DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

Figment82

If you want to stay dry on Kali, sit across from me. I swear, I always even up being the one going backwards down the waterfall and getting soaked.

Same with Grizzly River Run at DCA. I joked with my husband beforehand that I was always the one to get drenched and he just laughed it off. True to form, I ended up so wet that I had to go back to the room to change (thank goodness we were staying at Grand Cali!). Getting that wet, to me, isn't that enjoyable. I'd take Splash any day.

Back to the topic at hand, I'd love to see Dinosaur's effects restored to their former glory. It's still a fun ride but it was those little extras that made it special. I know we'all probably never get the jumping Compies back, but the aforementioned Pterodactyl would be amazing! The laser's return was a great step in the right direction, but I'd love to see it pushed even further.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If you want to stay dry on Kali, sit across from me. I swear, I always even up being the one going backwards down the waterfall and getting soaked.

I am ALWAYS the one who gets soaked as well. So what would happen we were both on it at the same time? Both stay dry? lol

MrHappy

RE Kali: On the day I plan on riding, we make it our last ride of the DAK day. We go in our bathing suits and water shoes, then after the ride, we take a soggy walk back to our car (rental) and over to one of the water parks or resort pool.

RE Dino: I doubt the ride system gets toned-down, but I think my kids wouldn't mind the bumping around more or less. It's the darkness combined with the loud and jolting noises that would get them.

KINGLOUIS1993

You can walk off Kali somewhat dry, but it's arbitrary. Popeye and Bluto's doesn't discriminate, everyone gets soaked.

I don't know how possible it is to extend a flume, but in a perfect world for "plussing" DAK I'd love to see them extend the flume (possibly by going straight after the lift hill and then reconnecting after a second lift hill). If they are actually enhancing Dinosaur as well they're positioning the other attractions in the park to help with capacity/demand needs when Avatar opens.

Of course the real need is fixing the yeti, but I'm not holding my breath.

Popeye and Bluto's was created by Satan.

Cmdr_Crimson

They finally decided to replace the Carnotaurus with the "not the mama" baby.
giphy.gif

Grazia

Grumble... I guess I'll be getting a FP+ cancellation notice in the near future.

-Rob
I just got an email for OCT 21. "Your Fastpass selection for DINOSAUR is no longer available. As a replacement, a new selection was made for Primeval Whirl" :arghh: :cry:

CJR

I've seen several reports now of people's fastpasses being changed now. This seems to be true.

Indeed they are. We had one for the 21st that got changed to Everest, which we already have one for. Darn, I have to ride EE twice.

I got lucky because if it was for any other attraction, I would cancel all of them and bump it to a different park.

HM Spectre

Yep, my FastPass for Dinosaur just got cancelled. So we have to book these vacations at least half a year to a year in advance and FP+ 60 days out but they can push a refurb back a month on 7 days notice after already pushing it back once? Seems reasonable.

Whatever happened to setting a deadline and hitting it? This delay pretty much doubles the original 2 month target...

Wouldn't be so bad if the alternatives weren't laughably easy walk up lines or repeats. Avatar cannot come soon enough...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom