Dining Reservations

jmuboy

So is Alfresco Terrace separate from the lounge inside Carthay? Or do I need a need a Alfresco reservation to sit at the bar inside

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I have never eaten at Blue Bayou. What type of food does the menu consist of? Like is it worth eating there or is it food I can already get at French Market or Cafe Orleans?

Sailor310

Café Orleans has some of the BB menu items. It's ok if you sit outdoors-watching the Mark Twain and the world go by.

I totally agree that you go to BB for the atmosphere. I've had beef there once that I thought was a steak but had a weird texture.
That said, they have great service. I went once by myself. Sitting outdoors in Louisiana on an old mansion's patio on a summer's evening, Japanese lanterns, watching the POC boats go by in the dark, the fake clouds and moon being projected on the domed ceiling, fake lightning bugs...I had a great waitress, pretty good salad, nice hot rolls, a pretty good steak, really good scalloped potatoes, a great crème brulee and mint julep. It was a lovely experience.

French Market is one of my favorites. Quick. Good Nawlins' food. Pre-covid, there was often a Dixieland quartet playing on their little stage. You can walk twenty steps and get a bag of hot beignets for dessert. (However, you get covered with powdered sugar).

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Hello everyone! Just popping in to see if anyone has a good handle on the current state of dining reservations. Specifically what time of the day reservations are being released here on the west coast for the Disneyland resort. Thanks in advance!

waltography

Hello everyone! Just popping in to see if anyone has a good handle on the current state of dining reservations. Specifically what time of the day reservations are being released here on the west coast for the Disneyland resort. Thanks in advance!
Last I heard, it's still 3am PT 60 days in advance, unfortunately. And even then, many locations drop their reservations inconsistently so you're never really sure when they drop.

CaptinEO

Last I heard, it's still 3am PT 60 days in advance, unfortunately. And even then, many locations drop their reservations inconsistently so you're never really sure when they drop.
I signed up for a dining alert service (mouse dining) to text me when certain restaraunts became available for when I visited in December. It's the only way to get reservations now as Disney is so inconsistent.

Curious Constance

Inconsistent is sure accurate. I’ve looked the last two days and 6am is when actual reservations have popped up for a new day. (Or slightly after 6am). The new day shows up at midnight and looks like you should be able to make reservations for the day, but it just gives you an error when looking for available reservations until 6am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom