DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

matt9112

Just rode Jurassic Park at Uni for the first time, followed by Dinosaur a couple of days later.
I was under the impression that JP was the superior ride.
Not even close.
Save for the T-rex at the end of JP, the ride was barren looking and the animatronics were pretty bad.
My whole family actually wound up thinking Dinosaur was better than how we remembered it after riding JP.

At least in JP you can see what's around you. Dinosaur is way too dark I think.

matt9112

As well as the compies that jumped over your time rover immediately following that.

Yup they look ridiculous now...like really bad. But seriously the lack of lighting is my biggest gripe even if it's not dinosaurs that's okay but Jessus some foliage or something I can make out with my eyes. There are portions where it feels like a stationary simulator because of darkness.

bethymouse

End of July through August is not a slow time.

As for the DAK night time/extended hours, its great. But with the attraction down, i'm scratching for things to do while I'm there later. I know its only 1 attraction, but its a big one.
We feel that way about EPCOT and Soarin/Frozen Ever After. We're just skipping EPCOT this trip (June 2-8).:(

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The only things I have against it are ... (b) it pales in comparison to Indy in DL.

I think that's my problem with Dinosaur... I rode Indy first... had I never ridden Indy, I think I would like Dinosaur so much better... and now, when I ride Dinosaur, all I can think is WDW will never have an Indy clone (which I'd be fine with) because they have Dinosaur... possibly a nice investment that to plus the ride would help, but I doubt that will happen in just two months...

radiorae

Ahh, darn. My vacation falls right in the middle of the refurb. Dinosaur scares the living pickles out of me every time I ride, but I still love it. I have a huge soft spot for Dinoland.

Does anyone know the last time it got a lengthy refurb? It sounds like it's needed it for awhile.

Lirael

Everything is closing during my time in September, this is getting really bothersome, i wish they'd plan it so rides like Dinosaur and BTM arent closed together.

If only RoL actually came out to compensate for it...

Tom Morrow

So, since this is basically on the same level of importance as Everest, can we finally put aside the rumor that Disney won't shut down Everest for refurbishment until Avatar opens because Animal Kingdom needs the capacity?

ctxak98

The ride was always meant to be
More on the dark side I believe, sort of leaving a lot up to the imagination. It adds to the overall sense of mystery of what's around the corner and what will pop out next. For a dinosaur ride that's supposed to be a little scary, I think the effect works pretty well. I do think the ride could use a few more plants or trees here and there

Prototype82

It looked like all of Animal Kingdom was getting refurbished and face-lifted except for the actual rides themselves. I was wrong. Stoked for the love this park is getting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom