DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

dreamscometrue

I've always loved Dinosaur, and it looks great to me compared to what it's been most of the years I've been going to WDW. I'm curious to read what those much more knowledgeable about this ride think...at least from the video.

MerlinTheGoat

Looks like it will be difficult to fully see the changes without riding in person. You can spot the new projected dinos though a little over half way through the video, and Iguanadon does have a net projection again. There may be other new projection and digital mapping effects along with lighting tweaks, but it's too difficult to tell from the video. I'll have to ride myself to see.

Sadly there appears to be at least one animatronic that isn't working about 1 minute into the video (the one eating another dino, hoping it wasn't disabled intentionally for the violence). Also hard to tell- not sure if the chasing carno AA is fully working either (could be fine, but the flashing makes it difficult to tell if it's actually moving alongside the vehicle in the video).

Also can't tell whether the pterodactyl swoops at you again either...

The fog and laser effects were already fixed prior to the rehab, unless they broke again.

Last edited:

Luxe

Looks great from the video, other than one animatronic that seems to be turned off. Maybe they forgot to wake him up before reopening...

Liberty6

Looks like it will be difficult to fully see the changes without riding in person. You can spot the new projected dinos though a little over half way through the video, and Iguanadon does have a net projection again. There may be other new projection and digital mapping effects along with lighting tweaks, but it's too difficult to tell from the video. I'll have to ride myself to see.

Sadly there appears to be at least one animatronic that isn't working about 1 minute into the video (the one eating another dino, hoping it wasn't disabled intentionally for the violence). Also hard to tell- not sure if the chasing carno AA is fully working either (could be fine, but the flashing makes it difficult to tell if it's actually moving alongside the vehicle in the video).

Also can't tell whether the pterodactyl swoops at you again either...

The fog and laser effects were already fixed prior to the rehab, unless they broke again.
To my knowledge the pterodactyl will never be functional again due to a small possibility of decapitation for the taller guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom