Did anyone record the Parade?!

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
So, I TOTALLY forgot to watch the Christmas Parade, the ONE THING I look forward to on Christmas Day. Does anyone know where I can watch it online??? Please, I am desperate!

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
I'm sure it'll be up on youtube later today! :lol:

....and really? That's the ONE thing you look forward to? :p ;)
Yep. I live in Ohio, loathe it, and don't have a family. So yeah, The Christmas Parade is what I look forward to for the scenery of the parks. I suppose it's ok though because I'll be living in Orlando next year.

Adventure

During the parade they would announce after some of the performances that if you would like to see it again go to disney.com/celebrate maybe if you can't see all of it you can catch some of it there. Good luck.

sweetpee_1993

I tried using that link they kept mentioning to go watch the Mary Poppins song/dance again because it was soooo amazing but can't find it. The Mary Poppins stuff from the parade is bits of the performance with mostly the actors/actresses talking about their experience. Dangit!

captainkidd

To be honest, it kind of stunk. A bunch of tenny-boppers lip synching.

It's basically just a 2 hour commercial for Disney World, which to be honest, I think is kind of cheesey, but I actually prefer to a parade.

tecowdw

And isn't time for Regis & Kelly to scoot? They always seem so unrehearsed! It is SOOO obvious that they are reading cue cards (and seems like for the first time even). Their "interactions" just come off so corny! And I saw in old footage that Regis use to walk around and talk to guests - maybe they should at least try that again. Give those hosts some LIFE! My gosh, they're at Disney World for cripes sakes - act like it!
:rolleyes:
(Plus I here, FWIW, Regis isn't overly friendly on site anyway.)

Ryan Seacrest does a MUCH better job!

captainkidd

And isn't time for Regis & Kelly to scoot? They always seem so unrehearsed! It is SOOO obvious that they are reading cue cards (and seems like for the first time even). Their "interactions" just come off so corny! And I saw in old footage that Regis use to walk around and talk to guests - maybe they should at least try that again. Give those hosts some LIFE! My gosh, they're at Disney World for cripes sakes - act like it!
:rolleyes:
(Plus I here, FWIW, Regis isn't overly friendly on site anyway.)

Ryan Seacrest does a MUCH better job!

Yeah, they're the 2 most uninspired hosts of any parade I've ever seen. I'm not a huge Seacrest fan, but at least he doesn't come off as fake.

Tiggerfanatic

I, too, was unimpressed with the parade. Like someone else said, it was basically just a 2-hour commercial for Disney - very little parade footage and a lot of talking heads.

I have just about all the parades taped from the first year till now and the last 5 or 6 years that they have been taping it in early Dec. have not been good. It is like some one else said it is like a two hour ad. The 80's had much more of the christmas parade in it with a bit of the new stuff. Now it is just a ad with a bit of christmas inclueded.:xmas:

eroyee

I totally agree with getting rid of Regis and Kelly. Get someone more "disney-like", though, at this time, I cant think of anyone I would like to see.....

Computer Magic

I, too, was unimpressed with the parade. Like someone else said, it was basically just a 2-hour commercial for Disney - very little parade footage and a lot of talking heads.
To be fair, isn't that why the parade started 25 years ago? Disney is great about marketing itself and that is what the parade is for. Didn't Walt advertise his vision of the parks to be built? For me the parade is to get a look at my favorite place to visit understanding it's a marketing ploy to get people to visit.

mpaul32001

I totally agree with getting rid of Regis and Kelly. Get someone more "disney-like", though, at this time, I cant think of anyone I would like to see.....

Heck, get the Disney Gang to host it. Mickey and Minnie can be where Regis and Kelly usually sit. You could get the rest of the main gang to cover the other host positions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom