dining question

Disneyfalcon

This is good to know. I was going to bring a suit for my 3-nighter assuming it was the same as my previous 7-night trip. That would have been a waste.

Yes, there's an optional dress up night, and you'll see a pretty big range of clothes. You'll see some suits, but not too many. :)

Disneyfalcon

LOL. But seriously, between you and Disneyfalcon answering my questions and others I feel like we are ready for our Cruise and wont have any surprises.

Trust me, before my first cruise I was totally freaked, too. I was so used to having all the knowledge of how things worked, the ins & outs of a WDW vacation. It was so unnerving to go on a cruise & feel like I knew nothing. Very uncomfortable. @Disneyfalcon & @HollyBelle were my lifesavers! I prob'ly made them insane with all my questioning. Holly was such a doll making extra effort to document & photograph every moment in the check-in & boarding process. That was huuuuge for me. Point is, I was new once. Someone helped me. It's only right for me to help others. :)

Don't worry, I think we were all completely clueless on our first cruise. Even as someone who had been on tons of vacations to the parks, the cruise is just a whole different animal. I had a million questions! Then at least one hundred more when I went from a long cruise to a short one. :)

tk924

I tried to find an answer to my dining question elsewhere, but could not, so I thought I'd just add on to this thread. Hope that's OK.

For a group of 3, are you more likely to be seated with others at the same table or are there small tables available?
If small tables are available, can you request a small table?

sweetpee_1993

I tried to find an answer to my dining question elsewhere, but could not, so I thought I'd just add on to this thread. Hope that's OK.

For a group of 3, are you more likely to be seated with others at the same table or are there small tables available?
I'm not sure of odds to land at a table with others vs. alone but if dining alone is something you prefer you can put a request on your reservation for that. You'd likely land at a 4-top.

Disneyfalcon

You can definitely request a small table. Add that to your reservation. :)

Tom

Beta Return
My wife and I requested a private table for the cruise we just took last weekend. Our wish was granted (helped that we were staying Concierge), and we were at Table 74. It's a 4-top that's just inside the entrance at Gardens and Royal. It's just out in the middle at Animators.

Was very nice to have a table to ourselves, as we are quite anti-social and can think of nothing worse than being forced to interact with strangers while eating dinner :p

tracyandalex

We are also a group of 3. We have always been seated with folks that are also from Florida and have a son that is a similar age to our daughter we always joke that DCL is playing match maker, lol). Thus far we have not had a bad experience with table mates so I'm crossing our fingers that this weekend we will not mess that up.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
My wife and I requested a private table for the cruise we just took last weekend. Our wish was granted (helped that we were staying Concierge), and we were at Table 74. It's a 4-top that's just inside the entrance at Gardens and Royal. It's just out in the middle at Animators.

Was very nice to have a table to ourselves, as we are quite anti-social and can think of nothing worse than being forced to interact with strangers while eating dinner :p

We were also granted a private 4-top for the two of us on our cruise last month, even though we were only staying in a Category 5D :p. It was the "opposite" of yours, Table 47! We were quite happy with our table, the service, and the food.

Made the request because my hubby is anti-social. I'll talk to anyone about anything, and @sweetpee_1993 and @Disneyfalcon can verify that. :D

Tiggerfanatic

We were also granted a private 4-top for the two of us on our cruise last month, even though we were only staying in a Category 5D :p. It was the "opposite" of yours, Table 47! We were quite happy with our table, the service, and the food.

Made the request because my hubby is anti-social. I'll talk to anyone about anything, and @sweetpee_1993 and @Disneyfalcon can verify that. :D
We must be married to the same man! Of course, when mine does decide to talk, he just goes on and on and on....:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom