Dining Plan?

MnWildFan06

Hi im going to disneyworld in march for my honeymoon and I was just wondering if the Dining Plan is worth it? and how does the whole thing work?It sounds like a great deal but I want to make sure its a good deal before I add it,if anyone can help I would really appriciate it thanks

Erik

DisneyJoe

Hi im going to disneyworld in march for my honeymoon and I was just wondering if the Dining Plan is worth it? and how does the whole thing work?It sounds like a great deal but I want to make sure its a good deal before I add it,if anyone can help I would really appriciate it thanks

Erik

It depends on your eating habits. Check the menus on allearsnet.com for full pricing.

The plan costs $38.99 per adult per night, and is based on the number of nights of your resort stay, it must be purchased for each night, unless you end up making 2 reservations....

What do you get for that $38.99 per adult per night? You each get 1 table service meal, 1 counter service meal, and 1 snack per nights stay.

So for a 4 night trip, you would each have 4 table service meals, 4 counter service meals, and 4 snacks to use.

1 table service meal = includes appetizer, entrée, dessert (or full buffet) plus non-alcoholic beverage and gratuity/service charge

1 counter service meal = includes entrée and dessert (or complete combo meal) and non-alcoholic beverage

1 snack from a wide variety of options, usually items priced $4 or less.

Certain Signature Dining Experiences (California Grill and others) require the exchange of 2 table service meals.

If you like to eat, I really feel it is a great value for the money.

-Joe

Upvote 0

CheersBoston

If you're going just the two of you, I would recommend the dining plan, no questions asked. It was a great value. The very first night we went to Cap'n Jack's in the Marketplace. The bill was about $130 dollars. It seemed like it was too good to be true that all we had to do was sign for it, but that was the case. Even a counter service in the park with what you get runs about $30. We ate at the California Grill one night and just paid cash because we didn't think it was worth it to use 2 dining credits on a $150 tab. Don't even question it, it's a great value. Maybe not if you were going down with a family of 5, but definately for couple.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
If you enjoy having a nice sit down meal/dinner each day it is more than worth it. You can try restaurants you haven't before, and order most anything off the menu. Do review the plan, but I recommend it highly.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

I loved the dining plan. It was myself and my 2 kids. We ate at places I would never had tried if I wouldn't have had it. My kids liked it too. Warning though, sometimes there was way too much food to finish! lol At some of the counter services I would take the dessert for later. I say that it is worth every penny!

Upvote 0

spaceghost

I haven't used the dining plan yet, but based on my research of things, I'd definitely recommend it. The family and I are using it on our trip in April and we've got all of our sit down meals planned and reserved. We're going to a couple of character meals and the Hoop-de-doo Revue all on the plan, so I think it will work out. Part of our fun is eating at neat places, so this just seemed like the way to go.

As long as you take advantage of your full meals, you should definitely save money. For example, you get an appetizer, entree, dessert, and beverage with the full service meal, so make sure to get all of those things. If you do that, you will definitely save money by going with the plan. Conversely, if you are someone who likes to eat the cheapest items on the menu, or prefers the counter service meals, its probably not worth it.

The last thing I would recommend is if you do go with the plan, as best as you can, plan your meals out and get Advance Dining Reservations as far ahead of time as possible (180 days). With the increased use of the plan, many places fill up quicker than you'd think. Even if you don't use the plan, but want to go to some full service restaurants, you'll want to make reservations in advance...

Upvote 0

Anthony95

my trip: 2 adults and 2 picky teens who eat like adults - it was well worth the money! and we just had the 2 meal + snack per day plan and it was plenty. we came out of our pocket here and there, but that was easy compared to having to foot the full bill for Boma or any other restaurant of that calibur.

breakfast buffet at boma grand total for 4: $83. it sure was good too.

Upvote 0

tjkref418

Erik

I agree that it is a great deal overall. Be careful with credits used at the more romantic restaurants (espeically on your honeymoon :) .) Most will need two credits and will use up your allowance quickly.

Have a wonderful trip and congratulations! :wave:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Definitely worth the money, but I'm not sure I would do it again. I felt like I lost a lot of time in the parks (figure at least an hour to an hour and a half for every sit down meal) and having to plan our day around dinner reservations took away some of the fun of being able to do things on the spur of the moment. We had a lot of "Oh, well, it's 3:00 and our dinner reservation is at 4:10, we don't really have time to ride anything right now, so what do we do for an hour.....etc." Granted, we got to eat in places I would never have dreamed of paying full price, but I still felt like I missed out on some of the attractions after we got home.

Upvote 0

jonesenon4

:xmas: for my family and me its the best thing disney has ever done for its guests. you get to eat at 4 star resturants order anything you want all for 39.00 tip is also included. we really love it and have used it the last 2 years and will continue to use it . we would highly reccomend for you and your new bride. have a great trip and congrats on the wedding.:xmas:

Upvote 0

natalia1681

I love love love the dining plan!!:slurp: I enjoy that everything is paid for upfront, so I don't have to worry about paying for food in the parks. I also like that I can eat what I want off of the menu, instead of the most affordable items:wave:

Upvote 0

cptwife80

I just tried the dinning plan while there for a week for my birthday with my family. It worked out great. My husband and I are pretty good at spending over 200 a meal just for the two of us at places like Le' Cellar, and Mitsukoshi. I must say that even though most places will not let you get lobster Capt Jacks in Downtown Disney will let you have it. We both got the twin lobster tails and shrimp scampi and everything else that could go with it. Very good deal and to be at DD at night for supper was wonderful!!! A must for a honeymoon. I'll have my second honeymoon in three more years...Husband is talking about second wedding at Disney!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom