Dimensions of Cinderella's Castle

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Weird question, but my wife is a school teacher and she is doing a project with her class. Does anyone know the dimensions of the castle at WDW? She found a sight that lists the height at close to 180 feet, but she really needs the max height, length, width, etc. Can anyone help me with the facts? I'll score major points with her if I can get an answer!

EPCOT Explorer

I know.. how bad am I?

The west elevation is around 84ft wide, the south elevation about 100ft. The 189ft height appears to be the north elevation; the side facing the hub, taking into account the extra height from the moat.
Too cool, Martin.:D

You SO need to write a book./predictable:lol:

rsoxguy

Original Poster
I know.. how bad am I?

The west elevation is around 84ft wide, the south elevation about 100ft. The 189ft height appears to be the north elevation; the side facing the hub, taking into account the extra height from the moat.

Wow! Thank you very much for the information. My wife is very happy that she will be going to class tomorrow with the stats that she needed for this project. She is doing several famous buildings, but she wanted to include something from Disney. Again, thank you Martin for taking the time to get me this information. :sohappy:

LittleBuford

But the poster is wrong.
Quite a lot of sources online are saying the castle measures 189 feet from the bottom of the moat and 183 feet from water level. If the information is wrong (which it well may be), then the error didn't begin with the poster. If it's true, I think it's interesting and worth knowing. It doesn't contradict what @marni1971 said; it's just an additional detail.

ETA: In fact, @marni1971 himself said it, as I noticed just now by rereading the earlier posts:
The 189ft height appears to be the north elevation; the side facing the hub, taking into account the extra height from the moat.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

It’s exactly what Martin said, yet it appeared to be trying to correct him.
The fact that two posters subsequently called the information wrong suggests that Martin’s comment about the moat got lost in the details. Leaving aside the circumstances of the poster’s correction, the information itself is interesting. We now have an extra tidbit to offer when someone tells us the castle is 189 feet tall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom