Dining Plan poll

If the rumored changes take effect:

• Will you not buy the plan now, whereas before you would have (or did).

Votes: 125 52.3%
  • You will still buy the plan.

Votes: 48 20.1%
  • You dislike the plan, and wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Votes: 66 27.6%

• Total voters

fyn

Original Poster
This is a followup to the rumored dining plan changes. I want some actual data as to people's feelings on the changes, or the plan in general.

If the rumored changes take effect:

- You won't buy the plan, whereas before you would have (or did)
- You will still buy the plan
- You dislike the plan, and wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Vote away, please!

Edit: Here's a link to the thread on the rumored changes:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=207107

MrsPortiaB

I like to take advantage of the Free Dining Plan offer because I live in the Northwest. Believe it or not, it's actually cheaper for me to fly to Florida and stay for a signifigant amount of time on property than it is for me to do the same at DL! Even a short stay at DL is about the same price as a longer stay using the MYW Free Dining Plan at DW!

Since I was raised in New England and went all the time to DW as a kid, it has special signifigance for me so if they'll continue to offer the Free Dining Plan even with all the rumored changes, it'll be disappointing but still worthwhile to do again. I just really hope they'll continue to offer gratuity as included in the package!

lilclerk

I'll probably only use it if it's offered for free if these changes go into effect. It won't be worth it anymore.

JimboJones123

I would still never pay for the plan. If it had a flex option for x days of you 9 night trip, I'd pay for it. Otherwise it's way more than we would spend a week anyways. Also it is such a challenge to find "value" out of the plan when we like character meals and most are breakfasts.

cymbaldiva

I'm only using the plan this time around because it's free, therefore a really neat opportunity for me to try new things at a good price point (hey, free is always good :)).

If I had to pay anything for the plan I wouldn't 'cause it costs more per day than I spend on food.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If its free you are not exactly buying it are you?

A loss of a free starter is not the same as a the loss of a starter you paid part of $37 for.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I currently have an AP and use DDE, but when I go without an AP, I'd still buy it. I'd be sure to have enough cash to tip well is all. Even adding my own gratuity it's still a good value the way I use it.

Jayhawkie

I am using the dining plan for the first time this oct/nov. I am only using it because I think that it is a great deal for me because my famiy and I like to sit down and have one nice meal a day. With the new changes I will NOT get the plan again.:veryconfu

autigger

I won't buy the plan, whereas before I did.

We have used the dining plan and really enjoyed it. I doubt we would use it with these changes.

I thought the whole idea of the dining plan was to make a Disney World vacation like a cruise ship or an all inclusive trip, i.e., pay one price and most everything is included. These changes completely defeat that concept entirely.

These changes will make families like mine search for options outside Disney for dining. While using the dining plan on recent trips, we never ventured off property. I doubt that will be the case now.

cb3k

With these changes I would definitely do the DDE instead. This just doesn't seem worth it. Of course, having an AP plays a big role in all of this, but all in all the new changes seem to be for the worst.

JimboJones123

I won't buy the plan, whereas before I did.

We have used the dining plan and really enjoyed it. I doubt we would use it with these changes.

I thought the whole idea of the dining plan was to make a Disney World vacation like a cruise ship or an all inclusive trip, i.e., pay one price and most everything is included. These changes completely defeat that concept entirely.

These changes will make families like mine search for options outside Disney for dining. While using the dining plan on recent trips, we never ventured off property. I doubt that will be the case now.
Cruising doesn't include tips either. :drevil:

wdwforus

We have only used the dining plan once and would never do it again. Unless ofcourse we could get it free. We did character meals both with and without the plan and found that on alot of days we didnt even eat 2 big meals, counter service and sit down. Now that we have been to FW it was even cheaper for us to eat.

JWG

Did not use and will not use the plan.
If the plan remain unchanged (tip included) and only inflationary price increases I would try it.

With the tip removed, which is really a 15-20%+ increase in the plan cost (closer to "+" since odds you're getting more than the DDP value in food so the tip is really based on a larger number now), with the decrease in options (supposedly), the value is gone. Its now just a convenience item, and I'm willing to forego some convenience personally.

Nemo14

I really don't understand what the big uproar is about the changes to the dining plan. Surely, we knew that this would happen. The dining plan was instituted to bring more people into the WDW restaurants, and it succeeded in doing that. Free dining even brought more in when ordinarily the restaurants would not be busy at all. So, now that that's accomplished, and many people who would never try so many table service restaurants in one trip have gotten used to it, it only makes sense that they would raise the price. They've hooked enough people in, so now it's time to profit from it. Plain and simple!

sbkline

I'll still buy it.

If I didn't buy the dining plan I would spend less on food...because I would be eating counter service most of the time, except for one or two sit downs. So, without the dining plan, I am fully aware that I would not spend 37 a day on food, so in that sense, the DDP does not save me money.

However, I don't want to eat at counter service all the time. Part of the experience for me is looking forward to a nice sit down meal everynight...or at least almost every night. And I can't afford to do that by paying out of pocket. So the DDP gives me a more affordable way of having many table service restaraunts in one trip. And it's still worth it to me even if I have to pay the tip out of pocket.

wdwmomof3

I glanced over the changes and I am not so sure that it is such a good deal anymore. Before I buy the plan I will really have to do some math. We used the plan last time that we went and I loved it but I am not so sure anymore. This is one thing that I wish that Disney would have left alone. :rolleyes:

fourstamps

I would not buy it with the new rumored changes. I have used it before in Nov 05 and will be using it coming up in Nov 07. The new changes will not make it worth it.

brucie

I have had the plan free and I have paid for it, with the changes i definitely not buy it again. Although I do LOVE it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom