DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

ctxak98

I just watched both. Japan's T-Rex displays much more motion than the first Carnotaurus and is incredibly fluid. You're just blind. The floating T-Rex is in Hollywood btw.

Considering Universal confirmed him to be 30ft tall he's much more than just a head. Have you been on Mummy? The first Imhotep is pretty impressive.

This whole thing has been about comparisons between AA Dinosaurs.
Someone mentioned the yeti. Idk where a few pages back possibly. Still think you are wrong though. We can agree to disagree. JPRA sculpts alone, make them look less real or lifelike. The t-Rex comes off cartoonish IMO

ctxak98

You must've missed my point. He does move more yes. But the movement is completely unrealistic and robotic. And as for Kong, you can bow to him all you want but the truth is we don't know anything. We know 30ft. But we don't know of what. And the mummy AA is hilariously fake. There's a difference between fast and realistic. Jack sparrow moves around lightning fast but it looks natural. Not like a puppet being thrown around.
Yes! Finally someone gets what I mean! It's not realistic! Fast is not realistic!

Mike S

It's just like the Jurassic world creature technology "animatronics", they move fast but it's frankly unrealistic. Although I find the floppy tounge very entertaining :rolleyes:
So fast is unrealistic now? Lol. Also, how about that Carnotaur's floppy neck skin? ;)
I still stand by what I said. Take a look at the first Carnatarus in that POV I sent. He's not as big as the one in Japan but man is he fast and fluid. The JP animatronics are well done, just not as fluid. Pretty clunky. Especially the magical floating trex in Orlando.

Last edited:

sonoma15

IMO the dinosaurs in JPRA are better than the ones in dinosaur, it's not even fair to compare them to dinosaur because in dinosaur they are in the dark. Put the dinosaur animatronics in the light and you will see how clunky and unrealistic they look.

KingOfEpicocity

IMO the dinosaurs in JPRA are better than the ones in dinosaur, it's not even fair to compare them to dinosaur because in dinosaur they are in the dark. Put the dinosaur animatronics in the light and you will see how clunky and unrealistic they look.

I disagree. Just look at the low lights. It just makes it look even better.

Pirate665

Obviously they are making the ride worse, why else would they refurb it?

The amount of downtime is consistent with minor fixes and maybe an update here and there. Repairing all the AA's would take significant time and budget. We might get lucky and they repair some AA's back to moving, but don't count on it. And as for major show effects, I wouldn't count on those either.

One of the biggest problems now and days facing these refurbs is budget. I'm sure there's those who would love to give it a full restore and have everything working again, but budget these days is very controlled.

If I could have it my way, I'd just revert the darn thing back to CTE and call it a day. I pointed out to the kids the other day that the ride is centred around getting the iguanodon because of the tie in with Dinosaur. They hadn't even heard of the movie and when I showed it to them, they really didn't care for it. CTE was fast paced, exciting, and really well done. The way the ride is today... well, this refurb will be nice and needed to refresh some things, but I don't really see them putting a whole lot into show again.

I'm sure if The Good Dinosaur had done better, than the ride would get a bit more love. But not right now.

KingOfEpicocity

The amount of downtime is consistent with minor fixes and maybe an update here and there. Repairing all the AA's would take significant time and budget. We might get lucky and they repair some AA's back to moving, but don't count on it. And as for major show effects, I wouldn't count on those either.

One of the biggest problems now and days facing these refurbs is budget. I'm sure there's those who would love to give it a full restore and have everything working again, but budget these days is very controlled.

If I could have it my way, I'd just revert the darn thing back to CTE and call it a day. I pointed out to the kids the other day that the ride is centred around getting the iguanodon because of the tie in with Dinosaur. They hadn't even heard of the movie and when I showed it to them, they really didn't care for it. CTE was fast paced, exciting, and really well done. The way the ride is today... well, this refurb will be nice and needed to refresh some things, but I don't really see them putting a whole lot into show again.

I'm sure if The Good Dinosaur had done better, than the ride would get a bit more love. But not right now.

You make it sound like CTE was TOTALLY different. It really was just many more effects. Not much has changed really. The animatronics are t as fluid as they used to be but the Carnataruses are very well kept. They've worked on the first one and the saropad recently. I'm guessing this is for more drastic changes.

Pirate665

You make it sound like CTE was TOTALLY different. It really was just many more effects. Not much has changed really. The animatronics are t as fluid as they used to be but the Carnataruses are very well kept. They've worked on the first one and the saropad recently. I'm guessing this is for more drastic changes.

More concentrating on story, not effects. The plot of getting the dino seems to drag things down for me and like I mentioned, the kids had no clue other than it was fun throwing around in the dark. And yes, the Carno's are well kept well-ish (last time I went a couple of weeks ago, Chase wasn't working) but I'd like to see alot more of effects return and alot more of the AA's get some love again.

Let's all just hope this is going to be a great Refurb and return an attraction back to a guests must see.

FigmentJedi

More concentrating on story, not effects. The plot of getting the dino seems to drag things down for me and like I mentioned, the kids had no clue other than it was fun throwing around in the dark. And yes, the Carno's are well kept well-ish (last time I went a couple of weeks ago, Chase wasn't working) but I'd like to see alot more of effects return and alot more of the AA's get some love again.

Let's all just hope this is going to be a great Refurb and return an attraction back to a guests must see.
Getting the Iguanodon has always been the plot of the ride, even in the CTX days. That Aladar animation in the preshow has been there since day one.

ctxak98

So fast is unrealistic now? Lol. Also, how about that Carnotaur's floppy neck skin? ;)
Dinosaurs, much like lizards, would have that floppy neck skin. It might not move that aggressively but it would be there.

Not to keep going with this outrageously dumb argument, but most of JPRA t-Rex have like a sheet for its neck. It's laughable!

KingOfEpicocity

Getting the Iguanodon has always been the plot of the ride, even in the CTX days. That Aladar animation in the preshow has been there since day one.

That's what I thought. I thought most of the changes have been effects being turned off. Nothing story wise. Except of course the narration changing.

invader

Yeah, if I remember correctly there was only one other narration and it didn't even make it past previews. Iguanodon chase has been there since nearly day one.

FigmentJedi

That's what I thought. I thought most of the changes have been effects being turned off. Nothing story wise. Except of course the narration changing.
Yeah, the main part of the switchover amounted to taming down the motion base programming during parts like the "EVASIVE MANUEVERS" and altering narration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom