DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

GrumpyFan

Apparently, I missed a news announcement on here, saying that the third track could open this year.

Some recent information that has found its way to us however, suggests that the third track may in-fact be operational as soon as the end of this year, in 2015. An early opening would bring much needed capacity to the park for the busy holiday season.

The full announcement is here:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-track-to-open-much-earlier-than-expected.htm

If this holds, true, it may help answer my question regarding downtime.

doctornick

Introspection. Both the company at large and local management have come to the conclusion that DHS cannot wait 6 years for two new lands and longer for a third, so now we will get three lands in five years. No sacrifice in quality, just a vast reduction in the stagger between projects. This is why they are rushing things like the new villain stage show. Come 2016, guests will need SOMETHING to stay entertained away from the sea on construction walls.

This is seriously music to my ears. I hope it is accurate and remains the case.

co10064

Premium Member
Any updates on this project? I believe some insiders suggested it might be up and running for this holiday season?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
LOL
Yes, you are smarter than everybody who uses FP+ or waits over an hour in line and all come out smiling and having a great time. I understand that you are not fooled but apparently everybody else is. So I just suggest when assessing the DHS park, use the 95% rule. When assessing a ride for yourself, you can't be wrong.

We have it for our Wii as well - much better than waiting in line!

co10064

Premium Member
Someone said "work was finished behind walls"... Not exactly sure what they meant by this? Wish someone had some sort of update, we haven't seen one in a while

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Someone said "work was finished behind walls"... Not exactly sure what they meant by this? Wish someone had some sort of update, we haven't seen one in a while
I'm really interested to see what this does to standby times. In theory this should reduce standby. Would they have one track FP+ only and 2 standby ?

jeswins

Not joking. It is supposedly going to be two for FP+ and one for standby.
Technically there will NOT be FP only tracks and a Standby only track. All 3 tracks will be accessed AFTER the merge point of the FP and Standby lines as it is with every other attraction today. This maximizes efficiency in the event that there is a larger than expected variance in the number of fastpasses being used in a given window of time. For example, if the ride went down for a period of time, once the ride came back up, more capacity would be required for FP to accomodate the people who had fastpasses when the ride went down in addition to the fastpasses scheduled for the current time. Conversely, in the first 15 or so minutes of operation when there are few people using their fastpasses, having tracks designated as FP only would result in a longer standby line than necessary because ride vehicles on the 2 FP tracks wouldn't be full. The solution is to have the FP and standby lines merge before the line splits off into the three tracks so that the FP to Standby ratio can be adjusted on the fly as needed to maintain maximum efficiency.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Technically there will NOT be FP only tracks and a Standby only track. All 3 tracks will be accessed AFTER the merge point of the FP and Standby lines as it is with every other attraction today. This maximizes efficiency in the event that there is a larger than expected variance in the number of fastpasses being used in a given window of time. For example, if the ride went down for a period of time, once the ride came back up, more capacity would be required for FP to accomodate the people who had fastpasses when the ride went down in addition to the fastpasses scheduled for the current time. Conversely, in the first 15 or so minutes of operation when there are few people using their fastpasses, having tracks designated as FP only would result in a longer standby line than necessary because ride vehicles on the 2 FP tracks wouldn't be full. The solution is to have the FP and standby lines merge before the line splits off into the three tracks so that the FP to Standby ratio can be adjusted on the fly as needed to maintain maximum efficiency.
Thanks for that insight, makes sense.

Rob562

I'd say it'll probably be operated closer to what Pirates does now, where one side is strictly Standby and the other is FP+ but supplemented with Standby to keep the queue for that side filled with people ready to board.

-Rob

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Assuming you're joking
Two stand by lines would be stupid under the new My Magic + system. You know they want you to use that right? Now they can have twice as many FP+ reservations. But what Jeswins says is the most complete answer. It's after the merge point yes but they are definitely increasing (if not close to doubling) the number of FP+ for Toy Story Mania so if you have one, it's still more advantageous than not.

And this isn't a debate of liking FP+ or not ( I don't) I'm just telling you the only logical answer.

ToTBellHop

Two stand by lines would be stupid under the new My Magic + system. You know they want you to use that right? Now they can have twice as many FP+ reservations. But what Jeswins says is the most complete answer. It's after the merge point yes but they are definitely increasing (if not close to doubling) the number of FP+ for Toy Story Mania so if you have one, it's still more advantageous than not.

And this isn't a debate of liking FP+ or not ( I don't) I'm just telling you the only logical answer.
Exactly. In effect, FP will take 65-70% of total capacity. As usual. Total capacity will just rise to about 2000 guests/hour, where it should have always been.

Rob562

If the new track will be primarily for Standby, and the existing two tracks will be FP+, they won't be able to double the number of FP+ users. Right now the FP+ users make up 80-90% of the current capacity. So if they take away all the Standby users and move them to the new track, they'd only be able to add in that remaining 10-20% of the original capacity. That's far from doubling the FP+ slots given out.

-Rob

ToTBellHop

If the new track will be primarily for Standby, and the existing two tracks will be FP+, they won't be able to double the number of FP+ users. Right now the FP+ users make up 80-90% of the current capacity. So if they take away all the Standby users and move them to the new track, they'd only be able to add in that remaining 10-20% of the original capacity. That's far from doubling the FP+ slots given out.

-Rob
Your 80-90 number is made-up and absurd. Try 65-70%.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Isolating the queue sections would help, Charon's pit is horrid. Not enough distractions for the kids who just get louder, climb the rails, and saturate the WiFi so it's unusable. At least Mr Potatohead is on the other side of the wall now and out of service

RSoxNo1

Fastpass+ availability is typically in the 65-70% capacity for all attractions. At an attraction like Pirates the actual distribution is lower because some Fastpass+ doesn't get distributed, but at an attraction like Toy Story, distribution and usage is still in that 65-70% range.

Toy Story's capacity now is around 1100-1200, so this should bring it to around 1700-1800.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom