Did you ever notice...

Rob562

Why does the paper boy in Spaceship Earth sound like he is 30 years old when he looks 13? "EXTRA EXTRA!!"

Apparently they're fixing this during the refurbishment. A couple months ago the casting call for voice talent was posted here on the forums.

-Rob

darthjohnny

Most of the postshow on SM, doesnt fit anymore. The packages the robot and the dog. I dont get it?

There is a story to the postshow of Space Mountain. But it was more obvious years ago.

There used to be a narration throughout the exit how "in the future, packages will be sent through beams of light."

The first scene sends the empty box to the planet, which in turn sends the box via teleportation with the fossils discovered. The place with the robot dog, or the "lab retriever", is the lab is where the fossils will be analyzed.

It reflected how packages are delivered in the future, which had more significance when the ride was sponsored by FedEx.

cooleo

There is a story to the postshow of Space Mountain. But it was more obvious years ago.

There used to be a narration throughout the exit how "in the future, packages will be sent through beams of light."

The first scene sends the empty box to the planet, which in turn sends the box via teleportation with the fossils discovered. The place with the robot dog, or the "lab retriever", is the lab is where the fossils will be analyzed.

It reflected how packages are delivered in the future, which had more significance when the ride was sponsored by FedEx.

I remember this part from my many rides on SM. I don't think that part has played in awhile. :shrug:

darthjohnny

I remember this part from my many rides on SM. I don't think that part has played in awhile. :shrug:

Yeah. I haven't heard it in years.

Although, I don't think it had anything to do with the departure of FedEx since it played after they were gone (at least if I remember correctly).

I guess it's broken or something, and they've never fixed it. :shrug:

RiversideBunny

Why is it called 'Cinderella's Castle'?
Didn't she marry into royalty-
the castle would have belonged to the prince, or actually to his father until the prince became king.
Possibly it was a wedding gift?

:)

rbrower

the castle would have belonged to the prince, or actually to his father until the prince became king.

I think the only reasoning for calling it that is probably because it is more familiar to the visitors, especially little children. If it were to be called something like 'Charming Castle', not as many people would recognize what movie it was from. I don't know if thats the real reasoning, but it makes sense to me.:)

Mr Bill

Well actually it's called "Cinderella Castle" so there's no real indication that she is in posession of the castle, just that it has been named after her.

the-reason14

Yeah. I haven't heard it in years.

Although, I don't think it had anything to do with the departure of FedEx since it played after they were gone (at least if I remember correctly).

I guess it's broken or something, and they've never fixed it. :shrug:

I remember the narration as well. But I dont think they just shut it off or its broken, they have completely done away with it, thats why I say all the stuff you see in SM post show, has no meaning or story and makes no sense anymore.

It also encourages me to believe that SM will be going down for a refurb real soon, if anything, to change the post show. I remember they had different music then you hear in there today, music that really fitted in with the narration. The robot doesnt talk anymore and its just weird. They changed the music I think in 05, and I forget when Fedx dropped sponsership, I think maybe 2003. They even got rid of the very first robot next to the teleportation chamber with the disappearing and reappearing box thingy. Alot of the extra things SM used to have when I first rode it are long gone, and are definately missed.

kstella

Actually, Cinderella's father was a wealthy man before he died and the step-mother took everything, so maybe it really is her castle inherited from her father.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom