Dimensions of Cinderella's Castle

lazyboy97o

Thanks for this.

Do you have any further details about Cinderella Castle's measurements?
I don’t have any more specific information.

Yes, I know that and I know that building height is from the ground up. However, in the grander scheme of things all elevation is based on sea level. One thing that it isn't measured against is random man made bodies of water regardless of it's depth. So the mote has nothing at all to do with it. I apparently didn't explain myself sufficiently. I apologize for that.
No, all elevation is not based on sea level. Even just sea level is not some consistent constant which is why there are vertical datum standards that are used for developing a building site.

There would be many higher levels if all one had to do is dig a hole and automatically make their building taller. Most skyscrapers have three or more floors below ground level. Are those underground feet included in the building height? For the purpose of aviation the height should be in direct connection to the ground level. Does anyone know about this?
There are times when below grade levels are discussed and counted. The Pentagon is often cited as being 7 stories because the 2 basement levels are considered interesting bits of knowledge about the building. Magic Kingdom is often described as being on the second floor even though the site was modified to make the utilidors below grade.

JoeCamel

. Magic Kingdom is often described as being on the second floor even though the site was modified to make the utilidors below grade.
Are they below grade or at the original grade of the land? I thought they placed the bottom of the utilidor at grade and built up/filled from there to get what we see today which would place the bottom of the moat at the original grade and why the castle is measured from the bottom of the moat.
In other words the bottom of the castle is the same as the bottom of the utilidors.
Yes I do know the utilidor dips under the castle.

lazyboy97o

Are they below grade or at the original grade of the land? I thought they placed the bottom of the utilidor at grade and built up/filled from there to get what we see today which would place the bottom of the moat at the original grade and why the castle is measured from the bottom of the moat.
In other words the bottom of the castle is the same as the bottom of the utilidors.
Yes I do know the utilidor dips under the castle.
The grade was changed. They are now below grade. You don’t keep referencing some old grade that is no longer there. Even the “original grade” everyone talks about likely wasn’t original original, as the site was compacted and stabilized, almost certainly building up the site, even if not as dramatically as what would happen later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom