Dinosaur Running Carnatauras Being Rehabbed

DisneyMusician2

It's just not the same if he's not chasing! But Dinosaur is one of my wife's favorite rides. We went on it 3 times in a row during EMH earlier in the year.

goofyfan13

It's just not the same if he's not chasing! But Dinosaur is one of my wife's favorite rides. We went on it 3 times in a row during EMH earlier in the year.

I'll admit, I was dissapointed that he wasn't chasing when I rode today, however, its better than just having that stupid head pop out of the bushes....

westie

IMHE its a 50/50 weather or not it'll happen. I somehow remember getting hit with hot breathe at the end too. Thats more 30/70.

Blizz

I'll admit, I was dissapointed that he wasn't chasing when I rode today, however, its better than just having that stupid head pop out of the bushes....

The carno is back but he might not charge again. I have been told the parts have been ordered but its still not 100% that it will work as it once had. I hope things work out and it does come back to how it was, but not sure if they will make it happen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The carno is back but he might not charge again. I have been told the parts have been ordered but its still not 100% that it will work as it once had. I hope things work out and it does come back to how it was, but not sure if they will make it happen.
Great.... another too-much-effort-to-maintain effect. I hope it`s not the case. Dinosaur has too many of these already. I`m not knocking op`s - the graveyard shift do a fantastic job property wide - more the management who make these decisions.

imagineersrock

Great.... another too-much-effort-to-maintain effect. I hope it`s not the case. Dinosaur has too many of these already. I`m not knocking op`s - the graveyard shift do a fantastic job property wide - more the management who make these decisions.
Well if it's anything like the poacher's scene and other effects at Kilimanjaro Safaris, the effects like the sliding truck on Kali, the mist on Everest, or a lot of the different effects on Dinosaur... :zipit:

I'm getting really tired of this.

Blizz

Well if it's anything like the poacher's scene and other effects at Kilimanjaro Safaris, the effects like the sliding truck on Kali, the mist on Everest, or a lot of the different effects on Dinosaur... :zipit:

I'm getting really tired of this.

A lot of these things are not repaired by Disney. Many are maintained by outside contractors. Which takes time to get people out and more money.

cullama213

Original Poster
How do i get a job fixing this stuff??? I am more then willing to work on my weekends to make sure all of these great effects work... i mean cmon, why put them in if you are not going to maintain them...

I had no idea the truck at kali was supposed to slide... i have never seen it move...

imagineersrock

A lot of these things are not repaired by Disney. Many are maintained by outside contractors. Which takes time to get people out and more money.
Call me selfish or irrational, but I could care less WHO repairs or maintains these things. For a company that has the neccesary resources to make it happen, they should be fixing things like this immediately regardless of cost or neccesary manpower. There was a time when that was the case, but the urgency from (whoever) is in charge of those decisions simply isn't there these days, and that's frustrating.

It seems like "This has to be fixed right now!" has become "We'll fix it later... sometime..." or even "Just forget about it, I bet no one really even noticed it anyway."

teebin

more the management who make these decisions.

It's a budget... all businesses have a budget. Managers have to decide what to do with that budget. At the end of the budget year, they then may present that which was not fixed in order to justify a bigger budget. A bad year is when nothing seems to break and they don't use the entire budget. In cases like these, they get a new budget based on what they used. Then, when everything breaks down the next year, they don't have the budget to fix.

Then there are special budgets... like the EE contingency budget... a fix what we didn't know would happen budget. This too will fall into a standard budget in the coming months... and will break down for extended periods, if not on the order of Dinosaur. If it is a question of the coaster not working or the yeti not working... the coaster will win out every time.

polarboi

Well, you know what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease... honestly, if there's a particular effect that doesn't work that really is important to you, write letters to Disney management and encourage others to do the same. If enough people demonstrate that they care about something, it becomes a higher priority to the people in charge. Postings on a message board aren't as high of a priority, if they even get seen by the company at all.

Of course, this doesn't guarantee that something will get fixed, as sometimes it's just beyond their control, like if there are safety concerns. But remember how Spaceship Earth got cleaned when a bunch of people wrote letters about the situation? That's the power of letter writing.

-p.b. :cool:

Blizz

It all comes down to something like this at Disney (and many other, many many other companies):

First you find the problem.
You request the right department to come diagnose the problem.
They call for their management to look into it.
They request servicing.
Exectives review the request and look at where to pull funding from.
Request for funding is made to the finance people.
Funding is deposited into a repair account for that specific area.
Management contacts the labor union for a contractor.
Contracts are signed with the vendor for repairs.
Parts are ordered from other vendors based on the contractors need.
Repairs are made.
More paperwork follows.
(all happens again if that repair does not solve everything)

Time, paperwork, money.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You want to know how daft TWDC can be with budgets? When DLP had the MSEP EuroDisney SCA had to order replacement bulbs via Burbank. Who then shipped them out to Paris.

I kid you not.

MythBuster

I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but all the show effects in the attractions are maintained by Disney. Contractors sometimes do the installation, but the maintenance is by Disney.

MythBuster

It's a budget... all businesses have a budget. Managers have to decide what to do with that budget. At the end of the budget year, they then may present that which was not fixed in order to justify a bigger budget. A bad year is when nothing seems to break and they don't use the entire budget. In cases like these, they get a new budget based on what they used. Then, when everything breaks down the next year, they don't have the budget to fix.

Then there are special budgets... like the EE contingency budget... a fix what we didn't know would happen budget. This too will fall into a standard budget in the coming months... and will break down for extended periods, if not on the order of Dinosaur. If it is a question of the coaster not working or the yeti not working... the coaster will win out every time.

I know it has been discussed before, but do you know what takes up most the budget for parts and manpower for Animal Kingdom??

The lamest and cheapest ride there...Primeval Whirl!!!

The cheapest ride to build but the most expensive to maintain. Dinosaur, Kali, and Everest would be doing a lot better if they didn't have to devote so much time and money to Primeval Hurl!!

They have to spend so much time and money just to keep it safe and from falling apart. They are welding on the frame constantly and replacing parts that fall off all the time. It is an accident waiting to happen.

Blizz

I know it has been discussed before, but do you know what takes up most the budget for parts and manpower for Animal Kingdom??

The lamest and cheapest ride there...Primeval Whirl!!!

The cheapest ride to build but the most expensive to maintain. Dinosaur, Kali, and Everest would be doing a lot better if they didn't have to devote so much time and money to Primeval Hurl!!

They have to spend so much time and money just to keep it safe and from falling apart. They are welding on the frame constantly and replacing parts that fall off all the time. It is an accident waiting to happen.

Primeval Whirl, like all WDW attractions, is a safe attraction. Disney would never take a risk on an attraction that anyone felt was unsafe. The attraction does not have parts falling off. While the show effects have not worked in sometime, that does not affect the quality of the ride since those parts were added by Disney and not the coaster manufacturer Reverchon. The ride vehicles are always undergoing work on a normal schedule and the attraction is maintained just as any other. Dinosaur under-goes more work then any attraction in Animal Kingdom, as there are always mulpitple cars being taken apart and rebuilt.

Yes, while a better attraction would be nice in place of Primeval, it is what it is.

imagineersrock

Primeval Whirl, like all WDW attractions, is a safe attraction. Disney would never take a risk on an attraction that anyone felt was unsafe. The attraction does not have parts falling off. While the show effects have not worked in sometime, that does not affect the quality of the ride since those parts were added by Disney and not the coaster manufacturer Reverchon. The ride vehicles are always undergoing work on a normal schedule and the attraction is maintained just as any other. Dinosaur under-goes more work then any attraction in Animal Kingdom, as there are always mulpitple cars being taken apart and rebuilt.

Yes, while a better attraction would be nice in place of Primeval, it is what it is.
Not saying you're wrong, but are you sure that Dinosaur really under-goes more work than any attraction at Animal Kingdom? While I'm sure it takes a decent amount of work to maintain, I'm willing to bet the constant maintenance of the 44 different Kilimanjaro Safaris vehicles rivals the work done on Dinosaur.

Also, that Primeval Whirl rumor must be a pretty wide-spread one if you feel it's not true because I've heard the exact same things that were suggested by MythBuster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom