Different style rooms

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You don't think it's worth an extra $100 per night so that your bed is shaped like a pirate ship, a clam shell, or a car?!!
Maybe... but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a suite in a deluxe where the standard room is "only" $500 or so a night, yet a one bedroom suite is almost three times that...
1540234800624.png

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Or across the hallway.

That said, Disney pricing on suites is based on some model that assumes (a) nobody but the uber-rich stays in suites, and/or (b) people are idiots.
I'm not uber rich. I'm not medium rich. I'm not even a little bit rich. My last trips have been Art of Animation (suite), Old Key West (villa, basically a suite), Fort Wilderness (cabin, basically a suite), Saratoga Springs (villa, basically a suite), and Animal Kingdom Lodge (regular room).

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Maybe... but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a suite in a deluxe where the standard room is "only" $500 or so a night, yet a one bedroom suite is almost three times that...
View attachment 321583
Aren't those EXTREMELY rare, like 2 or 3 per resort, and typically for VIPs? I'm not sure Disney even considers them part of their standard room inventory.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I stayed at an All Star Music Family Suite last Thanksgiving week. My husband and I got the bedroom, my 15 year old step-son got the pull out sofa and my 7 year old son got the pull out chair sleeper. It worked great for us. The Kitchenette and 2 bathrooms came in very handy. We paid $313/night.

ASMFamSuitelayout.jpg

DisneyOutsider

Or across the hallway.

That said, Disney pricing on suites is based on some model that assumes (a) nobody but the uber-rich stays in suites, and/or (b) people are idiots.
I'm not uber rich. I'm not medium rich. I'm not even a little bit rich. My last trips have been Art of Animation (suite), Old Key West (villa, basically a suite), Fort Wilderness (cabin, basically a suite), Saratoga Springs (villa, basically a suite), and Animal Kingdom Lodge (regular room).

So what you're really saying is... you're an idiot ;)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Aren't those EXTREMELY rare, like 2 or 3 per resort, and typically for VIPs? I'm not sure Disney even considers them part of their standard room inventory.

Nope. I've stayed in the 2 bedroom suite at GF. The suites are usually concierge level. Can't say specifically how many there are in each deluxe, but at GF, they are in two buildings.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Doubletree Suites on Hotel Plaza Blvd works for me on occasion. Has the same type of room layout as an Embassy Suites.

I'd be all for a Disney property priced in the moderate range (say $200/$300) with those types of room layouts. Bedroom, Living room with queen foldout and a kitchenette. Even the room type at the Springhill on Western Way would be welcomed (smaller living room area than an Embassy, but still a queen pullout).

I know that AoA has suites as do several other on property locations. It seems they fall in 2 categories for me: 1) Not Available 2) Insanely over-priced. I'm good with a bit over-priced - but I draw the line when it gets to insane levels. I would like to see more options in this category

surfsupdon

I like when rooms have a couch. Someplace other than a bed to sit and relax. The desk many rooms have is so unnecessary in a Disney Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom