News Digital Key coming soon to Walt Disney World Resort hotels

DisneyCane

What if you don't have a cell phone, still use Magic Bands or are you given a hotel key? Are they going to get rid of Magic Bands already?
Who that can afford a Disney vacation doesn't have a cell phone? In the very rare instance, I'm sure they'll have a way to get in.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
At Hilton you didn’t have to hold it to the lock just be near it. It was also slow to unlock so it was a tad annoying

I have gotten it to work like two doors down or even further. Some hotels, you need to be a bit closer. I imagine this is partly due to the equipment the hotel has installed in the locks.

DavidS1234

The main advantage of the MB at this point is that it's water proof. Would rather take that into the pool/water parks than a smart phone.

If Disney would just go ahead and allow everyone to provision a card to a MB (not just for hotel guests), I wouldn't need to take my phone OR my wallet with me... which would be great.

Nubs70

I've never used it, so I have no idea if it sucks. Have you used this type of system yet? Genuinely asking.

I like the idea, personally. It's not for everyone of course. I think it's a handy feature to have. But I understand why someone may not like it. But maybe if you, or anyone else, hasn't used it, maybe, you know, it doesn't suck? Not liking it's fine, but it's a little hard to say it sucks if you haven't used it (or that it doesn't).
I have used the Hilton system. Novel idea but more complicated and time consuming process. From experience, it sucks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom