Did TWDC Ever Consider a Pocahontas Ride?

bdearl41

Unpopular opinion...but obviously the story behind Splash Mountain has its issues. I feel a re-theme of splash mountain fits Pocohantas or Princess and the Frog quite easily. I know that would make a lot of folks mad but...also would probably be a great publicity move by Disney. Nervous about the responses this gets.

Parker in NYC

Unpopular opinion...but obviously the story behind Splash Mountain has its issues. I feel a re-theme of splash mountain fits Pocohantas or Princess and the Frog quite easily. I know that would make a lot of folks mad but...also would probably be a great publicity move by Disney. Nervous about the responses this gets.

2915660915_f1f2145d37_b.jpg

Kate F

If there’s anything that’ll make me crawl out of the woodworks on this site, it’s statements like this.

Kate F

Yeah let’s just change one of the most popular rides at the resort even though there’s nothing offensive about it in itself just because a small amount of people are for some reason bothered by it.

bdearl41

Yeah let’s just change one of the most popular rides at the resort even though there’s nothing offensive about it in itself just because a small amount of people are for some reason bothered by it.
I simply said it’s not without its issues story wise. Look I love the ride. I’m simply saying that is the type of ride that would support a Pocohantas story.

Heppenheimer

Let me see, Zipidee Doo-dah, How Do You Do, and The Laughin' Place vs. Just Around the River Bend and Colors of the Wind? No contest, the first three are joyous, high energy jaunts suitable for a thrill ride. The other two? Great, if you want to put the riders to sleep.

Kate F

Also just wanna say, I don’t think any people who propose retheming Splash Mountain take the following into consideration:
B0929D62-BA9A-4860-8E8A-7A460ACD3ED4.jpeg

5F93A083-7C00-45D9-B477-D61A22212DD3.jpeg

Yeah I don’t think it’s as easy to change as they suggest

TrainsOfDisney

Splash to Princess & the Frog makes a lot of sense and would be relatively easy to do.

Let’s not forget that it’s called splash mountain as a reference to the movie splash.

Kate F

Splash to Princess & the Frog makes a lot of sense and would be relatively easy to do.

Let’s not forget that it’s called splash mountain as a reference to the movie splash.
If you’re gonna suggest that, at least have it be DL’s only, at least it’s right beside NOS there. WDWs is untouchable as far as I’m concerned.

Edit: Not that I approve of changing DLs either, despite caring less about that version.

Edit 2.0: Please don’t think I at all support any Splash Mountain getting rethemed, it’s my favorite. I actually regret making this post.

Last edited:

Kate F

Now can this thread please get back to the topic of an original Pocahontas ride idea before I blow a gasket?

TrainsOfDisney

splash as princess and frog is really too easy the more I think about it. They already have frog and gator AA’s. It’s virtually the same setup. The showboat finale is perfect.

Adding a princess IP (and a diverse one at that) to an already popular attraction is really a win-win.

Kate F

I just really hate these kinds of conversations. I admit I’m overreacting a bit, but I really don’t want anything to happen to my favorite ride.

Kate F

splash as princess and frog is really too easy the more I think about it. They already have frog and gator AA’s. It’s virtually the same setup. The showboat finale is perfect.

Adding a princess IP (and a diverse one at that) to an already popular attraction is really a win-win.
“It’s not what I want to see” Sure buddy

General Mayhem

I just really hate these kinds of conversations. I admit I’m overreacting a bit, but I really don’t want anything to happen to my favorite ride.
Nothing's going happen to Splash mountain, especially when the animated film in question (PatF) made less than $300 million in the box office. They're not going to take out an iconic ride for something that isn't a top dollar IP.

TrainsOfDisney

Nothing's going happen to Splash mountain, especially when the animated film in question (PatF) made less than $300 million in the box office. They're not going to take out an iconic ride for something that isn't a top dollar IP.

Well I don’t see it happening either for various reasons but this is 1 of the 3 brands they focus on in the castle show, along with Tangled and Frozen so Disney definitely considers it a major brand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom