Dinosaur May Open Up Early!!

the_rich

yes dinosaur is definitely scarier. i never thought that AE was scary. I thought it was only a little intense; while dinosaur is very intense.

tztowerofterror

Originally posted by the_rich
yes dinosaur is definitely scarier. i never thought that AE was scary. I thought it was only a little intense; while dinosaur is very intense.

haha...i'm just the opposite. i always thought that ae was the scariest thing ever and dinosaur was tame. it would be awesome if they put some of the "lucky" technology in it, and have instead of that big dino @ the end just lean out at you, it would chase you. now that would be friggin AWESOME! (yeah, yeah i know...that would be super expensive, but still...) :D

Nansafan

In summer of 2000, we were on Dinosaur when the ride stopped and the lights came on. Pretty neat. Dinosaur is cool but nothing compared to DL Indiana Jones ride. That ride is one of the greatest attractions I've ever been on.

shari71

I was hoping to take my daughter on this since we have never seen it and she loves the movie. But after hearing is really scary, I don't think a three year old will understand, she will be close to four the next trip but still have concerns after reading this.

Joy

Shari,
Dinosaur is my favorite WDW ride, but I would not take a 4 year old on it. It is completely dark and you have no idea what's coming and dinosaurs leap out at you. IMO, It is too realistic for a small child. For example, I went on Jaws at Universal with my 4 year old nephew and he was so upset, and Jaws isn't even dark- it's outside.

Definitely ride Dinosaur yourself, you will probably love it (I laugh the whole time, it's just fun!), but leave your daughter with someone else in your party.

Hope this helps!!!:)

dxwwf3

Originally posted by the-reason14
Would yall say Dinosaur is scarier than Alien Encounter.
cause Ive never been on AE.

I would have to say that AE was scarier the first time you saw it. After that I would have to say that AE just became a hillarious, extremely fun experience. IMO, no attraction at the MK was as much "fun" or as entertaining as Alien Encounter (But that's just me).

BTW thanks for rubbing salt in the wound there imagineer99.
:animwink: :animwink: :animwink:

Tarbi

I have been on both version of this ride (CTX and Dinosaur). But they were a year apart and I guess I never noticed the difference. I know that for some reason, everytime I go on the ride, there is one aspect not working. Last time it was the Raptor on the stone, one time it was 'Salty' the Dinosaur. And The flying bird sinosaur type thing never swooped down anymore. But yeah, it is my favourite ride in all four parks! Though can anyone tell me the difference between the two versions please, the more detail the better!!??

the_rich

Originally posted by MKBurn15
AE is SCARY dude!

well i went to disney for the first time in 2003 since 1994. it was the first time i rode both ae and dinosaur. on ae my sister was laughing; on dinosuar she started crying. she was 14 at the time; it takes alot for a 14 year old to cry in public. i'm not saying that ae is bad but it just wasn't scary even on my first time; but dinosaur even scared me. i was 18.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
I've heard a lot of people asking for a description on the rehab and if anybody knows, I would appreciate it too. I also wanted to inquire as to the differences (big and small) in CTX and Dinosaur. Thanks guys

the-reason14

Although I never rode AE I think it would have scared me more than dinosaur does today.

AE you sit down and you feel the effect of something finto grab you and your stapped down in a theater seat.

While dinosaur you can be in the middle and close your eyes and ears and never really be that scared.

DigitalDisney

When I went on it the very first time, AE was the scariest thing I'd ever seen. After a couple more trips on it, it was all fun. Like others here, it quickly became one of my favorite experiences of all time.

CTX didn't scare me like AE did. The only part that is scary is when the Carnotaurus lunges toward your car at the end of the ride.

In the interest of keeping everyone happy, Disney should change the ride name back to CTX (unless there were some copyright violations). Unknowledgable visitors probably think the ride is nice and tame, when it's quite the opposite. It's named after a kids ride, and there aren't a whole lot of indications that the ride is rough, fast, and scary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom