are looking too much at a operations perspective not a maintenance one. The ride looked fine when it was shut down and looked okay when we started it up in the morning, without realizing how much work is done at night to make it seem that way.

imagineersrock

What "effects" are missing from Primeval Whirl? I don't do that because the spinning would jus make me puke, but I'm curious - do the cheesy dinosaurs move or something?

AEfx
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the large circular black and white thing at the top of the lift hill... it is supposed to spin.

Blizz

Obviously, you should get your facts right first. Maybe you should come and watch all the maintenance being done during 3rd shift, then you would know which attraction has the most work done to it.

Yeah... thanks. Thats why i never once claimed to know which attraction has the most work done during 3rd shift... yeah... thanks for reading. :brick:

"All easily fixed by operations within seconds" Ha-Ha, is that some kind of joke?? I think you are looking too much at a operations perspective not a maintenance one. The ride looked fine when it was shut down and looked okay when we started it up in the morning, without realizing how much work is done at night to make it seem that way.

By easily fixed I was talking about the packs used to correct the lap bar lock issue. Once again, way to read the entire post!

I guess there really is a reason why some Disney cast is better left as 3rd shift... I could only imagine how you would treat a guest in person.

imagineersrock said:
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the large circular black and white thing at the top of the lift hill... it is supposed to spin.

There are various pieces of show effects on PW. Aside from the spinning wheel there are other moving parts: clocks on the lift hill, meteors that swing back and forth after the largest drop, dinosaurs with moving arms... sadly none of this has worked in a long time. It really made the ride stand out over being just a wild mouse coaster.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but all the show effects in the attractions are maintained by Disney. Contractors sometimes do the installation, but the maintenance is by Disney.

No, it is not.

Certain effects and systems are maintained by staff who specialize in those systems, who happen to work for other companies and are contracted out by Disney.

For example, at Epcot there are many maitenance CMs who are trained in large robotic systems, automation, electrical, etc - they take care of ride systems and animatronics. Many of them come from experience in the automotive industry. Also, there are always a few projectionists working at Epcot because of how many film-based attractions the park has, they knows projectors and film systems and can splice a new reel when one breaks in no time.

However, the show curtains at Universe of Energy that open when Ellen says "wider" in the second theater fall into a category that are all their own. No one on the staff specializes in giant curtains moving on rails that travel along a curved rail system. Those are taken care of by an outside company, and when they break, the company is called and comes in the fix it ASAP.

I'm sure its quite possible for other attractions to have such items as well.

MythBuster

Yeah... thanks. Thats why i never once claimed to know which attraction has the most work done during 3rd shift... yeah... thanks for reading. :brick:

By easily fixed I was talking about the packs used to correct the lap bar lock issue. Once again, way to read the entire post!

I guess there really is a reason why some Disney cast is better left as 3rd shift... I could only imagine how you would treat a guest in person.

I did read your entire post!! Maybe you should reread it yourself!! You said "there is a car wont lock or unlock for spinning" that is easily corrected by operations, then you said you were just talking about lap bars. Which is IT??

Chape19714

No, it is not.

Certain effects and systems are maintained by staff who specialize in those systems, who happen to work for other companies and are contracted out by Disney.

For example, at Epcot there are many maitenance CMs who are trained in large robotic systems, automation, electrical, etc - they take care of ride systems and animatronics. Many of them come from experience in the automotive industry. Also, there are always a few projectionists working at Epcot because of how many film-based attractions the park has, they knows projectors and film systems and can splice a new reel when one breaks in no time.

However, the show curtains at Universe of Energy that open when Ellen says "wider" in the second theater fall into a category that are all their own. No one on the staff specializes in giant curtains moving on rails that travel along a curved rail system. Those are taken care of by an outside company, and when they break, the company is called and comes in the fix it ASAP.

I'm sure its quite possible for other attractions to have such items as well.
Funny, those Curtains in Ellen have been missing the past 2 times I went on it.

teebin

so, the carnataurous is charging, the dino is eating the dino, the smoke in the launch room is smokin, (and I had never seen smoke or fog on Dino ever since I rode it for the first time in 2004 until two months ago) the geisers are frothing, the fog is in da forest. soooo.... is there something still not working on Dino? Everything that I am used to seeing was there today plus all the new smoke stuff.

peter11435

so, the carnataurous is charging, the dino is eating the dino, the smoke in the launch room is smokin, (and I had never seen smoke or fog on Dino ever since I rode it for the first time in 2004 until two months ago) the geisers are frothing, the fog is in da forest. soooo.... is there something still not working on Dino? Everything that I am used to seeing was there today plus all the new smoke stuff.
None of the lasers are working, the spinning light just after load is still not working and the Compsognathus are also not working.

cullama213

Original Poster
as i said before, the only things not working now are the sneezing dino and the "swooping" ptyrodactyl (sp?)...

but i am happy with what we have now...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One say yay, one say nay.... are the lasers working or not? Does anyone remember when they last did?

Good to hear things are getting better. Thanks for the update.

peter11435

One say yay, one say nay.... are the lasers working or not? Does anyone remember when they last did?

Good to hear things are getting better. Thanks for the update.
As I said the lasers are not working. And the Compsognathus and the light at the start of the ride are not working either.

Chux

Carnatauras is now running and moving forward again.

Yup, as of Oct 27th. We got to WDW, went to AK rode Everest then went on Dino two times, I was ecstatic to get chased down again :)

We stopped twice while we were on the ride (One each time) and the lights came on, but we were only on the LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT!! part, so we didn't get to see any of the AA's. Still neat seeing how small that part of the ride, low ceiling and fake plants :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom