DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

Driver

I drove an Articulating Bus once and all I could think of was a stubby parking lot tram. It seemed to me that like the trams the two piece tram train just followed almost exactly in the same spot as the wheels at the rear of the lead bus. I was able to get around every corner and circle that I could with a 40 footer. Backing up is another story, but, we were always told never to back up anyway.
This is true they track almost perfectly

joelkfla

ESRI has updated their aerials. It seems to be about January 20, 2019. I've been waiting for this update since it usually updates every January. The ESRI images for WDW can be found at the county appraiser's site:

Click on Base Map, then 2019 for the satellite view.

Google Maps and Earth should be updating in a month or so, too.

View attachment 358876
Also, turn off Parcel Lines in the Layers menu for a clearer view.

Lensman

Looks like fabric rather than asphalt so maybe they are seeding the path for grass?
Do you think they're putting grass instead of a gravel bed? Originally there was speculation that they would lay a gravel bed to create a stable, yet permeable pathway for the International Rescue operations vehicles to evacuate the passengers out of the gondolas while on the line.

Or is the gravel bed under the fabric layer?

Rteetz

Do you think they're putting grass instead of a gravel bed? Originally there was speculation that they would lay a gravel bed to create a stable, yet permeable pathway for the International Rescue operations vehicles to evacuate the passengers out of the gondolas while on the line.

Or is the gravel bed under the fabric layer?
Not sure could be either.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like fabric rather than asphalt so maybe they are seeding the path for grass?

It might be something like this. It would provide stability when they have to drive vehicles over it, but it would also allow water to drain through.

Goofyernmost

I'm thinking weed barrier for a gravel road
I agree with the gravel, but, they have also placed material of a finer grit to lock the gravel in place. Considering the storms that hit Florida and the intensity of the rain fall during them, it would only be wise to put some type of slower, porous cover over the top until the outside water has time to slowly perk into the gravel and solidifying as well as making a barrier for weeds to grow through. That is what I think it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom