Dining reopening news *(more reopening dates added on 8/4/21)*

Curious Constance

Thank you so much - that was so helpful! Okay, definitely going to hold off until characters come back for Goofy's then (and hopefully the kitchen gets back up to speed)!

Eagerly awaiting your brunch thoughts! :)
We had a nice time at Storytellers brunch. Definitely different than what we are used to with the characters (they more walk by and wave now and don’t really pose for selfie pics much, if at all either) but it was still fun. And the food was pretty solid too. I’d go there again. :)

waltography

Dining at the parks has been so nice the past few weeks; wherever we couldn't get reservations, we joined the walk-up list with no problem and did a ride or two before heading back. Will be missing this when Magic Keys inevitably start crowding the place again.

MagicWDI

We ended up doing Trader Sam's on Wednesday, August 18th and it was very fun! I originally wanted to do it on the 15th, which is my fiancee's actual birthday and a day our best friend could join is, but I couldn't get a reservation for the life of me! But Wednesday worked just fine and a first for the both of us visiting Trader Sam's.

We are newcomers to the tiki bar scene since we visited the Golden Tiki in Las Vegas this last June, and now aim to visit as many as we can! Trader Sam's fits right in with our new list!

MarvelCharacterNerd

We had a nice time at Storytellers brunch. Definitely different than what we are used to with the characters (they more walk by and wave now and don’t really pose for selfie pics much, if at all either) but it was still fun. And the food was pretty solid too. I’d go there again. :)
Did you have an earlier or later seating? Did you feel rushed to eat?

I'm going to probably keep this brunch reservation (and drop Goofy's if the characters don't return by my reservation date), but I'm curious about the pacing and service since I have a later-end reservation.

Anything you ate that I shouldn't miss? :)

Curious Constance

Did you have an earlier or later seating? Did you feel rushed to eat?

I'm going to probably keep this brunch reservation (and drop Goofy's if the characters don't return by my reservation date), but I'm curious about the pacing and service since I have a later-end reservation.

Anything you ate that I shouldn't miss? :)
We ate at 11:45. We originally had a reservation for 1pm, but I kept watching the app and the 11:45 opened up so I grabbed that. We didn’t feel rushed at all. They had the buffet and then a handful of things that you could have them put an order in and bring to you. Like chicken tenders and beignets bites etc. I’m sure even if you eat later they won’t rush you. I wouldn’t worry about that :)

MarvelCharacterNerd

We ate at 11:45. We originally had a reservation for 1pm, but I kept watching the app and the 11:45 opened up so I grabbed that. We didn’t feel rushed at all. They had the buffet and then a handful of things that you could have them put an order in and bring to you. Like chicken tenders and beignets bites etc. I’m sure even if you eat later they won’t rush you. I wouldn’t worry about that :)
Thank you - that's reassuring. I have a 1pm but will keep an eye out for something earlier!

Stevek

Just putting in another plug for Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace. Skippers are working their tails off, still trying to get back on their feet after being off for a year. Go out and support them if you have a chance. You won't find a better group of tenders anywhere in the resort.

sams 1.jpg
sams 3.jpg
sams 4.jpg
sams 2.jpg

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Just putting in another plug for Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace. Skippers are working their tails off, still trying to get back on their feet after being off for a year. Go out and support them if you have a chance. You won't find a better group of tenders anywhere in the resort.

Just made a reservation (at 3am this morning...what on earth is this system...) for Trader Sam's 60 days from now. Never been before; it looks awesome. Big fan of LA's tiki bars (Tiki-Ti, Tonga Hut, Clifton's). Is there a signature tiki drink at Trader Sam's you'd recommend?

Stevek

Just made a reservation (at 3am this morning...what on earth is this system...) for Trader Sam's 60 days from now. Never been before; it looks awesome. Big fan of LA's tiki bars (Tiki-Ti, Tonga Hut, Clifton's). Is there a signature tiki drink at Trader Sam's you'd recommend?
My favorite is the Krakatoa, comes with a glow plastic cube...I've got about 50 of those cubes if that's any indication. The only drink I didn't like was the Angolada, actually sent it back. Pretty wide range for different tastes...Krakatoa is probably sweeter but not overly sweet. Other drinks are more tart and they have a very popular Zombie.

Stevek

Before or after Sam's, the Tangaroa Terrace has pretty good food. The terrace has a nice atmosphere for hanging out and they serve Dole Whip!
90% of the time, we sit at the Tangaroa Terrace bar outside. Seats aren't reserved and we have gotten lucky the last few times as people are getting up, we grab their seats. FYI, both Tangaroa and Sam's serve the same food.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

My favorite is the Krakatoa, comes with a glow plastic cube...I've got about 50 of those cubes if that's any indication. The only drink I didn't like was the Angolada, actually sent it back. Pretty wide range for different tastes...Krakatoa is probably sweeter but not overly sweet. Other drinks are more tart and they have a very popular Zombie.

Awesome! Appreciate the rec. I'm scrolling through photos/reviews on Yelp... Krakatoa seems to be a popular choice. Sounds like the drinks are generally pretty strong, which is great.

Also, I'm just now realizing Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's have the same food/drinks. That might be perfect, as my Trader Sam's reservation is a little late, so maybe I'll grab dinner at TT before continuing the party at TS...

el_super

I am an absolute sucker for the Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum, and have made them at home from time to time.

Communicora

Premium Member

I am an absolute sucker for the Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum, and have made them at home from time to time.
These are both great. I also enjoyed the Tangaroa Cooler.

Stevek

Awesome! Appreciate the rec. I'm scrolling through photos/reviews on Yelp... Krakatoa seems to be a popular choice. Sounds like the drinks are generally pretty strong, which is great.

Also, I'm just now realizing Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's have the same food/drinks. That might be perfect, as my Trader Sam's reservation is a little late, so maybe I'll grab dinner at TT before continuing the party at TS...
Yep, I can attest that they are strong pours at Sam's o_O:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom