DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

deWild

The longevity of this project, along with the comments in this thread, got me thinking. Could Disney be implementing the trackless ride system from Mystic Manor into the new third track? Also, if they do this, would it make sense to shut down the attraction for a bit and switch over the preexisting track into a trackless system as well? I know it's Disney we're talking about, but could they actually pull something like that off without shutting the ride down for more than a day or two?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The longevity of this project, along with the comments in this thread, got me thinking. Could Disney be implementing the trackless ride system from Mystic Manor into the new third track? Also, if they do this, would it make sense to shut down the attraction for a bit and switch over the preexisting track into a trackless system as well? I know it's Disney we're talking about, but could they actually pull something like that off without shutting the ride down for more than a day or two?

Trackless would be useless here. The ride doesn't really have any room for multiple paths etc.

Disney Analyst

Here's the thing... It really is impossible to tell when they actually started work on the 3rd track. Actual physical-construction work... Yes we've had guesses and ideas thrown out, and I'm sure someones knows someone who says they started on this date or that date. But because this is literally a project we have no eyes on at all, it's really hard to gauge how long the actual build time has taken.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's the thing... It really is impossible to tell when they actually started work on the 3rd track. Actual physical-construction work... Yes we've had guesses and ideas thrown out, and I'm sure someones knows someone who says they started on this date or that date. But because this is literally a project we have no eyes on at all, it's really hard to gauge how long the actual build time has taken.

The Notice of Commencement for it was filed on 9/24/2014. Actual work normally starts very close to that date, since that is the purpose of the Notice of Commencement.

Rob562

There could have been some internal delays as they had to prep the ride for integration into TSL. Perhaps there were some layout details that were not solidified? Just guessing here, but I'm sure the TSL integration played a part in the length of this addition.

I don't think most of the changes will come until closer to TSL opening, and pretty much all of those changes would be queue and boarding area related.

If they re-orient the attraction entrance to face the new land, the easiest way I can think of to handle the queue would be to flip the Load/Unload sides of the platforms so that the queues come from the (current) rear of the building into where the queue is now. The queue would then make their way toward the (current) front of the building and then split left/right and approach where the Unload platform is now. ADA access would still be to where it loads now.
Exiting the ride would then go up the stairs, over the track and back down to exit out the back of the building. There would be two exit paths (one on either side of the queue), but they'd still exit much closer together than how far apart the current exit will be from the new track's (temporary until TSL opens) exit will probably be.

-Rob

TangledUpInKnots

Sorry for this potentially stupid question and maybe I missed it but I did try to look, will they have to close the ride down for any length of time again during adding the third track? I know it was closed for a day a couple weeks ago but wasn't sure if they would have to do it again in the near future.

Zipadeelady

Here's another stupid question that I'm quite sure the answer is here somewhere but 124 pages is a lot to go through.

When is the 3rd track supposedly going to be up and running?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry for this potentially stupid question and maybe I missed it but I did try to look, will they have to close the ride down for any length of time again during adding the third track? I know it was closed for a day a couple weeks ago but wasn't sure if they would have to do it again in the near future.
Unknown at this time. I would say it's likely.

roj2323

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I walked past the sound stage today and not much has changed but there was one that was worthy of mentioning. The entire area has had inserts cemented into the concrete for extended cue stanchions. The holes do line up with the current outdoor cue to the left of the toy story ride entrance and were so new the cement still looked green (a couple of days old at most) and the caps were all shiney brass still.

Acidsplat

Wish I could have seen the inside before the internal construction for the track. Something about abandoned buildings that still have things like equipment from a prior purpose is just fascinating to me.

There was a video on YouTube detailing the construction of TSMM and how they removed the backlot tour walkways from Soundstage 2 when building the front of the attraction. And there's still that bridge connecting Soundstage 3 and 4. Do the old walkways still exist in 1, 3, and/or 4? If so, would someone just reach a dead end by the time they got to 2 from either side?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom