Dining suggestions for a group of 10...

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone had any dining suggestions for a group of 10 people. Ages 17 - 53 and all of us will be on the dining plan...

Also my husbands 28th birthday will be happening when we are in WDW any suggestions???

We call for another 182 days... but it is never too early to start planning. We will be there January 19 - 25, 2009 :)

Thanks guys!!!

Pioneer Hall

I think things with a good atmosphere would be the meals to aim for. Ohana, Whispering Canyon, 50's Primetime, and any of the character meals should be a good experience.

davinakb

With the size of the party and the wide range of ages, you may want to look at a few of the buffets like Boma (may be easier to sit together, variety of food to appeal to everyone). You may also want to look at your park schedule, plan around those days, and consider "odd" times like the last lunch or earliest dinner seating so that you can get your group of 10 together (or at neighboring tables). FWIW.

coltow

We are a party of 17 and plan to eat together most nights. We have chosen Ohana, Hollywood & Vine, Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier, Cape May Cafe, Coral Reef, Crystal Palace and CRT all for dinner. I have also been to Chef Mickey's 1900 Park Fare and Whispering Canyon and they too are good for groups.

disney21

When my family went this past July we were a party of 17, and had no problems eating anywhere... heres we ate...

Chef Mickey's : 3 tables all next to eachother in a corner
Liberty Tree Tavern: one giant table
Rose & Crown Pub: 3 tables all next to eachother outside. (my favorite)!!!
Sc-Fi : 3 cars side by side.
50's Prime Time: same little room ,2tables
Ohana': One long table
Whispering Canyon: 2 tables
The only place we weren't so close was at Spoodles, but i think with a party of only 10 you would be just fine.

WickedQueen22

We have a group of 15 and still growing... here's what I have found to work by many annoying phone calls the lovely ladies of Disney Dining :ROFLOL::

O'hanas
Chef Mickey's
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci Fi Dine In (ask for cars adjoining)
Pizzafari in AK isn't a sit down but the larger dining rooms make table moving easier.
You could also look into the Grand Gathering meals especially if you do the dining plan.

Happy Planning!!

slappy magoo

I second the idea of doing buffets as often as possible. It's hard to find individual restaurants that have something that appeals to everyone and buffets relieve much of that guesswork.

Ohana's isn't actually buffet - it's all-you-can-eat served family-style (the food is brought to you and after a first pass they'll keep bringing whatever you want) but I always enjoy it.

Boma is a must-do on all of our trips. Jiko would be great for an upscale night or a special night like a birthday. And speaking of brithdays, you CAN order ahead and have a birthday cake waiting. Not sure if 407 WDW DINE is the number to call, but if not they'd be able to give you the number to call for Special Orders.

Finally, you might want to consider some of the restaurants in out-of-the-way resorts, if only because it'll probably be easier to seat large parties in 'em (granted, I could be wrong about that on any given night). I"m thinking Olivia's at OKW or Turf Club at Saratoga, maybe Boatwright's @ PO-R though that tends to be quite popular because the resort is so damn big and gets runoff from POFQ, too.

If you wanted to use 2 table credits for a Signature Dining Experience, I always recommend balancing it out with the buffet at Fort Wilderness. THe food isn't awesome, but it's pretty darn good, and the price is the closest thing to a "value" you'll find anywhere for a full meal in WDW :D Pay for that out of pocket, and you have the extra credit for the fancy meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom