Did HP abandon Mission: SPACE?

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
I noticed when I last went to EPCOT Center that there was a lack of signage where there used to be HP Logos. I know Hewlett-Packard split into HP and HPE a while back so that may add to it. Anyone have any news or wonder what will replace it? Hopefully not a GotG ride. :( Maybe they'll bring the space back to it's former glory, or maybe it will become what UoE is post-Exxon.

Cmdr_Crimson

This ride needs the mission to have randomized events. After you ride it once, there isn't much to bring you back.
You accomplish your test to Mars. But, Lt. Dan dies a little inside...
qJpn02X.gif

Phil12

Rides don't need sponsors anymore and most companies don't want to sponsor attractions anymore. Rumors say the attraction will be getting an update so I think its here to stay for 5-15 years.
That's right. There's no reason why this attraction can't be converted into "Rocket Raccoon's Wild Ride!".

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
The only remaining reference (as of this month, at least) is the monitor right before you enter the gift shop that displays an animation with HP's logo. Other than that, the HP logo has been removed from the signs and M:S doesn't have a sponsor listed in park maps

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
The only remaining reference (as of this month, at least) is the monitor right before you enter the gift shop that displays an animation with HP's logo. Other than that, the HP logo has been removed from the signs and M:S doesn't have a sponsor listed in park maps
I was wondering where all the HP stuff went, but I saw that and thought HP was still sponsoring and they were adding new signage. Then I saw Wikipedia.

RAXIP

I noticed when I last went to EPCOT Center that there was a lack of signage where there used to be HP Logos. I know Hewlett-Packard split into HP and HPE a while back so that may add to it. Anyone have any news or wonder what will replace it? Hopefully not a GotG ride. :( Maybe they'll bring the space back to it's former glory, or maybe it will become what UoE is post-Exxon.
On the other hand, HPE is the sponsor of Star Wars Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios and Disneyland.

breakin2

So I'm guessing you don't go to WDW often since most rides stay the same each time you ride them.
This is different than a regular ride. It's an interactive story where you play a role. After the first time, you realize it doesn't matter if you push any buttons on time - it's going to end the same every time. Star Tours does a great job of making each ride different. Why can't this ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom