DHS Soundstage 4 demo

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
From Mouseplanet:

Imagineering has filed three permit applications, for a Fantasyland DVC Marquee, a Blizzard Beach Snow Ball Marquee and Demolition of the interior of Soundstage 4 at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

It`s already closed, but Goodbye Narnia?!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*cues Heidi Klum in a flouncy black dress and both the Backlot Tour and Narnia in pool on light on the runway - dramatic music*

Heidi: Backlot Tour and Narnia, neither of you really impressed us this week.. Both of you know, in Disney's Hollywood Studios, like fashion, one day you're in, the next, you're out.

Backlot Tour, you're sad and pathetic, but at least you're honest. Narnia - you're a joke and you bewilder people and leave them feeling completely ripped off as you dump them back outside. Backlot Tour.. you're safe.

That means Narnia, you're out. Auf wiedersehen.

WeLComeHomE OKW

From what I know, this just means they are retooling the old Narnia set and putting in Prince Caspian stuff.

This narnia "attraction" will the be thing that always dies, but always comes back.

I believe they are making SEVEN films, so...put on your seatbelt.

Its gonna be a long, and boring ride...with many disappointing guests who were hoping for a 'narnia' ride and got a commercial that lasts far too long.

The MaD Hatter

From what I know, this just means they are retooling the old Narnia set and putting in Prince Caspian stuff.

This narnia "attraction" will the be thing that always dies, but always comes back.

Its gonna be a long, and boring ride...with many disappointing guests who were hoping for a 'narnia' ride and got a commercial that lasts far too long.

You're probably right, which is unfortunate because they could build an awesome Narnia-themed dark ride somewhere else at DHS as opposed to keep redoing this lame excuse of an "attraction."

If they'd rip out the Backlot Tour, they could probably do an entire Narnia-themed land to rival the Harry Potter land at IOA.

jmuboy

I agree - I could be wrong. But I am guessing that the Naria demo is to facilitate the installation of Narnia sets from the 2nd movie. we could be wrong and this might turn out to be the next Pixar attraction as part of the Pixar Place mini theme area. I'd love to see Laugh Floor moved here. Great show but does not fit in TL.

jmuboy

And a side note - what is this snow ball marquee adn where in FL are they adding another tacky DVC stall?

baz212

If they'd rip out the Backlot Tour, they could probably do an entire Narnia-themed land to rival the Harry Potter land at IOA.
I hope not. If they're gonna rip out Backlot Tour a villian themed area would be much better. The Narnia series is not as popular as Harry Potter. I work in a public library and our circulation of Potter books and movies is 5 times that of Narnia. 4 times if you only look at the first Potter movie.

nerdboyrockstar

*cues Heidi Klum in a flouncy black dress and both the Backlot Tour and Narnia in pool on light on the runway - dramatic music*

Heidi: Backlot Tour and Narnia, neither of you really impressed us this week.. Both of you know, in Disney's Hollywood Studios, like fashion, one day you're in, the next, you're out.

Backlot Tour, you're sad and pathetic, but at least you're honest. Narnia - you're a joke and you bewilder people and leave them feeling completely ripped off as you dump them back outside. Backlot Tour.. you're safe.

:lol:

You're crazy.

jt04

You're probably right, which is unfortunate because they could build an awesome Narnia-themed dark ride somewhere else at DHS as opposed to keep redoing this lame excuse of an "attraction."

Very good idea!

sknydave

I remember the first time I went into Journey into Narnia... Walked through the closet door and I was like woah this is awesome! Then I heard from the witch and saw a movie trailer :( :(

jakeman

Yeah I usually don't jump on the sucky attraction bandwagon, because I figure different strokes for different folks.

The Narnia attraction is disappointing in almost every way possible to me.

I think if it was solely a backstage look at the film or a true attraction then it would get more of a pass.

hauntdmansion79

Narnia is one of those MGM/Hollywood Studios "attractions" they have always had. I remember one time going 10 years ago when they had a Flubber exhibit there and they pitched it as an attraction. Walt's One Man Dream was not bad though. I like the idea someone had of moving The Laugh Floor to that location so to keep the Pixar attractions together and reduce them in other parks.

Oh and by the way, there is NO WAY that Narnia could compete with Harry Potter. A Narnia land vs. Harry Potter land would be like the New England Patriots vs. The New York Giants.......oh wait a second, scratch that :(.

dizzney

You're right, the Narnia attraction was not worth the time,

ANd Prince Caspian debuts in May, so its probably a retool with sets fromt eh new movie,

You are right Narnia will never be what HP is, but it is a good story and it can be a good attraction if they spent the necessary time and money on it.

AlishaMisha

Narnia is one of those MGM/Hollywood Studios "attractions" they have always had. I remember one time going 10 years ago when they had a Flubber exhibit there and they pitched it as an attraction. Walt's One Man Dream was not bad though. I like the idea someone had of moving The Laugh Floor to that location so to keep the Pixar attractions together and reduce them in other parks.

Oh and by the way, there is NO WAY that Narnia could compete with Harry Potter. A Narnia land vs. Harry Potter land would be like the New England Patriots vs. The New York Giants.......oh wait a second, scratch that :(.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

hack2112

Merf, you so totally rock.

Swoosh

Quite honestly I would love for Laugh Floor to come to DHS from the MK. It would fit in a lot better than where it is currently at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom