DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Meeko77

Did anyone catch the news report this past Saturday on the Orlando local ABC affiliate WFTV about the ride closing? As we know from wdwmagic.com, the closure will only be for ONE day, but the local affiliate implied that it would be closed until summer when the third track would open. Sad that the local affiliate had it so wrong.

brb1006

The first time I rode it I was fully expecting cardboard cutouts. I had never seen any ride videos or spoilers and had no long lines or break downs. I agree it could be longer, only because it was so good, I didn't want it to end.
I loved the MIB ride since when it spun at certain sections of the ride it actually felt fun.

BrianLo

A third track wouldnt be needed for Toy Story Mania if the park had more attractions. Once that park is expanded... whenever that will be, the third track will be a waste of space.

Yes it would, it just wouldn't be needed as badly. TSMM is a poorly designed capacity attraction for how popular it is. The only reason it skates by in DCA is the combination of lower attendance and higher number of attractions. It's equally a disaster in Tokyo despite a park with far more attractions.

Case in point, why does Star Tours have lower waits in a park with less attractions than compared to DL and TDL? A 50% increase in capacity makes a far bigger difference than the number of attractions in the park.

Mike S

Yes it would, it just wouldn't be needed as badly. TSMM is a poorly designed capacity attraction for how popular it is. The only reason it skates by in DCA is the combination of lower attendance and higher number of attractions. It's equally a disaster in Tokyo despite a park with far more attractions.

Case in point, why does Star Tours have lower waits in a park with less attractions than compared to DL and TDL? A 50% increase in capacity makes a far bigger difference than the number of attractions in the park.
The Japanese do love their video games as well.

Figment2005

I didn't remember seeing any other pictures recently, so here is Mr. Potatoheads corner as of last night.

Attachments

• IMG_20160224_183740.jpg
    IMG_20160224_183740.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 523

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom