Dining Reservations - 180 Days out..................

CAPTAIN HOOK

and we got all the ADRs booked for our 10 day trip, at all the restaurants we wanted AND within the 1 hour time slot that we wanted to dine :sohappy::xmas::sohappy:

I was having nightmares expecting to have to re shuffle the schedules just so we could eat. Not necessary, its all done and everyones happy.

Only downside was a 40 minute phone call from the UK - seems like everyone wanted to book for Christmas Day - we were on hold for 15 minutes at the start

Cinderella1976

I am glad to hear that you got all the places you wanted at the times you wanted. I didn't get everything I wanted, but I got most of them and I am not giving up hope yet. Hope you have a great trip :wave:

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

and we got all the ADRs booked for our 10 day trip, at all the restaurants we wanted AND within the 1 hour time slot that we wanted to dine :sohappy::xmas::sohappy:

I was having nightmares expecting to have to re shuffle the schedules just so we could eat. Not necessary, its all done and everyones happy.

Only downside was a 40 minute phone call from the UK - seems like everyone wanted to book for Christmas Day - we were on hold for 15 minutes at the start

I'm so thrilled for you that you got all the restaurants you wanted. It always makes me happy when there is good news on the reservation front because so many people get so disappointed when it doesn't work out and they have to rearrange schedules and so on! Good for you!

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

:sohappy: So happy for ya! Love it when things work out. You did better than we did, we got everything but we had to take a little earlier times at some places.

Upvote 0

NWDMD

Way to go! I just made my reservations 2 days ago. I was also on hold for an extra-long time too! In fact the first time I called I waited and waited and finally the line just said (Press 1 to participate in our survey or hang up now):veryconfu This was BEFORE I had talked to anyone. So I hung up and called again and finally got through to a person. I can't wait for Le Cellier! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bgoebel

Cap'n Hook, congrats on getting all ADR's!! We are supposedly going during the slower time of christmas (Dec. 11-15th) -all tourbooks including my favorite"unofficial guide" say it's slower the first two weeks of December yet we had trouble making our ADR's for a party of 8. Guess it's the party of 8 that's throwing them>We did get 2 tables of 4 for ALL places and ALL times we need (considering nap times for the little ones, etc.). What ADR are you most excited about Capn'???

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Good for you! We made ours 2 weeks ago and got everything we wanted, too, but it looks like I'm going to have change my Garden Grill character lunch as I've read it's being discontinued in October. Going to try for the Princess Dinner on the same day - hope Pam @ KK can work her Disney magic!

Edit: Called this morning (didn't want to wait until Monday, after all), and was able to switch my now non-character Garden Grill reservation to the Princess dinner at Norway, which will actually work out better for us. We wer already seeing Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale at 2 other dinners, so this will give my niece something special for her. Her brother can just be a man and get his picture taken with all the pretty girls!!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
:sohappy: So happy for ya! Love it when things work out. You did better than we did, we got everything but we had to take a little earlier times at some places.

Getting the places was most important for us (we have a rather picky eater and are quite restricted in our selection). We were quite flexible with our time slots and it payed off - big style. Now, all we need to do is buy our park tickets, save up to pay for it all ............................. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Isn't it great when that part of your trip is all planned!?! Glad you got what you wanted. I called at my 180 day mark for my Sept. trip and got everything I wanted as well... but then my parents decided to join us and of course I had to change a few ADRs! We still got what we wanted for the most part, though!

Now comes the countdown...:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Cap'n Hook, congrats on getting all ADR's!! We are supposedly going during the slower time of christmas (Dec. 11-15th) -all tourbooks including my favorite"unofficial guide" say it's slower the first two weeks of December yet we had trouble making our ADR's for a party of 8. Guess it's the party of 8 that's throwing them>We did get 2 tables of 4 for ALL places and ALL times we need (considering nap times for the little ones, etc.). What ADR are you most excited about Capn'???

I agree, we are going Dec 7-14th and I thought the same thing and I was surprised that I couldn't get some of the places I wanted and believe me I called at 7:00 AM at my 180 day mark. For the past two years we went the first week of December and I was lucky enough to get every ADR I was hoping for and at the time I wanted.

Upvote 0

bgoebel

I agree, we are going Dec 7-14th and I thought the same thing and I was surprised that I couldn't get some of the places I wanted and believe me I called at 7:00 AM at my 180 day mark. For the past two years we went the first week of December and I was lucky enough to get every ADR I was hoping for and at the time I wanted.

Cinderella- I know we're traveling with 8 and it can be tough but I went last June (busier time of year) and got every reservation (for same number of people). I'm just wondering if they run a smaller crew of people before the holiday rush and can't accomodate but I'm wondering what the issue is. How many were you booking for (large number would account for the problem. When you've gone before in December are the parks relatively slower then summer months?? I noticed your staying at GF. We'll be there for Dinner with Cinderella at Park Fare :)

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Cinderella- I know we're traveling with 8 and it can be tough but I went last June (busier time of year) and got every reservation (for same number of people). I'm just wondering if they run a smaller crew of people before the holiday rush and can't accomodate but I'm wondering what the issue is. How many were you booking for (large number would account for the problem. When you've gone before in December are the parks relatively slower then summer months?? I noticed your staying at GF. We'll be there for Dinner with Cinderella at Park Fare :)

I was trying to book for a party of five. I really wanted Ohana's for breakfast and Le Cellier for either dinner or lunch on my birthday (12/10). I definately think that parks were slower than the summer months and it was much more enjoyable because the weather was so much better. I can handle the crowds / lines better when it is cooler - lol!! It is my favorite time of year to visit. This year is the first time we are going the second week in December. I love 1900 Park Fare for dinner ~ we are eating there also for my daugher's birthday. Have a great trip :wave:

Upvote 0

beanbunny

I was shocked - called Saturday 7:00 am on the 180 mark (we arrive Dec. 26) during peak holiday season & was able to book all of our ressies for the 6 of us. Plus all of the ressies are within 10 minutes of what we wanted - including LeCellier!!!!! Can hardly wait! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Hook

That Christmas New Years time does not have to be as horrible as most say it is if you plan ahead, like you have clearly done. We've been down several times during that period, and it is crowded, but it's a great trip when you put even just a little planning into it. The folks that hate it are the ones who show up and say "I'm here, now what?!"

Good for you, have a fun vacation down there for Christmas time. :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom