DHS Pixar Place Rumor in Need of Confirmation

World Traveler

Original Poster
Most people start these threads with "my friend told me," "an imagineer I tackled admitted," or "the bus driver said." Instead, we'll just skip that here since I don't want anybody in trouble for me blabbing. I just know that some people on here are in the know, and I'm wondering if one those "in the know" people can verify this information.

I have been informed of the following:

After Star Tours, DHS will receive several changes in order to expand Pixar Place. The queue for the Backlot Tour is supposedly going to be re-routed so that the entrance is on Streets of America. Pixar Place was told to me to be extended all the way to the restaurant, HiStKPG, and the current entrance to BT. The entire naval battle part of the BT queue is supposedly being demolished to make more space.

I was told that a Monster's Inc attraction was moving into the area, HiStKPG was being converted to A Bug's Life play area, a ride featuring Luigi from Cars was being built, and an Incredibles attraction based around them taking a vacation in Disney World are all planned. I was also told that Pizza Planet would be moved to the current restaurant location in that area, and that it would be more akin to the Toy Story depiction of it. My source said that a souvenier shop called Buy'n'Large would move in adjacent to the GMR building and Bugs Life play area. I was told this area would receive several more Meet and Greet areas. Finally, my source says that the Monsters Inc coaster would not be a major thrill ride, and that depending on the Muppets franchise rebirth, the current Pizza Planet may or may not be changed over to a restaurant called The Swedish Chef.

Now, I know that's a lot, and I know that at this point none of that is confirmed. I'm just curious if anybody else "in the know" has heard the same. Basically I'm looking for confirmation that this is in the works or is being worked on behind the scenes.

Thanks and please let me know.

JustInTime

Most people start these threads with "my friend told me," "an imagineer I tackled admitted," or "the bus driver said." Instead, we'll just skip that here since I don't want anybody in trouble for me blabbing. I just know that some people on here are in the know, and I'm wondering if one those "in the know" people can verify this information.

After Star Tours, DHS will receive several changes in order to expand Pixar Place. The queue for the Backlot Tour is supposedly going to be re-routed so that the entrance is on Streets of America. Pixar Place was told to me to be extended all the way to the restaurant, HiStKPG, and the current entrance to BT. The entire naval battle part of the BT queue is supposedly being demolished to make more space.

I was told that a Monster's Inc attraction was moving into the area, HiStKPG was being converted to A Bug's Life play area, a ride featuring Luigi from Cars was being built, and an Incredibles attraction based around them taking a vacation in Disney World are all planned. I was also told that Pizza Planet would be moved to the current restaurant location in that area, and that it would be more akin to the Toy Story depiction of it. My source said that a souvenier shop called Buy'n'Large would move in adjacent to the GMR building and Bugs Life play area. I was told this area would receive several more Meet and Greet areas. Finally, my source says that the Monsters Inc coaster would not be a major thrill ride, and that depending on the Muppets franchise rebirth, the current Pizza Planet may or may not be changed over to a restaurant called The Swedish Chef.

Now, I know that's a lot, and I know that at this point none of that is confirmed. I'm just curious if anybody else "in the know" has heard the same. Basically I'm looking for confirmation that this is in the works or is being worked on behind the scenes.

I can't confirm any buy those are all so wonderful. Some of them I have not heard but but they all make sense and could EASLY be a reality. The only one I doubt is The Incredibles rumor. But I would love to see a Buy n Large. Anything Wall-e is fine with me. :xmas:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Would you mind if I asked "Informed by whom?" :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Pretty decent rumors, no?

Some we've seen here before, others possibly in the "Blue Sky" genre. I'm just asking, not trying to aggravate or insult the OP. I just remember one thread started where the OP was told by a friend about a rumor he heard from a CM. Kind of double hearsay in my book.

JustInTime

Take out the Incredibles and the Backlot Tour bit and I'd say that sounds pretty solid.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. The Incredible through me off. LOVE the Buy n large and Swedish Fish idea. The rumors sound great. Definitely believable but who knows.

SeaCastle

There are plans to expand Pixar Place. To my knowledge it includes demo'ing the BLT (but possibly re-working Catastrophe Canyon) to construct a kind of Carsland with Radiator Springs Racers. The playground will get re-themed to Bug's Life, and the nearby restaurant will get re-themed. Monsters, Inc. coaster is being built in and behind Soundstage One; I don't remember hearing anything else. The plans for this are still on hold. (All of this is what Martin/Lee have posted.)

RSoxNo1

This sounds like 10-15 years worth of projects. Some things about this that I like though are moving the entrance to the backlot tour. That would make some sense, and still allow them to keep it open during construction of an expanded Pixar Place.

Now, I want the Backlot Tour leveled as much as anyone, but apparently they feel it's needed for capacity.

trr1

Would you mind if I asked "Informed by whom?" :)
I think the OP just wants to know if any is true and doesnt want to get his friends in trouble for him wanting to share some confidential info
please see below

I don't want anybody in trouble for me blabbing. I just know that some people on here are in the know, and I'm wondering if one those "in the know" people can verify this information.
by the way welcome to the forum world traveler

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think the OP just wants to know if any is true and doesnt want to get his friends in trouble for him wanting to share some confidential info
please see below

I don't want anybody in trouble for me blabbing. I just know that some people on here are in the know, and I'm wondering if one those "in the know" people can verify this information.
by the way welcome to the forum world traveler

So essentially they want people here to confirm the rumors they're putting forth? :shrug:

Bork Bork

My source said that a souvenier shop called Buy'n'Large would move in adjacent to the GMR building and Bugs Life play area. I was told this area would receive several more Meet and Greet areas. Finally, my source says that the Monsters Inc coaster would not be a major thrill ride, and that depending on the Muppets franchise rebirth, the current Pizza Planet may or may not be changed over to a restaurant called The Swedish Chef.

This!! Oh how I've hoped for this day!! A true Muppet courtyard!! Please let it be...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well let me think....oh sorry, the only thing I can think of is them opening Sounds Dangerous for a month and-a-half :lookaroun

_Scar

Wasn't HISTAP conversion to ABL always supposed to happen sometime in the future?

And I'd love to eat at a Muppet restaurant. True or not, it's a great idea.

I can also see them tearing up the BL area since the last time I was there it was dead around 1pm. Nobody went beyond TSMM.

Do this TDO.

Now, I want the Backlot Tour leveled as much as anyone, but apparently they feel it's needed for capacity.

Make sure you take the Backlot Tour over and over and over again, on your trip next week. You and the rest of your crew should volunteer to be in the movie scene, and have someone tape it for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom