Dining in Magic Kingdom

lisamonster85

Original Poster
Where is a good place to eat in Magic Kingdom for dinner? I know Epcot has a ton of great places to eat, but I'm going to spend an entire day at Magic Kingdom. I do have reservations on other days to eat at Le Cellier and 50's Primetime Cafe... it's my first time there.... I'm soooo excited!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Crystal Palace is great for Winnie the Pooh and friends. The food is generally good for a buffet. I personally like Tony's, but it gets mixed reviews. The Plaza is small and quaint but has a relatively limited menu in my experience, what they do have is good.

For counter service, Cosmic Ray's is a perennial favourite...

jeffk410

mine
1. Crystal Palace
2. Tony's
3. Counter service at ray's before plaza restaurant.

Honestly there is not enough options at MK yet.

lisamonster85

Original Poster
I saw a pic of macaroni and cheese at Liberty Tree. I heart macaroni and cheese even though it's so bad for you haha. Have you guys been to Pecos Bill? Is that worth going to? I want to eat at Main St Bakery for breakfast, something for lunch, and then maybe Liberty Tree for dinner.

mouselvrmom

I saw a pic of macaroni and cheese at Liberty Tree. I heart macaroni and cheese even though it's so bad for you haha. Have you guys been to Pecos Bill? Is that worth going to? I want to eat at Main St Bakery for breakfast, something for lunch, and then maybe Liberty Tree for dinner.

Pecos Bill has good burgers. My hubby really liked his huge double, but I really prefer Cosmic Rays. There you can get those burgers, but also lots of other choices. And you have the added bonus of the entertainment of Sonny Eclipse.

HouCuseChickie

I know some people love Liberty Tree Tavern...I ate there once and was not a big fan. It's been a while since I've been, but the menu looks the same. I think the restaurant is sponsored by Stouffer's (at least it was)- and to me, it felt like eating their frozen foods. i.e. not worth the $. The mac and cheese was good, but nothing spectacular - and I LOVE mac and cheese.

We're trying CRT and Crystal Palace for the first time in December. You might also consider dining at some of the monorail resorts. The Contemporary is very close to MK (Chef Mickey's, California Grill, The Wave).

tampabrad

If you want a good dinner, stay in the MK. If you want better than good, and have some time to leave the park, head to the monorail resorts (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian) or take the boat to Wilderness Lodge.

tigsmom

Another vote for heading out to one of the hotels to eat. We love the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL (Artist Point is great as well) or over to 'Ohana or the Kona Kafe at the Poly. Haven't had dinner in the Contemporary in awhile though. We also love the Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK, Cosmic Ray's as well as Pecos Bill's. There is also the Crystal Palace and Columbia Harbor House, but I can't vouch for them as we haven't eaten there yet.

zurgandfriend

MY input
1. Liberty Tree Tavern
2. Crystal Palace
3. Plaza Restaurant
4. Cosmic Rays (Counter service)

Or

As stated right the Monorail to one of the resorts, Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe or the Wave.

belle_1022

Don't forget to check into a lunch too. You could schedule for one of the last sittings. Or try an early sitting and hit a QS later in the evening. **Lunch is better food wise and CHEAPER!** Tony's and LTT have great lunch menus and I really prefer both for lunch. The Plaza was nice too - prefer the wait staff to the CMs at the check in. One CM was really rude!

If you are okay with a QS, Columbia Harbor House has some great selections - different than the regular burgers and chicken.

GeoDonJac34

I'll jump on the bandwagon for heading to the monorail. MK doesn't have the best meals in my opinion. Counter service is fine though.I always enjoyed the experience at Crystal Palace more than the food. Liberty Tree is just OK.

RooBear

Agreed, head over to the hotels or eat on the fly. For example, we just nosh the day away, so we don't miss much. Keep eating small portions througout the day, an eggroll here, popcorn there, that kinda stuff.

Peace,
Roo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom