DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

Rob562

This is the first time in memory that it's had a lengthy shutdown. I know there for a while they were only running one side for some reason, but the longer the better (I hope!)

"One side"? Dinosaur has two Load/Unload platforms but only one ride track.

Are you perhaps thinking of the Primeval Whirl coasters?

-Rob

Disney Analyst

When the yeti gets fixed we'll believe this. I remember in the spring we were blaming refurb extensions on Shanghai. I'm not going to start any conspiracy theories, but it's interesting this is now scheduled to open in time for the busy holiday season. Guess we'll have to see if that happens.

I don't think the yeti has much to do with refurbishment statuses... Clearly this is an internal issue, as referenced in another post. The last thing Disney wants is to postpone opening a popular attraction and cancel fast passes, it is quite the headache.

The point is, multiple refurbishments at once is a good sign. It means despite all the challenges WDW faces, they are at least finally focusing on refurbing attractions, unlike when they allowed nothing to close in the past.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Not going to lie, after lurking this thread for a few weeks & wanting to participate in the conversation super badly, I caved in & made an account :cautious: haha.
My most recent trip was in early May & just as we approached Dinosaur, the cast members were directing people away. I assume it was a mechanical failure that unfortunately made it so that guests had to be evacuated out. It was our last stop before leaving for home, too.
I've been waiting to go back on this ride ever since then! Our next trip is in late October & I was beyond excited to see how this ride was going to be after the refurbishment.
I'm quite saddened that I'll have to miss this ride again in a few weeks. Disappointed frankly, because Dinosaur is my favorite ride.
However, if this new extension of refurbishment makes the ride even better & adds a ton of tiny improvements, then I'm all for it. This ride desperately needs the attention, I hate seeing the AA's in such poor shape at times. I'm looking forward to when the lines are open again for this underrated gem.
Welcome to the forums. Great first post.

It's disappointing when your favourite attraction is down during your visit, but that's the way it goes sometimes. In fact, at any given time, you can pretty much guarantee that someone's favourite ride is out of commission.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip. You seem to have a great attitude.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Mine was changed to Everest. Since I was planning on single rider anyway, I changed the FP+ to Kali River Rapids. I'll bring my poncho. . .

My Dinosaur FP for 10/31 at 10:40am was changed to Primeval Whirl, at 4:25pm. If anyone wants it, it will be available soon. This one's getting changed real quick. :)

AEfx

It means despite all the challenges WDW faces, they are at least finally focusing on refurbing attractions, unlike when they allowed nothing to close in the past.

And when exactly was that? WDW has always had lengthy and/or regularly scheduled refurbs. In the 80's I never got to see 20k because every time I went to WDW it was October when they used to drain it for regular refurbishment.

While the lack of overall attractions in individual parks (unlike, say, Disneyland) certainly is strategically looked at, they have always done so and in periods where it's felt they have done less, it's not about people possibly complaining but about cold hard $ to do the work.

Zipadeelady

Not going to lie, after lurking this thread for a few weeks & wanting to participate in the conversation super badly, I caved in & made an account :cautious: haha.
My most recent trip was in early May & just as we approached Dinosaur, the cast members were directing people away. I assume it was a mechanical failure that unfortunately made it so that guests had to be evacuated out. It was our last stop before leaving for home, too.
I've been waiting to go back on this ride ever since then! Our next trip is in late October & I was beyond excited to see how this ride was going to be after the refurbishment.
I'm quite saddened that I'll have to miss this ride again in a few weeks. Disappointed frankly, because Dinosaur is my favorite ride.
However, if this new extension of refurbishment makes the ride even better & adds a ton of tiny improvements, then I'm all for it. This ride desperately needs the attention, I hate seeing the AA's in such poor shape at times. I'm looking forward to when the lines are open again for this underrated gem.
Love your name!

AEfx

Curious is a software update or change part of this? And for context do most big rehabs see ride software upgraded?

I believe it was an issue here because it's a motion simulator vehicle - they obviously are much more complicated in terms of software. Particularly if they are mucking with the motion profiles, as has been hinted at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom