Dinosaur has seen better days

Freshee61

Ugh, it'll truly be heartbreaking to lose Dinosaur. It's one of my favorite attractions on all of WDW property, and will always hold a special place in my heart. But with the entire land falling into ruin, it seems like signs are pointing to a full area replacement.
Ditto! I love dinosaur.. I love the new zootopia and Moana addition but I would hate to see dinosaur go because of a re theme. It’s my favorite ride..

AndyS2992

Rode it a few days ago, everything was seemingly in working order. However the ride seemed a lot faster and thrashier than I remembered. Gave me neck pain for a few hours after.

ctxak98

I don’t think anyone truly understands what we are losing when we lose Dinosaur. Disney is ever going to make a “scary” attraction ever again. We have Tower of Terror, sort of haunted mansion, and maybe Everest if you count that too. Sometimes we need those thrill attractions that add a little more “thrill” to the story. I’m a firm believer they are good for the balance of the park. Losing them would be awful

celluloid

I don’t think anyone truly understands what we are losing when we lose Dinosaur. Disney is ever going to make a “scary” attraction ever again. We have Tower of Terror, sort of haunted mansion, and maybe Everest if you count that too. Sometimes we need those thrill attractions that add a little more “thrill” to the story. I’m a firm believer they are good for the balance of the park. Losing them would be awful

Good point. Pirates of the Caribbean was dark and freaky for the audiences of 1960s. Indy and Dinosaur were a continuation of that in the Disney Decade. Current Disney would likely not do it for many reasons.

It is also the last of the only AA heavy attractions that Animal Kingdom ever got and another one of the many multiple Animatronic attraction dark rides to go away.

WorldExplorer

Beneath this stone lies
Our beloved Dinosaur ride
Up until the bitter end
Stupid parents still would not read the signs

rle4lunch

And hearing loss. I felt like the onboard audio in all of Disneyland, and particularly Indy, were way too loud to be enjoyable.
This was the case this past May on Dinosaur for us as well. Got off the ride with our ears ringing.

Indy is superior in all counts, but is in desperate need of a major refresh. We've rode it twice this year at DL and it's in a sad state. Dinosaur has been in steady decline for a number of years.

We generally hit WdW annually with our DVC points and my son loves DAK, so we've ridden it at least 6 times in the last 24 months (rider swap and FP), and each time the ride gets worse. There has been zero effort to make it better, which makes total sense with what their considering doing.

DisneyfanMA

speaking of, I was watching a walk through of Animal Kingdom because I've never been and getting excited (and I'm a huge dork). The place looks magnificient......except one thing I noticed. In the carnival/fair looking section of Dinoland with all the game booths and triceratops spin ride whats with the parking lines on the ground? Is that on purpose or something? ? Seems like a gross throwing in the towel on their park themeing and attention to detail.

WorldExplorer

speaking of, I was watching a walk through of Animal Kingdom because I've never been and getting excited (and I'm a huge dork). The place looks magnificient......except one thing I noticed. In the carnival/fair looking section of Dinoland with all the game booths and triceratops spin ride whats with the parking lines on the ground? Is that on purpose or something? ? Seems like a gross throwing in the towel on their park themeing and attention to detail.

That's on purpose!

Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama started as just the store, cashing in on the Dino-Institute down the street.

That proved to be hugely successful, so opportunistic Chester and Hester expanded and built a whole park across from the store on land they also owned, which used to be their parking lot.

They didn't remove the lines when they did so.

In other words, Disney actually made a fake parking lot to make the place look cheaper than it is.

Last edited:

corran horn

That's on purpose!

Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama started as just the store, cashing in on the Dino-Institute down the street.

That proved to be hugely successful, so opportunistic Chester and Hester's expanded and built a whole park across from the store on land that also owned, which used to be their parking lot.

They didn't remove the lines when they did so.

In other words, Disney actually made a fake parking lot to make the place look cheaper than it is.
Agreed, lost in the story of that area is it's *supposed* to look cheesy like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom