Did my online ADRs this morning!

Phonedave

So you CAN make ressies for T-Rex then. I keep getting mixed messages about that one. Can you book it through Disney dining or is it direct to the T-Rex number?

Does anyone have an idea if walk ups are feasible at T-rex? It's one of those places that if we get it, great and if not I won't be crushed and we usually don't plan a DD day, juts whichever day we decide to get away from the parks and fulfill our shopping fetish (I am going on a girls trip after all) :D

It will only be for 3 people and it's over the free dining so I was hoping it would actually be one of the less busy sit down options since it's not on the DDP.

So whaddaya think? Am I going to be able to walk in and get a table?

I called them directly. My reservation "number" is my name, as opposed to a normal WDW reservation

Normaly I would not think about eating in a place like T-Rex, but my 10 y/o wanted to try it, so there you go :)

-dave

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
LOL

would you believe that I did try. :)

I don't hate the place, really. I just don't get the hype. I would have swapped out Teppan Edo for Le Cellier

-dave

Maybe after I eat there 3 times Ill feel differently. I hope not because I REALLY REALLY liked it.

mike7904

glad to hear you got what you were looking for. we will be down 9/19 -9/26 and will be trying LTT, 50's primetime, Le Cellier, Coral Reef and Chef Mickeys as well. Have fun

Yeah I was super ed cause I got up for nothing...

My last meal is gonna depends on Octobers hours really. Because My last day is the 4th and the 3rd is the last day Im gonna use a TS meal. I wish they would get rolling with this.

We have the same problem, we will be there Sept.26 - Oct.4, I should be able to do my ADRis tomorrow but I don't know what the night EMH will be for the first 3 days in Oct. :confused: Anyone have any clue? The last day AK has EMH is Sept. 25 so It must have EMH one of those days ....:shrug:

JohnMan

Wow - I have had pretty much the opposite luck with the online ADRs. It's not all bad, but I wasn't blown away by an awesome experience.

Quick summary of my experience:

The Bad:
  • Sometimes the restaurant details were blank when a search was brought back.
  • Confusing use of check boxes on the search screen. If you select two locations from two separate groupings (like Magic Kingdom and Polynesian Resort) the search comes back with nothing.
  • Still cannot retrieve my reservations online after they were booked. Was told today by an operator that they're still having issues retrieving reservations for display on the Web site.
  • Seems like there's no intuitive way to get back to your "shopping cart" after you add a potential reservation. The only way I could to it was to add another reservation.

The Good:
  • Having alternatives show up with times if your reservation request ended up being booked. This was way better than trying to come up with other places on the phone.
  • No toll call fees! :)

I know this is a new system and there's almost always something that goes wrong once you hit a production environment (I know - I'm a software engineer). So I'm willing to cut the initial release a little slack. But overall the usability, particularly the search features, could use a little more work. And it should never be completely unintuitive to get to a shopping cart.

Now for the crying part - I didn't get my top three choices either (La Cellier, Castle Breakfast, or Ohana) for our entire 7 day stay. Needless to say I'll be hammering the reservation system at least twice a day until we leave :hammer:

But I still can't wait to get to my favorite vacation destination! WOO HOO! See you September 22-29 - PORFQ.

Phonedave

Confusing use of check boxes on the search screen. If you select two locations from two separate groupings (like Magic Kingdom and Polynesian Resort) the search comes back with nothing.

The rules are additive in the check box search

You were asking it to show all locations that are in the Magic Kingdom AND in the Poly = the union of which is of course zero

I agree, it would be more usefull the other way around. If you wanted to see what is available at the MK and also along the Monorail loop as well, you will need 4 seperate searches.

-dave

WishIwasThere

• Still cannot retrieve my reservations online after they were booked. Was told today by an operator that they're still having issues retrieving reservations for display on the Web site.
When you go to 'my vacation' or is it 'my reservations'. I had to type in the reservation numbers that I go in the emails and then all my reservations were listed on the page.

chwilson88

Blackthidot, why did you not choose many dinner times? Do you just like eating late afternoon for the big meal? Just curious. Want to make sure you weren't limited to that certain timeframe due to traffic.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Blackthidot, why did you not choose many dinner times? Do you just like eating late afternoon for the big meal? Just curious. Want to make sure you weren't limited to that certain timeframe due to traffic.

My gf and I are not really big breakfast eaters. So what we did last year was get up, go to the park around 11-12 get a small snack, then eat dinner, then finish off with our CS meal.

Another big thing is we like to park hop. If we eat a early meal then we still have plenty of time to catch fireworks, Fantasmic, Spectromagic...and doing lots of stuff before that. After eating a big meal Im kinda beat for about an hour. Id rather eat at 2, chill till 330 or 4 after eating depending how long it takes to eat then I have the rest of the night to do whatever...

Online booking was amazing... 5am central I was up and ready and got everything I wanted for my trip on 9/30-10/7....
9/30 - Le Cellier (Dinner) ... at 4:20 , I was shocked but so happy!!!
10/1 - Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
10/2 - Les Chefs de France (Dinner)
10/3 - Sci-Fi Dine In (Lunch)
10/4 - Chef Mickey's (Dinner)
10/5 - The Coral Reef (Dinner)
10/6 - Narcoossee's (Dinner)
10/7 - leaving open for a lunch at Downtown Disney probably

Figments Friend

I tried this new feature last night on the WDW website. I spent about 45 mins lining up everything, but when i hit the button to confirm/finalize the bookings my screen went blank. I ended up having to go back and rebook all over again, but alas, the same thing happened. I have a slow connection, but i have never had issues on the WDW website when it comes to booking a trip, selecting choices, purchases, etc. So it was a bit of a drag..having spent all that time getting nowhere!

This afternoon i book my Dining Reservations the 'old fashioned way'....via telephone, talking to a Cast Member! I have to say it was a lovely experience, and a lot more personal and FUN! I booked all the ressies in less then 15 mins and did not have to wait longer then a minute to talk to some one. It was a happier ending when compared to the previous nights' experience.

So much for 'modern technology...' ha ha! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom