Did TWDC Ever Consider a Pocahontas Ride?

Kate F

Why does everything need to have a popular IP attached to it? Why does everything have to be “familiar to park guests?” Isn’t seeing something new and different part of the fun?

TrainsOfDisney

I just want to throw out that Disney often treats Splash Mountain as its own IP these days anyway.

How do you envision a Pocahontas attraction? A Conoe ride? A dark ride? Indoors? Out?

I could see a really cool attraction at DAK focusing on animals from North America.

Kate F

How do you envision a Pocahontas attraction? A Conoe ride? A dark ride? Indoors? Out?

I could see a really cool attraction at DAK focusing on animals from North America.
Maybe a mix of indoors and outdoors. I’d accept nearly any new attraction at DAK at this point and that would be the perfect park for a ride based off the film.

Imagineer45

splash as princess and frog is really too easy the more I think about it. They already have frog and gator AA’s. It’s virtually the same setup. The showboat finale is perfect.

Adding a princess IP (and a diverse one at that) to an already popular attraction is really a win-win.
It does make a ton of sense, but I would absolutely hate it just because Splash Mountain is so perfect the way it is. It is way more iconic than DCA Tower of Terror or Maelstrom ever was, and even though it is technically based on Song of the South, it is treated like its own brand.

Last edited by a moderator:

NelleBelle

While I don't dislike the Nav'i river ride in AK, they could easily turn that into a Pocahontas ride (yeah, I know that it's in Pandora, but they could turn that creepy Nav'i animatronic thing into the Willow tree).

Kate F

While I don't dislike the Nav'i river ride in AK, they could easily turn that into a Pocahontas ride (yeah, I know that it's in Pandora, but they could turn that creepy Nav'i animatronic thing into the Willow tree).
You’d have to create some kind of transition between Pandora and Pocahontas in that case. It would be kind of weird to walk into Pandora to go on a North American themed ride.

The funny thing is that people joke about Avatar being Pocahontas with blue people.

NelleBelle

You’d have to create some kind of transition between Pandora and Pocahontas in that case. It would be kind of weird to walk into Pandora to go on a North American themed ride.

The funny thing is that people joke about Avatar being Pocahontas with blue people.
Oh totally, it wouldn't work in the location it is currently but the ride itself would lend itself nicely to a Pocahontas themed ride. It's slow and would go nicely with the music from the movie.

I guess, in a weird way, I can see how they can compare Avatar to Pocahontas...gives one pause to think 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom