Dining planning

momofoneson

We are booked to arrive Saturday August 20th and staying at CSR. I was just wondering how you and your family plan your ADR's? I'm feeling overwhelmed with trying to decide 10 places to eat and plan how we will spend our days at which park. Anyone want to share their "planning" tips?

sbkline

One thing I do, is that I like to enjoy many of the ammeneties of the resort we're staying at, which includes eating a meal at our home resort. In your case, that would be Maya Grill. We stayed at CSR last April and we had supper at Maya Grill one night. It's nice to have at least one day where you get done with the parks early in the evening like, say 4 or 5 PM, and have the rest of the night back at "home" to eat supper at your resort, enjoy the pool, do a bike ride, or just get into bed early and and watch a little tube.

Another thing I like is to have a couple days where we take a break from the parks. Sounds like you're staying for around the same amount of time we normally stay. We like to arrive on a Monday and check out on Wednesday or Thursday. On Saturday and Sunday, I like to take a break from the parks and do other things, like going to the ocean, going shopping in Orlando, visiting GatorLand, etc, and then finding a place to eat at one of the resorts, rather than in the parks. Last year, we ate at Sanaa on Saturday and Grand Floridian Cafe on Sunday, after spending those days doing off property activities. This year, we are planning on GatorLand for Saturday and supper at Chef Mickey's. And going to the Ocean again on Sunday and supper at 1900 Park Fare.

As far as the rest of the ressies go, I just go through all the restaraunts that my wife and I would like to try and try to prioritize them as to which we want to eat at most and which ones fit in with our park schedules. For example, we wouldn't want to pick 5 Epcot restaraunts, because that would put us there more than we need to be and take away time from other parks. This time around, we are eating at Epcot twice: at Via Napoli and Garden Grill. This is definitely an issue if you do NOT plan to parkhop, since whatever park you go into first is the one you're stuck with the rest of the day. But even if you do parkhop, you still have to arrange your schedule around where you want to eat, so plan accordingly. For example, I like to do extra magic hours at at least some of the parks. Like evening EMH at Epcot. Generally, that is on Fridays, so on Friday, I want to do evening EMH at Epcot, so I picked a restaraunt in that park. On Monday, we're doing morning EMH at Animal Kingdom, then later in the afternoon/evening, we're doing evening EMH at DHS, so I picked Sci-Fi Drive in for supper that night.

One other thing I do, is try to pick a breakfast meal an hour before park opening, so as to get a headstart getting into the park. For example, this year, we plan to go to Magic Kingdom for AM Extra Magic Hours on Thursday, but we also plan an 8:05 AM breakfast at Crystal Palace, as we have done the past two trips, so that we can finish breakfast and be wating at the rope either at AdventureLand or FantasyLand, while the general public is still waiting back at the train station. This gives us quite a headstart on everyone else and the chance to knock out alot of the rides in the first hour. We're also planning an 8 AM breakfast at HollyWood & Vine, and again, will be in farther into the park waiting for rope drop, while everyone else is back at the entrance waiting.

One other thing, and I don't know if this applies to you or not, as I don't know how frequently you go. But we try to go every year, so one thing I like to do with restaraunt reservations is to pick at least a few new ones, or maybe ones that I haven't been to for quite a while. But this year, our new ones are: Hoop Dee Doo, Whispering Canyon, Crystal Palace (supper), Via Napoli, HollyWood & Vine and Kona Cafe. Previously visited restaraunts are: T-Rex, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, Sci-Fi, Garden Grill and Crystal Palace (breakfast).

Upvote 0

Mukta

First I decide which park I want to do on which day. I decide that by looking at park hours, nighttime shows and EMHs.
Then I look at the menus for each park. I pick 2 or 3 table service restaurants for each park. If I don't like the ones in the park, I pick out of the hotels nearest to the park.
I try to pick a new place to try each trip.
I read reviews online.
Then I rank my choices. I try to get an ADR for my number one choice, but I always have a backup.
I also look at Counter Service menus and pick my two favorite for each park.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

What I do is base my ADR's on what park I am going to be in on that particular day... August park hours should be out in the next few days, but in the meantime look at last years park hours for August and that will give you a gauge of what the park hours will be this year as they do not change much from year to year from my experience. Once you have an idea of where you are going to be each day, make your ressies around that! Hope this helps! Have a magical vacation.

Upvote 0

MITCH 112198

I also look at park hours including early and late magic hours, and pick accordingly, We will be there also from the 19th of Aug till the 27th at POP. I make a outline page like a calendar of each day with park hours and then at the bottom put all my dining options where we want to go, then when I call on Feb 20th I will write done the confirm # beside each resturant choose. along w/ date in the correct calendar area.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

I would advise to eat in Epcot at least twice during your trip. Make sure to check out Le Cellier, Rose n Crown, Coral Reef and California Grill. Norway has a nice Princess Breakfast.

At MK Liberty Tree is my favorite.

HS has the Brown Derby as a Signature TS. Sci Fi has a great theme, but only fair food..go there only for lunch.

The Yak and Yeti at AK is worth a try.

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
I pick my 10 ts restaurants I want to eat at, then I look at the calender and decide what days I will be in each park and book accordingly. I have about 5 epcot restaurants I want to eat at so if I'm not at epcot that day I just book an early adr, go to dinner, and then go to whichever park has evening emh.

Upvote 0

cwolnowski

My family always makes sure to eat at Tony's Town Square restaurant once during our trip. The atmosphere and location is always good fun, and if you make your reservation for around 7/7:30, by the time you finish up eating, you can walk out of Tony's and stand on the porch and watch SpectroMagic .. definitely a fun experience. Then you can browse the Main Street shops for about a half hour and you're all set for Wishes! fireworks at 10 pm on Main Street (our favorite place for the show).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom