Diapers

disneyliv85

Original Poster
We keep this in the diaper bag:

http://www.target.com/dp/B001QKBJI0...=bottom-6&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101

it is more organized than having plastic bags randomly in the diaper bag.

or these can be clipped on to a strap to make it even easier to get:

http://www.target.com/Munchkin-Diap...rowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&rank=price&rh=&page=1

Another thing. Are you bringing a car seat and checking it? If so it does not count towards your checked luggage allowance. We have something like this(we don't have this particular brand but it is similar. Our's has wheels):

http://www.target.com/dp/B001CWVYMI...=bottom-6&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101

If you are bringing the car seat and using a travel bag, you can put the diapers in there. We always pack a bunch of stuff in the car seat travel bag on the seat of the car seat. It is a great way to get around these luggage restrictions.

We are not bringing a car seat but that is a good idea for future trips!! Thank you! I also had no idea it didn't count towards my checked luggage, that is nice.

erstwo

If you aren't bringing a car seat then you are going to need this:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=323&cmSource=Search

You'll lose your mind trying to keep a wiggly 1 year old on your lap. Plus you can never be too safe. Personally, after over 100 airline flights with my children, I think it is WAY worth it to pay for their own seat. Once they start crawling/ pulling up it's all over. They want to get DOWN. :hammer: But they are used to being tied down in their car seat. But I do understand that it is cost prohibitive. :)

About diapers - bring a minimum of 6 on the plane ride. You'll need one right before you board and one right after and 4 extra for good luck. DS once went through 4 (FOUR!!!) on a one hour, fifteen minute flight to Chicago (and it wasn't #1 either :(:() We had to take him off the plane naked. :lol: FYI - there are baby changing stations over the toilet in the airplane bathroom.

mickey7879

You'll lose your mind trying to keep a wiggly 1 year old on your lap. Plus you can never be too safe. Personally, after over 100 airline flights with my children, I think it is WAY worth it to pay for their own seat. Once they start crawling/ pulling up it's all over. They want to get DOWN. :hammer: But they are used to being tied down in their car seat. But I do understand that it is cost prohibitive. :)

About diapers - bring a minimum of 6 on the plane ride. You'll need one right before you board and one right after and 4 extra for good luck. DS once went through 4 (FOUR!!!) on a one hour, fifteen minute flight to Chicago (and it wasn't #1 either :(:() We had to take him off the plane naked. :lol: FYI - there are baby changing stations over the toilet in the airplane bathroom.

We went on Allegiant Air and they didn't have baby changing stations in the bathrooms. So, you might want to check with your airline to see if they have them or not so you will know what your options are.

We were the very first ones to board the plane and wouldn't you know it, our son needed to be changed again, so I asked the flight attendant if they had changing tables in there and she said no, but to just change him on a seat in the back before everyone boarded and then just give the diaper to her. On the way home though he did #2 and needed to be changed and we were halfway through the flight. Our flight was a non-stop the whole way, so we had to change him right where we were. Luckily we had purchased the extra seat for him, so we had the room to do it. Still crowded, but we mananged ok.

disneyliv85

Original Poster

I wish we had the money to purchase an extra seat for her but we're lucky to be able to go to Disney in the first place! I know she is going to get antsy but we scheduled an early flight and her mood is always best in the morning so hopefully we will all survive!

You poor thing - 4 changes in one hour! I will definitely be bringing as many diapers as I can and pray that doesn't happen to me :hammer: Does anyone know if AirTran has changing stations? Seems like something all airplanes would have! Insane

Heatherbell

Wow, really good tips, thanks!

We are traveling to WDW with our 7 (almost 8) month old in March. Yes...we are going to be THOSE people. Haha.

It's funny when my husband and I first got married we looked at couples with their babies and chuckled and had a lot of sympathy...now we are going to be that couple :lol:

As for the diapers I was wondering the same thing, but from reading posts here and other sites I decided to UPS everything. I was really nervous and talked to the UPS lady for like 20 minutes but she made me feel better ( I was SURE that the package was going to get lost and I'd be stuck in WDW without my necessities). Anyway, I am going to UPS ground it. I will buy everything at my local Walmart and send it (diapers, formula, wipes, baby food, swimmers etc). The woman at UPS gave me a rough estimate and said for a 10lb box it would cost me about $12 in shipping. So not too bad. And of course I am going to pack a little extra of everything in my carry-on for the trip.

Good luck!

jewils

Hey there
I've traveled 3 times now with babies/toddlers.
1) I found that taking a thermos with us was very helpful for having warm water on hand for formula bottles. There's only one baby center per park, and we never wanted to hike to the entrance where they're located to get hot water there.
2) I also recommend gardengrocier.com. We have them deliver diapers, wipes, snacks, and water to our room ($50 min order). I also love bibsters for babies eating baby/table food. I take a box of those with us and then also take table toppers with us. Not that the restaurants aren't clean, but it's nice to have a clean area for my toddler to eat table food from.
3) I've also taken nightlights for night time feedings.
4) Oh and pack and play sheets are nice to take with you.
5) And we take a bottle brush and $8 bottle drying rack with us, plus a small shampoo sized container of dish soap.
6) I take a popup child's hamper with us to put dirty clothes in. ($8 Dora the Explorer from my daughter's room)
7) We always have connecting rooms with family. This may expose my OCD, but I pack my kids outfits up into ziplock bags. That way I can send a child over to my parent's room with a bag and they can help get us dressed and out the door faster.

I've got other ideas, but don't want to bore you

disneyliv85

Original Poster
you're not boring us! I can use all the help I can get!

I love the ziplock bag idea. I'm not a neat freak or anything but it makes so much sense to have it all organized like that.

Does Disney use cribs or pack n plays? I don't even own a pack n play (I must be the only one!) but I was gonna bring a crib sheet from home to make my daughter more comfy.

bugsbunny

I shipped them along with all the food, etc. The $20-$30 it cost to ship it FAR outweighed the suitcase method.

Also, Garden Grocer ROCKS! Take advantage if you can.

disneyliv85

Original Poster
Thanks for the website! Now I just have to weigh all my options and choose something, yikes! I do have until May though

wdweric2.0

We also ordered diapers and breakfast food from garden grocer for our trip this weekend, got a call tonight confirming our order. hope everything works out good!

clc053103

I needed a potty seat (peculiar DS would only #2 in a particular potty!) and nightime pull ups. Ordered from drugstore.com with free shipping to the hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom