Rumor Did Disney Put in an Order for 50 Parade Float Chassis?

Magenta Panther

My analysis: Iger is starting to feel the heat over inadequate expansion during the last 10 years, so he told everybody to "circle the wagons."

Everybody looked around and said, "Boss, we got rid of all the wagons."

Iger said: "You better get some stinking* wagons! And then circle them!"

Hence, an order for 50 wagons.

*Euphemism

LOL!

Wish I could believe that Iger gives a damn about the parks, but *cough* yeti...

tirian

brb1006

MK deserves an original daytime and nighttime parade. Let’s pretend we’re Tokyo and design the best for once, mmmkay?
The most impressive looking float at WDW from the past would have to be the large boat float seen in Mickey's All America Birthday Parade.
hqdefault.jpg

jrhwdw

Disneyland Paris at new year kicked out basically everything it owns in one hour long show.

Daily Parade, Halloween, Christmas, Stars in Cars, random show floats. Literally everything. It seemed odd at the time however they done a ton of timing with it and guests loved it as a one off.

Wait times around the park plummeted before and after due to queue up time for it and during it.

I wonder if someone’s doing a cost analysis of parades vs crowds and it’s worked?
TDL did Countdown Parades for years! It was the full route long! Parade in, Showstop, Auld Lang Syne, Countdown, Fireworks(No screaming)Parade out. My kind of NYE! I like Fantasy and ROE, I just don't get all the screaming, You don't get to hear Auld Lang Syne or the show music sometimes.

TDSn had NYE Spectaculars as well but they ended in 2010, prob. because of the 2011 Earthquake, TDR still does Auld Lang Syne, Countdown and the fireworks are now called New Day, New Dreams. The sountrack is great and wished it could be use more often! Also wish the NYE Spectaculars would come back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom