Dining Suggestions on Disney meal plan?

mwoates

We are on the meal plan for our trip to Disney and would like to make the most out of our meals...We have one table meal per night...Any suggestions on the best (and more expensive) restaurants in Disney we can go to on the meal plan? Thanks...

fers31

I hope you're not talking about Free Dining otherwise you won't be eating anywhere as you had to book months ago. I honestly hope it's for a later time.

Upvote 0

mwoates

Original Poster
no, not free dining

no I am not talking about free dining. I'm talking about the dining package you buy as part of your vacation!

Upvote 0

coltow

So many to pick from. Our family's motto is that DDP works best to your advantage if you use the TS credits for dinners. We made out very good at Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Ohana and Cape May. Character meals are another great way to get your money's worth. I hope if you're going soon you've already made some ADRs or you may be out of luck.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

When we purchased DDP last year, we did 2 breakfasts and 4 dinners...and it worked out very nice.

I would suggest Liberty Tree Tavern dinner...food is amazing, and atmosphere is so cozy. We also liked the Coral Reef, and Planet Hollywood. Le'Cellier is one of the best, but is also very hard to get...so you should def try to get in there. Chef Mickeys for breakfast was our favorite...huge selection, and great characters! And we also went to O'hana at the Poly for breakfast, which is my all time favorite dining spot.

Upvote 0

Pirate-Mom

Hopefully your trip is 180 days out or more so you can call and get the ADRs you want. If not, you might have to take what's available.

When we're on the dining plan we like to use our credits for dinners, although we've experimented with using them for breakfasts, lunches, and 2-meal restaurants. One down-side to being on the dining plan is that dinners take up so much of your valuable time in the parks. We try to do a few buffets during the week since these tend to take less time than those where you order off the menu. Some of our favorite restaurants are Le Cellier, Boma, Kona, and Teppan Edo, but we like to try some new ones each time. We'll be trying Ohana, Coral Reef, and Yak and Yeti when we're there in 13 DAYS!

Upvote 0

kitten2299

some more info would be helpful about what you like. are you traveling with kids, boys or girls? are you thinking of character meals or more adult meals? there are so many wonderful places to eat but no matter how expensive the meal is if you dont like that kind of food or atmosphere its not worth the money you spend on the dining plan.

Upvote 0

mwoates

Original Poster
More Info

I am traveling with 2 girls, would like to avoid character meals...My husband and I like places with nice atmosphere, and the girls are well behaved at the table. We have already done Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Cinderella Castle.
I was thinking but I don't know much about Tusker House, Oahu, Liberty Tree Tavern, and someplace at Hollywood Studios....Any suggestions welcome.

Upvote 0

kitten2299

I really enjoyed Marrakesh and so did my 4 yr old daughter she was picked to dance with the bellydancer. Brown Derby at DHS is nice it cost 2 table credits. Did you want to try places you haven't eaten at yet? Cinderella's for dinner doesnt have the characters. Boma at AK lodge is a nice buffet. I suggest going on to allearsnet.com and look at the menus to see what they have to eat that you and your girls will like and they show the prices. hope that helps alittle! have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I was going to say Le Cellier but it looks like you've already been..so...my votes for bang for your buck:

Ohana - Family style Polynesian grilled deliciousness :slurp:
Cape May - Seafood (especially clams and mussels) awesomeness. Plus some other non-seafood good stuff :animwink:

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

I am traveling with 2 girls, would like to avoid character meals...My husband and I like places with nice atmosphere, and the girls are well behaved at the table. We have already done Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Cinderella Castle.
I was thinking but I don't know much about Tusker House, Oahu, Liberty Tree Tavern, and someplace at Hollywood Studios....Any suggestions welcome.

No, No, No Tusker house. We just had dinner there and it was awful, and love trying new things. There was nothing my kids would eat.

Upvote 0

November Girl

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. Vey entertaining, and the all-you-can-eat skillet is full of great smoked and bbq foods.

California Grill is double credits, but worth it if you order a filet or high end seafood, and then get to view the fireworks on the roof of the Contemporary.

Have fun---:wave:

Upvote 0

daverube

The best meal we've had at WDW was at the California Grill.

The meal costs 2 credits per person, but it was FANTASTIC.

If you choose to go, here's a suggestion:

Choose the 5 course cheese pairing and use one of your dessert options to pay for it. You get SO MUCH FOOD between the cheese and the dinner that splitting a dessert at the end of the meal keeps you from feeling like you're going to roll around the elevator on the ride down!!

my 2 cents....

dave

Upvote 0

RussJT

If you have never been there I would suggest Boma. The food is different that just about anything else you would experience while in Disney. Also it would give you a chance to see the Animal Kingom Lodge if you have never seen it.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

So many restaurants...so little time.

Our favorites are Chef Mickey's, 'OHana's, Whispering Canyon (ask for ketchsup and a root beer) and Le Celier. Crystal Palace, Kona Cafe and San Angel Inn are also very good. Boma is good, but has some very unique flavors...not sure your girls will like it. My son did not but if you do go...you must have a zebra dome!!!!

Great, now the pregnant woman is hungry!!

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

I wish the zebra domes could travel.....then I'd bring some home!

Some of our favorites: O'Hana breakfast or dinner (Breakfast has characters). I just love their dinner....was just daydreaming about the honey coriander chicken wings.....

Whispering Canyon Cafe is so much fun and good food

Kona Cafe for dinner. Food and service were fantastic....can be a bit noisy with nearby O'Hana's.

Biergarten is fun and a great meal if you like German.

We are trying a few new places this trip. Looking forward to trying Yak and Yeti as I have heard really good things. Needed a good sit-down at AK.

Sorry, no high recomendations for DHS...I have yet to find one we all enjoyed. I really liked the 50's Prime Time, DH not so much. Brown Derby is not worth 2 credits IMHO.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom