Dinosaur May Open Up Early!!

Yen_Sid1

Original Poster
This is unofficial but... My friend told me that the rehab on Dinosaur is ahead of schedule and everything is doing good, but of course, not everything is finished yet. But they are shooting for re-opening on Friday, May 28 right before Memorial Day weekend.

Shaman

Was the rehab extensive, or was it small...what did they do to Dinosaur? Opening sooner than expected is great, because we all know that PW is no alternative for Dinosaur...

bhg469

I have heard that ride referred to as "the pits of hell" by an angry mother who thought it was educational

sabian

Animal Kingdom has so few meaningful attractions. I am surprised they could afford the risk of closing the most successful ride at the park. Oh well, hope the rehab was worth it.

Dayma

I love this ride. I am hoping that they upgraded some of the effects like the meteor shower at the beginning.

normbalko

Originally posted by bhg469
I have heard that ride referred to as "the pits of hell" by an angry mother who thought it was educational

Dinosaur is the scariest thing I've ever seen. No ride in WDW or Universal even comes close. I had no idea how intense it would be, but it scared the living daylights out of me, and I had my eyes closed at the end! I want to actually see the end the next time I go, but it will take some serious courage to subject myself to that again!!! btw, has anyone seen good video of this ride? My wife said the carnotaurus' head comes out at the riders at the very end and scared the wits out of her. I'd like to see this in the comfort of my computer room, as I had my eyes shut at that point!

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by sabian
Animal Kingdom has so few meaningful attractions. I am surprised they could afford the risk of closing the most successful ride at the park. Oh well, hope the rehab was worth it.
I thought Kilimanjaro Safaris was the most successful...

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Bill
I thought Kilimanjaro Safaris was the most successful...

No question you are right on that one.

I still swear that Dinosaur was much better when it was Countdown to Extenction (Even if it's all in my mind, I remember CTX being much more thrilling). And Dinosaur really has never experienced the type of waits you would expect from the park's big thrill ride (Not for long though :) ).

bhg469

Originally posted by dxwwf3

I still swear that Dinosaur was much better when it was Countdown to Extenction (Even if it's all in my mind, I remember CTX being much more thrilling). And Dinosaur really has never experienced the type of waits you would expect from the park's big thrill ride (Not for long though :) ).

do you know what they are changing in there?

bidnow5

My wife starts laughing the minute the ride starts and doesn't stop till it ends. She has no idea why and has yet to see most of it she laughs so hard. We have been on it about 10 times and it the same every time. Counting down 28 days to go

dxwwf3

Originally posted by bhg469
do you know what they are changing in there?

I personally do not know what is happening there, but it seems that they are just changing around the FP return site and some regular rehab work.

If you were refering to my comment "Not for long though" I was just referring to Expedition Everest being the number 1 thrill ride in the park when it opens (Taking the title from Dinosaur).

disneytati

Originally posted by normbalko
Dinosaur is the scariest thing I've ever seen. No ride in WDW or Universal even comes close. I had no idea how intense it would be, but it scared the living daylights out of me, and I had my eyes closed at the end! I want to actually see the end the next time I go, but it will take some serious courage to subject myself to that again!!! btw, has anyone seen good video of this ride? My wife said the carnotaurus' head comes out at the riders at the very end and scared the wits out of her. I'd like to see this in the comfort of my computer room, as I had my eyes shut at that point!

I agree! The first time I rode it, I screamed and cried like a stupid kid!:eek: I didn't even dare buying the picture!:lol: I also have my eyes shut from the middle of the ride on, and have never seen that last dinosaur that comes from the front...

I really hope it opens on the 28th!!! That's the day I am going there!

pilka214

first time i rode it, the park hadn't even opened yet. it was a special for the disney institute guests. anyone staying there on this exact saturday would be allowed a sneak peak at the park from 8:00 to 5:00 and after that it was press only. asia wasnt done yet but africa and dinoland were so we went there and rode ctx and ks. it was awesome. i believe it was in 98'
p.s it may have been for ap holders only i dont remember i was like 7

Disney2002

I have to say I was so painfully underwhelmed by CTX when I first rode it. Nothing seemed to happen. Then I returned a year later when it was Dinosaur, and it became a favorite. My father agrees.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Disney2002
I have to say I was so painfully underwhelmed by CTX when I first rode it. Nothing seemed to happen. Then I returned a year later when it was Dinosaur, and it became a favorite. My father agrees.

That's definately odd. It was definately toned down during the conversion (Some say it was a bigger change than others). I do know, for a fact, that you can have a less intense ride in the front row and that it is bumpier in the back. Maybe when you rode CTX you were in the front every time and when you rode Dinosaur the first time it was in the back :confused: . I really don't know what happened with your situation. I am glad you like the current version though. I certainly do as well (I'll always say that CTX was a more thrilling ride program though).

Disney2002

That's definately odd. It was definately toned down during the conversion (Some say it was a bigger change than others). I do know, for a fact, that you can have a less intense ride in the front row and that it is bumpier in the back. Maybe when you rode CTX you were in the front every time and when you rode Dinosaur the first time it was in the back :confused: . I really don't know what happened with your situation. I am glad you like the current version though. I certainly do as well (I'll always say that CTX was a more thrilling ride program though).

Perhaps that is true. However, my memory of CTX was of it being painfully dark throughout the entire thing... almost as if the effects were screwed up for the ride.... all of which was changed when I returned for the Dinosaur version.

the-reason14

When I first rode it, I was about to cry too. I didnt think it was gonna be like that. I thought it would just take you in a big room( similar to the universe of energy) and shake you, and it would be over. But I like it, its just a different type of thrill.

Would yall say Dinosaur is scarier than Alien Encounter.
cause Ive never been on AE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom