DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

DisDan

This should've been at most a 1 year job. The frickin building was already there and TSMM isn't exactly a complicated ride. There's so many build time comparisons I could make it's insane, to both modern and classic Disney.
There could have been some internal delays as they had to prep the ride for integration into TSL. Perhaps there were some layout details that were not solidified? Just guessing here, but I'm sure the TSL integration played a part in the length of this addition.

Miketic

Rode it today, not much changed in the ride but part of the queue was changed with the Mr. Potato area and the wall to the right of it are walled off.
2016-03-16 20.05.37.jpg

Jon81uk

Oh I know what you meant. I wonder if they will keep the ones by the Monsters Inc M&G open or not. Even if there's walls in the area, maybe create a path so those can stay open.
Everything from Muppets back and from Toy Story back will be closed. So restrooms in those areas shouldn't be needed if there are no guests in the area. I assume once Toy Story Land opens they will add some new ones.

ToTBellHop

Everything from Muppets back and from Toy Story back will be closed. So restrooms in those areas shouldn't be needed if there are no guests in the area. I assume once Toy Story Land opens they will add some new ones.
And yet 30,000 guests per day need facilities.

Jon81uk

And yet 30,000 guests per day need facilities.

But bathrooms in a section of the park that isn't open won't solve that.
Only two sets will close, the ones next to backlot tour and the ones for Lights Motors Action. There are plenty of others and the busiest section of the park (sunset boulevard) has three sets (RnR, ToT and half way along the street).

I think for the next five years DHS will be a bit of a mess. But hardly anyone went to spend time in streets of America once the backlot tour closed the only attraction worth going to the back in the park was Light Motors Action.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This should've been at most a 1 year job. The frickin building was already there and TSMM isn't exactly a complicated ride. There's so many build time comparisons I could make it's insane, to both modern and classic Disney.

The building was already there.. but if you go back and look at both TSMM build outs in cali and dhs... they dug the crap out of the floor and went deep for the track path. They probably did all that again, but within the constraints of an existing building. I doubt the enclosure did them a whole lot of good except from not having to detail the exterior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom