DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

Cmdr_Crimson

Update: just got off around 6:00ish for my second ride and the alioramus was working! He looked pretty good

I Knew it....
giphy.gif

Luxe

Can anyone confirm if the chase sequence dinosaur was actually moving? It's hard to tell from the video but it looks like they might have turned it into the disco yeti instead. It doesn't look like it was moving but it's hard to say without riding it.

RobotWolf

It looks like a really incredible job. The vortices work great!

Although the lighting at the climax really make carnie #3 look like a head on a stick. But I'll admit that their options are limited there. The climax at Jurassic Park next door has the same issue. (The one in CA doesn't)

But that's just nit-picking. All of it reads so ... differently now. I really cannot stress how much I enjoy seeing changes like this.

Hats off to all involved! Beautiful job!

Musicman20

I loved this ride when I first went on it (2005?).

I went on it again in 2015 - didn't realise there were bits missing and loved it.

Went back this year and it was down for refurb, but looking forward to a return journey in 2017/18...no doubt EE might be down though (I CANNOT MISS EE!)

Calm Down Rover

WOW, all of my expectations have been exceeded! As someone who never got to ride Countdown to Extinction (and whose enjoyment of Dinosaur has always been tinged with a bit of wistfulness for what was) I am thrilled to see that someone at Disney cared enough to restore such long-lost effects.

I have to ask, though... Is it just me, or are the Carnotauruses lit up earlier than they used to be? They always seemed to light up when you were RIGHT next to them, but now they become visible while you are still approaching the figure. Sort of takes the edge off the jumpscares, but thankfully the good far outweighs the bad when it comes to this renovation.

tmthomas52

Is it me, or does the first Carnotaurus also seem to be in better shape :D ?
I'm really happy with how everything looks! Can't wait to experience it in person!

Really hoping this quality remains for another year and a half when ill be there! This is my favorite attraction!

HauntedMansion513

Looks like a great, worthwhile refurbishment. I loved Countdown to Extinction when I first rode in 1999, and then after returning in 2015, I was a bit underwhelmed with the condition it was in. Looks great now though!

Seabasealpha1

Eh...some stuff looked good. I agree...it's going to take an in-person ride to be sure of what's improved and how the ride overall goes...

As for the pterodactyl...I'd almost rather they just remove it all together and put up a moving figure perched somewhere nearby...maybe they could borrow one from UoE whenever it gets it's revamp? Actually...anyone know if any of those dinos would be migratable? Or I suppose they'll be spare parts cadavers for the DL railroad Primeval World Diorama...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Eh...some stuff looked good. I agree...it's going to take an in-person ride to be sure of what's improved and how the ride overall goes...

As for the pterodactyl...I'd almost rather they just remove it all together and put up a moving figure perched somewhere nearby...maybe they could borrow one from UoE whenever it gets it's revamp? Actually...anyone know if any of those dinos would be migratable? Or I suppose they'll be spare parts cadavers for the DL railroad Primeval World Diorama...
Errrr.. The Dino's from energy move no more or are no more stable than the ones in Dinosaur. The pterodactyls hardly do ANYthing.

I love those projections !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom