DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

raymusiccity

just because pace is increased, doesn't necessarily mean a decrease and quality.

Exactly! That's why you can build an enduring, quality project with sheer determination. (The Empire State Building was completed in just over a year, without cutting corners or taking any unusual risks!!!)
image.jpg

bhg469

Which one would that be sir? I'm serious. I don't know of any in the middle of the park, but, I might have forgotten something. Everything, other then the less then spectacular building housing Transformers, is on the peripheral of the parks. Not to mention that the standard of concern over fan reaction at Uni is much less then at Disney. Just think about how ape-crap everyone goes over the crane behind the Castle in spite of the demand for the Dream lights. At Disney it's all expected to be done by magic.
Yeah I do mean transformers. Ithe was built in less than a year while diagon alley was being built... so why weren't they stretched thin? Or do you think diagon alley isn't as good as anything Disney has built in 15 years?

Goofyernmost

Yeah I do mean transformers. Ithe was built in less than a year while diagon alley was being built... so why weren't they stretched thin? Or do you think diagon alley isn't as good as anything Disney has built in 15 years?
It certainly is, but, in my opinion, Uni is blowing the wad on new attractions. Unless they see a substantial increase in people in the parks, they will soon go back to less spending. Disney doesn't have to spend all at once, they have the luxury of spreading it out over a longer period of time. Just because some of us want it all right now, doesn't mean it is in the best interest of Disney to not spread it out and have new things open up over an extended period of time. In my mind budgets or fiscal years have absolutely minor influence in when things get started. The focus is on when they will open. They are now putting Uni in a position to keep opening new things over the next 5 or so years just to stay level.

That is done to not only control the numbers of people that might be there at the same time, but, to keep them coming back after new things are built. We do keep losing sight of the fact that those of us on the boards are a gigantic minority of the guests that go to either place. They are not demanding that everything be built all at once. Even I, as a fan, am not demanding that everything have the same opening date. The fact that they are finally moving on something is a positive thing that gets passed over by our "we want it now" mentality.

Last edited:

matt9112

That depends on how you define quickly. Some want SWL by next Christmas and that just isn't reasonable. I agree they build more slowly than they could, of course. Take RoL for example. That could be showing nightly by now if they wanted.

you know on these boards people often try to throw the Walt Disney name around. im not going to say "thats what walt would have done" BUT. walt pushed....always pushed harder and faster....bigger,better he would do everything he needed to bury the competition. two cents: bury them and pay for the wake.

WDWFanDave

Take this as you wish, as I cannot confirm any of it with my own eyes, but I did have some absolutely great conversations with CMs this past week at DHS, one in TSMM. I asked quite specifically about the third track, and they shared with me that it is in testing right now. I was pleasantly surprised to see the post from @wdwmagic soon thereafter! So, I do believe for a park that is short on capacity right now, they've done the right thing and moved this timetable to something that might help in the short term.

MagicHappens1971

Take this as you wish, as I cannot confirm any of it with my own eyes, but I did have some absolutely great conversations with CMs this past week at DHS, one in TSMM. I asked quite specifically about the third track, and they shared with me that it is in testing right now. I was pleasantly surprised to see the post from @wdwmagic soon thereafter! So, I do believe for a park that is short on capacity right now, they've done the right thing and moved this timetable to something that might help in the short term.
Testing? That sounds a little off.

Goofyernmost

9 and 3/4 months.

(come on.... you knew someone was going to say it. :D )
Jaws closed on January 2, 2012. Diagon opened on July 8, 2014. that is what @danlb_2000 stated below. I'd say quite a bit over 9 and 3/4 months. Two years and 6 months to be exact. You could add even more time if you were to assume that they knew what was going there before they closed Jaws. I think that they might have. Unlike Disney, they didn't announce what was going there until after they started construction. Site work is a part of construction.

(Come on.... you knew someone was going to say it. And yes I am a hoot!) BTW, it wasn't in the middle of the park either. That one had rear access.:D

29 months from the closing of Jaws to the opening of Diagon.

G00fyDad

Jaws closed on January 2, 2012. Diagon opened on July 8, 2014. that is what @danlb_2000 stated below. I'd say quite a bit over 9 and 3/4 months. Two years and 6 months to be exact. You could add even more time if you were to assume that they knew what was going there before they closed Jaws. I think that they might have. Unlike Disney, they didn't announce what was going there until after they started construction. Site work is a part of construction.

(Come on.... you knew someone was going to say it. And yes I am a hoot!) BTW, it wasn't in the middle of the park either. That one had rear access.:D

Recognize a joke. ;)

Goofyernmost

which they have.. yearly.. blowing their expectations again and again.
Not from the reports. From reports they have been disappointed with the results. They expected more. Besides, they just don't have the room for a lot more there so they are limited just in that aspect.
Recognize a joke. ;)
I do see it now, but, really your post did not indicate in any way that it was one, and even though I see what you were saying now... I wouldn't ever have been able to be aware that this is what you were referring too. Sorry, I'm still not sure how it fit in with the discussion, but, at least I see where it came from.

G00fyDad

I do see it now, but, really your post did not indicate in any way that it was one, and even though I see what you were saying now... I wouldn't ever have been able to be aware that this is what you were referring too. Sorry, I'm still not sure how it fit in with the discussion, but, at least I see where it came from.

No you don't, or you wouldn't have posted your last sentence. I was quoting a post referencing Diagon Alley from HP. Platform 9 and 3/4 is from HP... see the connection yet?

Goofyernmost

No you don't, or you wouldn't have posted your last sentence. I was quoting a post referencing Diagon Alley from HP. Platform 9 and 3/4 is from HP... see the connection yet?
Nope, do not see it when the question was how long did it take to build it. There might very well be a connection, but, I don't see it, nor do I have the ambition to pursue it. So, good joke, I guess and maybe others get it, however, I do not. I don't think I ever consciously was aware that it was Platform 9 and 3/4. Wouldn't have gotten it without knowing that and now that I know, I still don't get it, so we should just probably move along.:)

G00fyDad

Nope, do not see it when the question was how long did it take to build it. There might very well be a connection, but, I don't see it, nor do I have the ambition to pursue it. So, good joke, I guess and maybe others get it, however, I do not. I don't think I ever consciously was aware that it was Platform 9 and 3/4. Wouldn't have gotten it without knowing that and now that I know, I still don't get it, so we should just probably move along.:)

That would be a good idea. I'm not sure how much simpler I could explain it. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom