DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

817A31DF-46F3-4C03-B6F9-45B20683794C.jpeg
24E53BE0-2445-4720-8E43-176C1518B6D5.jpeg
A2B7E520-C538-4938-9DF6-4EE4D42B0C59.jpeg
D81922D3-410F-4BF3-BB72-8615135EA73E.jpeg

Lensman

OK, is that resort bus pull-in out beyond the Skyliner station? *That* far from the main gate? It's gonna be a helluva hike to DHS from the bus.
From what I'm estimating to be the furthest bus stop to the DHS front gate, it's about 0.3 miles or about a 5 minute walk. The old bus stops were certainly a lot closer with the furthest being 0.1 miles or a 3 minute walk. (Dunno how Google does those time estimates)

Google Maps estimates that the walk from the furthest bus stop to the turnstiles at Epcot to be 0.3 miles or about a 6 minute walk. Epcot probably seems even further because then you have to traverse the tombstone plaza before getting to what I consider the park proper at SSE.

All that said, you read a lot about how far the Epcot bus stops are and I'm sure we'll read a lot of complaints about how far the new DHS bus stops are.

Next Big Thing

From what I'm estimating to be the furthest bus stop to the DHS front gate, it's about 0.3 miles or about a 5 minute walk. The old bus stops were certainly a lot closer with the furthest being 0.1 miles or a 3 minute walk. (Dunno how Google does those time estimates)

Google Maps estimates that the walk from the furthest bus stop to the turnstiles at Epcot to be 0.3 miles or about a 6 minute walk. Epcot probably seems even further because then you have to traverse the tombstone plaza before getting to what I consider the park proper at SSE.

All that said, you read a lot about how far the Epcot bus stops are and I'm sure we'll read a lot of complaints about how far the new DHS bus stops are.
A 5 minute walk at worse case is certainly not all that bad. Especially since the bus loop at DHS has badly needed an overhaul for awhile. If you are at one of the stops in the back currently, you have to walk all the way around the loop to get there.

tonymu

Premium Member
Why does it look like there are going to be 3 times more bus stops than before when it seems like with the addition of the gondolas there should be fewer now?

d81922d3-410f-4bf3-bb72-8615135ea73e-jpeg.291819

tissandtully

Some of this space will prob be used to expand premium parking as well. Also, fwiw, a couple weekends ago I noticed LOTS of people had Disney parking tickets on their cars because they parked in premium parking without paying.

Rider

Are you sure they were not just the premium parking pass? Beyond the guest experience concerns I don't think Disney can ticket anyone. OCSO would need to do it and since this is private non-handicap parking there probably isn't a law to ticket them under. Disney would need to tow them as a civil matter if they didn't want people there.

tissandtully

Are you sure they were not just the premium parking pass? Beyond the guest experience concerns I don't think Disney can ticket anyone. OCSO would need to do it and since this is private non-handicap parking there probably isn't a law to ticket them under. Disney would need to tow them as a civil matter if they didn't want people there.
Yeah, they were "Disney parking tickets", which basically say we've recorded your license plate info and if this happens again we can tow you, etc.. I stopped and grabbed one off a windshield and read it. Should have taken a pic.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The new facility will replace the existing Disney transport bus stops as well as the charter bus lot.

Yeah, a lot of non-Disney and charter buses are sharing the same spaces, we is awkward when they're both there at the same time which bumps one of them to somewhere else. It'll be nice for (mostly) everyone to have a dedicated space.

briangaw

I am wondering if once the final section of parking lot they are working on is complete will it become cast parking along with the handicap spaces they already completed? Then they would open where the non-handicap cast parking is now to guest parking. Otherwise you will have a weird island of guest parking separated by cast parking from the rest of guest parking.

Actually the last shot showing everything brings up two things. The first is how many spots are actually being added after the end of this parking expansion? I know it will be overall larger and they are gaining spaces, but considering the spaces lost to the bus area and the possible tram turnaround and security perimeter work I feel like there will be nowhere near enough for the coming Star Wars onslaught. Once all is said and done will be fun to look and see the actual number of spots gained.

Secondly, the last picture really shows that the tram route placement is going to make very little sense if it remains where it is. If the cast parking flips as I suspect or even better if it doesn't, the current tram route will be lopsided. People parked out in the newer sections will be far from the entrance and a tram. Every other WDW has tram routes roughly bifurcating the lots, which makes sense. This one will not and even worst will have like half a lot on bus area side. Interested in the grand plan for this, if there is one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom