Differences between POR & FQ

Tinkerbella16

Anyone who has stayed at both of these resorts, can you give me a little bit of facts of how these two differ? Which one did you like the most, and Why? Is FQ hard to get around, like POR seemed to be? Anything will help me since I will be staying at French Quarter for the first time, by myself this year. I have stayed at POR last year and loved it, it was just realllly spread out... Is FQ anything like that? I just wanted to know what some of you thought of the resort.

Thanks so much!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

In terms of accomodation - FQ has half the number of rooms that POR has, it is more compact and therefore only has the one bus stop situated at the front of the resort. You'll love it.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Of the 2, I prefer FQ over POR though it is not by much. Being much more compact, walking around FQ is so much easier. It is not a long walk to anywhere. The buildings our on streets (all named) which run pretty straight as opposed to rolling curves like everywhere else at WDW. My personal favorite was Rue du Baga. Things are much closer because it is smaller.

Upvote 0
I've stayed at both. The FQ when we got engaged and POR last Dec. For us I think both worked out great b/c it was the right time in our lives for both resorts. My husband and I got engaged at FQ and it was just us, quieter, not as big, had the option of going to POR if we wanted to, it was a bit more romantic and was perfect for that time in our life. Now 2 kids later, POR was fantastic this time around bigger which means more area for the kids to run around, more food choices for those picky kids, and I think slightly more kid friendly which is what we need for this point in our lives. You'll love the FQ I really think you can't go wrong at either.

Upvote 0

hansel1

I've stayed at POR twice now and will finally try FQ this october. During our last trip we took some time and walked around FQ to see how it was.

FQ is definately more compact and seems better organized. I am not sure but judging by the size of the food court, there might be problems depending on the time of day we attempt to eat there. We are staying in a standard view room as we have found with most moderates the views don't matter that much.

Upvote 0

Lucky

The food court is smaller but so is the resort. I found the POR food court to be much more hectic than the POFQ food court.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Anyone who has stayed at both of these resorts, can you give me a little bit of facts of how these two differ? Which one did you like the most, and Why? Is FQ hard to get around, like POR seemed to be? Anything will help me since I will be staying at French Quarter for the first time, by myself this year. I have stayed at POR last year and loved it, it was just realllly spread out... Is FQ anything like that? I just wanted to know what some of you thought of the resort.

Thanks so much!!
i love the por
themeing:
pofq: french quarter in new orleans
por: old south, plantations, non-city

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

In my opinion, you made a great choice in POFQ. I weighed both resorts POR & POFQ. I think both resorts are awesome. But the advantages of POFQ out number POR. As everyone else has said the small size of the resort is a HUGE plus. Since we only snack when we are at the resort, the lack of a sit down resturant is no big deal. Being the first stop on the bus when the buses are servicing both resorts.

Upvote 0

mickeymouse090

I stayed at POFQ on my last trip to Disney & loved it! It is much smaller & compact, it can be very peaceful at times. It is easy to find your way around & the buses pick up & drop off the FQ first...nice perk! :) There are so many great things to say about it that I could just keep going on! You made a great choice & will have a great time staying there!

Have a good trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

You can get the best of both sides of the Mississippi at Disney's Port Orleans Resorts. Step through a wrought-iron portal into an alluring recreation of the historic New Orleans district at French Quarter AND experience the sprawling mansions and genteel feel of the picturesque Louisiana towns along the Mississippi at Riverside.

Both resorts act as "sister resorts" meaning you are welcome to use all resort amenities at both locations. You will have 2 theme pools (each with a hot tub and nearby pool bar) and 5 leisure pools, 2 food courts, and 1 table service restaurant. There is a marina for Bike and Boat Rental and boat transportation to Downtown Disney. There are a total of five bus stations within the Resort complex so all rooms are near transportation to the Theme Parks and Water Parks.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
I have another question... when we stayed at POR last year we had a fridge in our rooms without requesting them. Does POFQ provide a fridge in their rooms like POR does? If not, what would I have to do if I wanted one. They come in handy to keep drinks cold.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
You can get the best of both sides of the Mississippi at Disney's Port Orleans Resorts. Step through a wrought-iron portal into an alluring recreation of the historic New Orleans district at French Quarter AND experience the sprawling mansions and genteel feel of the picturesque Louisiana towns along the Mississippi at Riverside.

Both resorts act as "sister resorts" meaning you are welcome to use all resort amenities at both locations. You will have 2 theme pools (each with a hot tub and nearby pool bar) and 5 leisure pools, 2 food courts, and 1 table service restaurant. There is a marina for Bike and Boat Rental and boat transportation to Downtown Disney. There are a total of five bus stations within the Resort complex so all rooms are near transportation to the Theme Parks and Water Parks.

And thank you for the descriptive response JP! I should just pm you any questions I have, you seem to know a whole LOT! :wave:

Upvote 0

AndreainNY

We have stayed at both multiple times (POR less than 2 weeks ago - WAAHHH!! I hate coming home!!!) and we do prefer POFQ. It is smaller, the food court is less hectic and everything just seems much more "cosy". Plus, the kids love the water slide in the pool. Since we are a family of 5, our choice of reasonably priced, on property resorts is limited, that is typically why we are at POR. When my Mom or in-laws travel with us, we go to POFQ since one of my kids can use the extra bed in their room. You cannot go wrong with either resort, both are really great, but if you like a "small town" feel, you will like POFQ better.

Upvote 0

anonymousegirl

I haven't stayed at either resort, but I am booked into POR for this July. I chose POR over POFQ because POR has a main, themed pool and 3-4 smaller, non-themed pools which I hope will be less crowded than the main pool. POFQ has just the one large themed pool. I know I would not be willing to cart my hot and sorry backside down to POR to find a quieter pool, so I chose POR for myself and my adult non-kid girlfriend.

I hope I made the right decision.

Upvote 0

mickeymouse090

Yes we had a fridge in our room, we had a standard room in building 1, it was facing the inside of the courtyard and was very quiet. I do believe all of the moderate resorts come with a fridge in the rooms.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom