DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

doctornick

The walkway between TSMM and the back of the Great Movie Ride is already congested. Adding another popular ride could make it worse. Hope they consider it when planning.

I think it is a valid thought -- though anything new would be popular by default -- when it comes to deciding what to put there. In my opinion, the sensible thing would be to quickly put a smaller scale C-ticket dark ride into that area (like one of the Monsters Inc rides). Something that can be built relatively quickly to increase capacity and not require significant modification to the show building (I believe the door coaster, for example, involved annexing a bunch of space behind the building to fit). DHS needs increased capacity yesterday so doing something quickly in that space should be a priority.

While that's going on, they can use the substantial footprint of the BLT to build a bigger E-ticket draw (whether a clone like Ratatouille or a novel E-ticket like one based on The Incredibles or whatever) as well as potentially some smaller flat rides or dark rides. That build would by nature take longer if only for site clearing as well as potential infrastructure placement.

My point is: I don't expect Ratatouile to go in Soundstage 1, but it doesn't mean that something along that scale couldn't go somewhere in an expanded Pixar Place.

DisDan

You can see a lit of some of the entertainment related projects they have done here:

http://www.whiting-turner.com/portfolio/industry/arts&ent/arts.html

But, the quality of the final product is going to be much more dependent on the design and funding then on who is going to build it.

I have ridden the Intimidator 305 Coaster that they designed and it is one of the best Coasters I have ever ridden. Awesome ride...sooo fast and smooth and the ride vehicles made you feel like you were strapped int a race car. Very cool.

Mawg

I don't think it will be Ratatouille, let's face it they'll some day put this in WS in the France pavilion. And, they'll probably put the monsters inc coaster between two countries in WS so that you enter from one country end up in monstropolis and leave through another country. This way they can still close DHS completely.

doctornick

it was his baby

I kind of thought so. Which makes it interesting to me that Fitzgerald would be part of a crew touring DHS since isn't he in charge of WDI for Epcot specifically? Isn't there a creative chief equivalent to Fitz for DHS already?

His presence at least makes me wonder about Ratatouille being brought to DHS. Are there other Pixar rides that he had been involved in the development?

habuma

what about an Up dark ride?

Interesting thought because I was just thinking the same thing. While I'd love to see this somewhat mythical Monsters Inc Door Coaster, I have doubts that's what this will be. Seems a bit ambitious and...maybe I'm wrong, but...I'm not sure if any meaningful coaster ride could vertically fit in that building. The roofline seems awful low for a coaster to me.

That led me to thinking about dark rides in that space. The Monsters Inc ride in DCA is nice and all, but hardly anything to get terribly excited about. What might be slightly more interesting is Peter Pan's Flight clone themed to Monsters Inc and with doors instead of pirate ships. And then that led me to thinking about other Pixar franchises that might fit in there and ended up with a PPF clone themed to Up with balloon-flying houses instead of pirate ships.

Don't get me wrong. I want to believe something incredibly groundbreaking is coming to DHS. I'm just not convinced it will be in that building. I expect something familiar, but perhaps themed in a new way.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm fairly confident blueprints were, in fact, made.

Well to develop it to any significant degree.. they would have to since the ride was a coaster :) I said 'no leaked [blue]prints' :) People have described it, but AFAIK no public site has posted any significant art or mechanical drawings for the concept.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I checked Whiting Turners website portfolio and didn't see anything related to Carsland. Wouldn't it make sense that if a Carsland was getting replicated to DHS that the same contractor would be used? Would seem to save money.

Not necessarily, but it's not really relevant to what is being discussed here since they clearly aren't going to build a clone of Carsland in Soundstage 1.

RSoxNo1

At that point you are rebuilding virtually the entire attraction besides the decorated queue.. why would you spend the full price of an attraction to not actually get anything more besides a reduced wait (maybe). The return for the spend is just so out of whack.
Except you don't have to worry about the queue, the Mr. Potato animatronic or the ADA compliance on the new track. To me, it looks like the simplest solution is to just build a 3rd track in Soundstage 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom