Different style rooms

dis365

Original Poster
With all the new hotels Disney is building I would love to see some different layouts for the rooms. I would love to see a 2 bed and 2 bath with a little living room. Is anyone else on board or am I a minority? I am not looking for a washer and dryer. I am not looking for a kitchen. As a realize that is what some people like, it does not fit everyone. I don't like the idea of going on vacation and paying a lot of money to have some of my party sleeping on a pull out couch. I realize that for the price you are getting the kitchen and washer and dryer but it is something that I just don't use on vacation. I know I could just rent 2 rooms but first of all that is not easy to do and second it is not guaranteed they will be by each other. Plus is is still different than having one room in my opinion and you still don't get a little living room. I am just wondering how others feel.

Lensman

What price range are you looking in? Many of the deluxe resorts (Yacht, Beach, BWI, GF, etc) will have 2-bedroom suites and the AoA has their family suites. They won't have a full kitchen but most have a wet-bar area with a microwave and some cabinets for food. None have a washer-dryer. These are distinct from the "villa" accommodations that are DVC-related and have kitchens and laundry facilities en-suite.

I'm DVC so I obviously like the kitchen and laundry. I understand what you mean, though. When I travel for business I don't like getting upgraded to rooms that have kitchens in them. There's just something about them that bothers me a little.

dis365

Original Poster
What price range are you looking in? Many of the deluxe resorts (Yacht, Beach, BWI, GF, etc) will have 2-bedroom suites and the AoA has their family suites. They won't have a full kitchen but most have a wet-bar area with a microwave and some cabinets for food. None have a washer-dryer. These are distinct from the "villa" accommodations that are DVC-related and have kitchens and laundry facilities en-suite.

I'm DVC so I obviously like the kitchen and laundry. I understand what you mean, though. When I travel for business I don't like getting upgraded to rooms that have kitchens in them. There's just something about them that bothers me a little.

dis365

Original Poster
The problem with the 2 bedroom suites that Disney has now is that they are built (or should I say priced) to hold up to 12 people. That price seems too high. I would like something around $300 to $400 a night.

DisneyOutsider

The problem with the 2 bedroom suites that Disney has now is that they are built (or should I say priced) to hold up to 12 people. That price seems too high. I would like something around $300 to $400 a night.

For your price range and accommodation preferences, I'm going to say you would be much happier renting something off property. You could get something really nice and comfortable with that budget nearby, but not at the Disney resorts. I'd go as far as to call it a pipe dream.

Minnie Mum

Your statement about the 2 bedroom suites is incorrect. You are referring, I believe to the 2 bedroom VILLAS which are DVC, not resort rooms. And even those don't sleep 12 - you need a 3 bedroom villa for that. All of the deluxe resorts have 2 bedroom SUITES, except the Boardwalk. They sleep anywhere from 6 to 8. The YC is, I believe, the only one with 2 king beds and not a mix of King and Queens. All have a sleeper sofa in the LR. And certainly none at the price point you want. Try 4 times that. You could consider yourself lucky to get one regular deluxe room at those prices. You have seriously underestimated Disney resort prices. You will need to go off site (perhaps far off site) to get the suite you are describing at the price you want.

Lensman

As I mentioned in my original reply, what about the family suites at Art of Animation? They're $325-$550, sleep 6 adults, and come with: - 1 real bedroom with a queen bed
- 1 combo dining area that converts to a "bedroom" with a double sized murphy bed
- 2 full bathrooms
- small living room with sofa bed
- 565 square feet

OP, since you said you don't need a kitchen, I suppose you could leave the murphy bed in "bed" form. I do think the layout is a bit awkward for that in that it would make that "bedroom" right by the entryway. Does this fit your need? I could see you wanting a different layout.

Minnie Mum

As I mentioned in my original reply, what about the family suites at Art of Animation? They're $325-$550, sleep 6 adults, and come with: - 1 real bedroom with a queen bed
- 1 combo dining area that converts to a "bedroom" with a double sized murphy bed
- 2 full bathrooms
- small living room with sofa bed
- 565 square feet

OP, since you said you don't need a kitchen, I suppose you could leave the murphy bed in "bed" form. I do think the layout is a bit awkward for that in that it would make that "bedroom" right by the entryway. Does this fit your need? I could see you wanting a different layout.

BUT she doesn't want the rest of her family sleeping on pull outs.

Lensman

BUT she doesn't want the rest of her family sleeping on pull outs.
That's why I described the murphy bed as the "second bedroom". I think there are two problems with a sleeper sofa:
1. You lose the sofa when it's pulled out. So if someone wants to start prepping the bed for sleep, you lose the living room.
2. Except for certain exception, sofa beds tend to be more uncomfortable as beds. Murphy beds, though, are great for sleeping, IMHO. I spend about a month a year sleeping on one, and it's much better than the sofa bed I used before.

Anyway, I'll leave it to the OP to either "like" our suggestions as helpful, or just leave them unappreciated. :)

That is if we haven't already driven him or her off with our criticism. :eek:

daisyduckie

Disney can't build rooms to suit everyone. I really see no point in what the OP wants. Why not get 2 rooms? Or a DVC unit? Sounds like the OP wants some hybrid of the 2. How many people do you think would spend time hanging out in the living room?

Gotta build for the masses.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
With all the new hotels Disney is building I would love to see some different layouts for the rooms. I would love to see a 2 bed and 2 bath with a little living room. Is anyone else on board or am I a minority? I am not looking for a washer and dryer. I am not looking for a kitchen. As a realize that is what some people like, it does not fit everyone. I don't like the idea of going on vacation and paying a lot of money to have some of my party sleeping on a pull out couch. I realize that for the price you are getting the kitchen and washer and dryer but it is something that I just don't use on vacation. I know I could just rent 2 rooms but first of all that is not easy to do and second it is not guaranteed they will be by each other. Plus is is still different than having one room in my opinion and you still don't get a little living room. I am just wondering how others feel.

Grand Floridian has 2 bedroom, 3 bath suites, with a living room.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

When a standard room at WL is over $400, you're out of luck.

None of the 2 bedroom suites or DVC villas sleep more than 8 people. The only rooms on property that sleep 12 are the 3 bedroom grand villas at DVC resorts.

Nothing on property will meet your criteria, unless you want to pay at least $1,000/night for a 2 bedroom suite at a deluxe (non-DVC) resort.

dis365

Original Poster
We are a family of 4 so not looking for anything too big. AoA is the closest to what I want. I just wish instead of the murphy bed they would have put in a regular queen bed. I hate the idea of going on vacation and not sleeping in a normal bed and it is only a double bed as well. But one of the posters said that a murphy bed is not too bad, which is good to know.

CatesMom

As much as we love visiting Disney, the family rooms at Universal Studios were wonderful , and we would love to see Disney offer the same accommodations. Main room with King bed and pull out couch, separate "kid's room" with two twin beds and a door that opened only to the main room. My 10-year-old daughter has revolted against sleeping on the pull-out couch, so we've graduated from 1BR DVC to standard resort rooms.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That said, Disney pricing on suites is based on some model that assumes (a) nobody but the uber-rich stays in suites, and/or (b) people are idiots.

You don't think it's worth an extra $100 per night so that your bed is shaped like a pirate ship, a clam shell, or a car?!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom