Dinner Reservations

tmcherok

Original Poster
Hey guys, I don't post very often, but I love to read everything you guys have to say. You guys are the best people for Disney knowledge anywhere! Anyways, I have a question. I just booked a week stay at Pop for September 16-22 with the dinner plan, and I wanted to know how likely I am to get any good reservations when I call tomorrow morning.

tigsmom

It really all depends on where you want to eat. Some places are more popular than others. Have a list of restaurants, days and times ready, but be willing to change things around.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hey guys, I don't post very often, but I love to read everything you guys have to say. You guys are the best people for Disney knowledge anywhere! Anyways, I have a question. I just booked a week stay at Pop for September 16-22 with the dinner plan, and I wanted to know how likely I am to get any good reservations when I call tomorrow morning.
You should be OK with the majority of places, you might not get the exact times you want, but there should be openings. Unfortunately, places like Le Cellier or the California Grill will likely be booked solid. Though it never hurts to ask and if you don't get in, call back every week or two to see if anything has opened up.

Even if you don't get certain restaurants, you can try again while you're there, some people book ridiculous extra TS ADRs and then decide which ones they'll actually use once they're there. If they have any shred of decency :lookaroun they'll at least call and cancel the ones they choose not to use.

MaXXimus

Well I just planned my trip in November and placed my reservations 2 months ago and didnt have a single problem with places or times... including Le Cellier.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well I just planned my trip in November and placed my reservations 2 months ago and didnt have a single problem with places or times... including Le Cellier.
I'm confused... assuming your check-in is 1 November, the 180-day window for making ADRs starts on 5 May... How did you make reservations two months ago? :veryconfu

ThinkTink721

Book Now!

Call ASAP!
We are going to Pop Sept. 8 - Sept. 16 & when we called to book dining reservations at the beginning of May, some were already booked up!
:)

Pooh88

I got all my reservations for October and called over a week ago. Only one time (Coral Reef) I had to compromise on. That should be a slow time and if you call early you should be good.

frankd1962

I did my call for my ADR at the 180 day mark and got all the places I wanted and the times I wanted. But the lady that was taking my ADR did suggest (and I followed it) to push my reservation at Rose & Crown from the 6p I wanted to 8pm so I can sit and watch Illuminations from there.

So I hope you get the ones you want and if they have a better idea for you I say take it.

Mickey&Minnie

We are going to be there Sept.13-23. We have already made our dinner reservations but didnt have much trouble at all. However we made them the day that free dining was offered and were one of the first callers for the day. We had all of our restaurants written down and the times that we wanted. We did have to make a few changes but were able to get into Le Cellier twice. My husband was very excited. We were also able to get into Cinderella's Castlle. It may be a little difficult getting restaurants because of the free dining promotion but I hope you are able to get into the places that you really want.
Let us know what reservations you are able to get.

MinnieMommy

We're going to be there from Sept. 17th - 24th. The trip came up last minute (Well, last minute for a planning nut like me), so I didn't book our dining until Friday (May 11). We got everything we wanted and some ressies were for parties of 8. Even got in at Le Cellier with a table for 8. Have your dates and lists ready with the times you'd like, then be flexible!! For example, Le Cellier we scheduled for lunch. Good Luck and let us know how it went!! I'm getting hungry just writing this post! :slurp:

kennyj29

Just make your reservations ASAP as last year when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, there was an older couple who couldn't get ANY reservations and ended up eating at Whispering Canyone EVERY night and only because they were extremely nice there and let them eat every night with out reservations. I would HATE for that to happen with my group and I'm assuming the same with yours.

dixiegirl

If there is a place you really want go and either when you do call its booked up or you can't get the time you'd like or around it, keep calling like every couple of days....either (hopefully) something will open up i(if someone is nice enough to call and cancel a time that did'nt end up working for them ) or maybe when you go down for your trip ask then as well....I called monday of last week for Liberty Tree tavern for the nite of MNSSHP and they had nothing, I called friday of same week I got in at 6:30 perfect... So keep trying!!!!

2excitedkids

i am still trying to get a ressie at ohana's for sept 23rd for dinner, nothing now but when i called 6 weeks ago, the earliest they had was 8:45 which is too late for my little ones. i keep calling every few days but no luck so far, so if anyone on here has booked double ressies for that day i think you need to cancel your ohana's reservation:lol:

Aurora23

i am still trying to get a ressie at ohana's for sept 23rd for dinner, nothing now but when i called 6 weeks ago, the earliest they had was 8:45 which is too late for my little ones. i keep calling every few days but no luck so far, so if anyone on here has booked double ressies for that day i think you need to cancel your ohana's reservation:lol:

Nope! It's my 18th wedding anniversary and we have ressies for 6:30pm. And you can't have it!:ROFLOL:

Pooh88

Bravo for knowing it is too late for your little guys. Been to too many late dinners rez's with little ones falling asleep in their mac n' cheese (literally) or on the floor because mom & dad wanted to eat somewhere.:snore:

shanny

as disappointed as i am that we didnt get free dining (boo!)(but because we are going right before) im glad, because it wont be as difficult to get into restuarants! we just got our ressies and v&a for 8/22 at 730 and i am soooo excited!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :hammer:

we are also trying for boma (should be no prob), and jiko (staying at akl), and maybe ohanas. any other suggestions? we will have extra TS credits, so signature dining is ok too :) we are eating offsite 2 nights, and v&a one. thanx guys, youre all the best! :D

JikoMarie

as disappointed as i am that we didnt get free dining (boo!)(but because we are going right before) im glad, because it wont be as difficult to get into restuarants! we just got our ressies and v&a for 8/22 at 730 and i am soooo excited!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :hammer:

we are also trying for boma (should be no prob), and jiko (staying at akl), and maybe ohanas. any other suggestions? we will have extra TS credits, so signature dining is ok too :) we are eating offsite 2 nights, and v&a one. thanx guys, youre all the best! :D

What about California Grill? I know that's one that we are looking forward to.

tmcherok

Original Poster
Thanks for your thoughts. I finally made time to call and got Cindys for Lunch on Sept. 18. They were all booked for dinner for our whole trip. Cali Grill at 8 on the 19th, just in time for Wishes! and we got Teppanyaki, Rainforest, Hollywood and Vine for the rest. I couldn't get Le Cellier or Coral Reef, so I will have to keeping trying!

Edit: I called back today and I got a lunch ressie for Le Cellier on the 22nd, which is our last day there! Save the best for last!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom